I ordered a Passport but canceled it as I wasn't sure.

I just visited a Telus store and tried the Passport out for about an hour. In the end I'm glad I canceled it - made the right decision.

Build quality and screen is excellent. However I didn't really care the the 3 rows of keys, and it felt a little uncomfortable in the hand. Although it's a great device I feel the Z30 is the perfect balance and will continue to use it.

But back on topic, the Telus store in the Pacific Centre here in Vancouver seemed good to go with selling it outright at $750 whereas Rogers located directly across from Telus has it for $700.. not sure if they would sell it off contract.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by robert_in_la; 10-04-14 at 05:00 PM.
    10-04-14 03:23 PM
    Opening an account with Telus is free. They just need some means to bill you. What are you going to do otherwise, throw money at your phone while you're talking to the customer service staff?

Posted via CB10
    Well my experience with Telus was different. I bought a Q10 from them outright and walked out the door without doing anything but laying down my credit card.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 03:26 PM
    I ordered a Passport but canceled it as I wasn't sure.

I just visited a Telus store and tried the Passport out for about an hour. In the end I'm glad I canceled it - made the right decision.

Build quality and screen is excellent. However I didn't really care the the 3 rows of keys, and it felt a little uncomfortable in the hand. Although it's a great device I feel the Z30 is the perfect balance and will continue to use it.

But back on topic, the Telus store in the Pacific Centre here in Vancouver seemed go to go with seeking it outright at $750 whereas Rogers located directly across from Telus has it for $700.. not sure if they would sell it off contract.

Posted via CB10
    Is it because of the security lock and tether on the device that made it feel uncomfortable?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 03:44 PM
    Is it because of the security lock and tether on the device that made it feel uncomfortable?

Posted via CB10
    No. They didn't have a locked down display out. They have a working model in the back that they brought out and handed me.

Honestly I can't make out what about it made it feel uncomfortable to me. However that screen and camera where really, really great.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 04:53 PM
    I think the OP is better off just buying directly from BlackBerry (which comes unlocked) and having it shipped to your mom's place. Trying to buy devices full price from the carriers has always been a hassle in my experience.
    10-08-14 08:27 AM
55 123