I really want a Kenu Airframe-like holder. It looks like their Plus model doesn't stretch wide enough and neither does the Bell+Howell knockoff.

Does one exist???

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 01:01 PM
    Check the ProClip site.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 01:07 PM
    Yeah. I've tested the Kenu Airframe+ with my Passport and it doesn't fit.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 01:28 PM
    ProClip doesn't fit in the vent right?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 01:53 PM
    Looks like they do but it's over $60+ USD. Anyone of you using it in a Jetta?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 01:57 PM
    I have this one, it�s really perfect!

BRODIT AB
    andy957 likes this.
    01-03-15 02:03 PM
    There is one from Amazon which has a round knob on one end. it opens to 'just' over the width of the Passport.
    01-03-15 02:40 PM
    Is there one that fits with a case?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 02:51 PM
    Is there one that fits with a case?

Posted via CB10
    Yes - I think it's called the iGrip. It opens up very wide, and has vent clips. Best Buy in Canada sells it for $24.95.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    01-03-15 02:58 PM
    Pro clip one is nice

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 03:02 PM
    Thanks for the lead guys. Just ordered the Proclip because it doesn't go into the air vent which in my experience is always wobbly i.e. it goes directly into the dash and also doesn't obstruct the air flow. It cost me $80 which is high but seems really like a solid solution and worth the money not to have the PP flopping around.
    01-03-15 06:21 PM
    I think the ProClip is built well and all but esthetically, it's not too appealing.
    Also, for me, it sticks out too far.

Is there a car vent based holder that will fit the Passport?-6100_.jpg
    This mount opens just beyond the width of the Passport. It holds well. Was used for just a couple of short rides.
    but, being connected to the vent, it made it a lot easier to look at when it came time for gps maps with the passport.
    When looking for this mount, read the descriptions carefully, so that you get which will open beyond the width of the Passport. Most descriptions mention phone size (which means screen size diagonally.

Thanks for the lead guys. Just ordered the Proclip because it doesn't go into the air vent which in my experience is always wobbly i.e. it goes directly into the dash and also doesn't obstruct the air flow. It cost me $80 which is high but seems really like a solid solution and worth the money not to have the PP flopping around.
    01-04-15 07:02 AM
    Seems ok for the non-vent unit but will have to confirm once it arrives.
    01-04-15 11:15 AM
    MHW100....can you share a photo of the one you got please?

01-04-15 03:19 PM
    MHW100....can you share a photo of the one you got please?
    Will do once it arrives and I get it installed.
    01-04-15 03:23 PM
    Is there a car vent based holder that will fit the Passport?-proclip-magnetic-holder.jpgI bought the Proclip holder for my Passport. It only works if your phone doesn't have a protected case (phone must be naked.

That said, in speaking to Proclip, I learned they have a unique magnetic mount that I bought, and find it is superb.
    iOauto Pro Magnetic Mount - Red*-*ProClip USA

The way it works is they supply the holder with a circular thin metal disk about the size of a quarter. You can attached the disk on the back of the case. I tried that, but found that I didn't care for how the disk affected the phone sitting flat on a desk.

I then came up with a solution. I took off my Seido case and attached the disk directly to the back of the phone (I used super glue, as per design, the magnet will exert pull on the disk). I then put the phone back in the Seido case, and the magnet is strong enough to still hold the Passport firmly. The image shows a red magnet. I bought the black one. Again, I'm very satisfied with the clip, and yes, it attaches to the vent clip sold by Proclip.
    andy957 likes this.
    01-04-15 08:38 PM
    Proclip is the best. Whether or not it clips over your vent depends on the vehicle. I picked one up for an X3 and it does fit right over the vent. It's very sturdy and no dashboard holes.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    01-04-15 08:55 PM
    If you have the phone on the Pro clip and you have the heater or AC on, won't that damage the phone?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 09:44 PM
    If you have the phone on the Pro clip and you have the heater or AC on, won't that damage the phone?

Posted via CB10
    No. I've used car clips for years that clip onto the vent, and I've never had a problem.

Most car heaters push the hottest heat through the floor vents to the feet & split between the upper vents and feet when the temperature isn't as hot.

I've never had an issue with ac either.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    01-04-15 10:13 PM
    Check out the Scosche magicmount. It uses a magnet and plate that attaches to the phone or in between the the phone and case. I was looking at the proclip, but discovered and chose this for my passport as it works with my hard shell case. The base is a stick on for the dash. It is relatively inexpensive (25 CAD) and has a very clean look. It comes with a small and large plate which works well with the passport. It is quite sturdy, even on very bumpy roads. I am purchasing another one for my other vehicle as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 11:11 PM
    I'm going naked except for the OEM holster and a screen protector so it doesn't bother me not to fit a case into the Proclip. I'm not going to use the OEM hard shell due to the scratches it reportedly leaves on the device.
    01-05-15 12:24 PM
    I think the ProClip is built well and all but esthetically, it's not too appealing.
    Also, for me, it sticks out too far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	**6100_.jpg 
Views:	755 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	325271
    This mount opens just beyond the width of the Passport. It holds well. Was used for just a couple of short rides.
    but, being connected to the vent, it made it a lot easier to look at when it came time for gps maps with the passport.
    When looking for this mount, read the descriptions carefully, so that you get which will open beyond the width of the Passport. Most descriptions mention phone size (which means screen size diagonally.
    Which mount is this?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:01 AM
    Fits in cd slot. It's perfect.
    Mountek
    Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices

List Price: $24.95
    Price:$17.19
    FREE Shipping on orders over $35

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Is there a car vent based holder that will fit the Passport?-img_20150223_074825.png  
    vletnguyen likes this.
    02-23-15 09:52 AM
    Fits in cd slot. It's perfect.
    Mountek
    Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices

List Price: $24.95
    Price:$17.19
    FREE Shipping on orders over $35

Posted via CB10
    Thanks.

I just ordered this from Amazon.ca

I'll post some photos of it on my 07 Civic when I receive it next week.

The suction one I'm currently using doesn't cut it anymore. Suction mounts don't work in the very cold.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:51 AM