Tan leather case shipping now!-img_20141107_215200_edit.png

Just got shipping confirmation on the TAN leather flip case.
    Anybody got the flip case have any thoughts/advice?

Posted via CB10
    ezubeBB2013 likes this.
    11-07-14 11:55 PM
    Just opened my black one today. Good, but not great, almost seems as if it's too small! Should be a little longer and a little wider. Phone edges sorta stick out top/bottom/side.

Not excited about the type of smooth leather, almost feels like vinyl (pleather). Wish it was more like the pebbled/textured Z30 sleeve.

BlackBerry stuff is usually so top-notch, well made. Not this one, just has a cheapness about it. Bought mine from ShopBlackberry.

Would rather have the tan, maybe it would "weather" and have a better appearance.

Ultimately, I think I'll just have someone make one for me custom (saddle shop/boot maker).

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    11-08-14 01:39 AM
    I love the sleek feel to it. I have the black, wish I had the tan.

Brought to you by...My sweet Passport
    11-08-14 04:46 AM
    How long do these typically take to arrive after ordering? (I'm in Toronto).

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 10:39 AM
    How long do these typically take to arrive after ordering? (I'm in Toronto).

Posted via CB10
    I ordered on Oct 28 when it popped on the site, but then got the back-ordered email. I always pick 2day shipping, so current estimate for delivery is the 11th of Nov

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 11:14 AM
    I got my tan flip shell a few days ago. As others stated, it is a decent case, but nothing to really get excited about. The back is indeed too small for the phone, especially for top/bottom of the device. Of course you need to get used to the new adhesive method to apply the case, instead of just snapping it in.
    Besides that, it seems to be authentic leather and no fake one, it feels very smooth. The flip cover needs a couple of days to settle in. A welcomed improvement over the Q10 flip shell: they made the plastic lense for the LED larger, so it covers a greater area of tolerence to show the light when the cover is closed.

Posted via CB10
    Kid@heart likes this.
    11-08-14 11:38 AM
    I bought the tan flip cover from Telus, and I have to agree a little disappointed with it. Seems too small for the phone, I've been using it for a couple weeks and when I close it without locking the phone I presses the buttons on the left side of the keyboard. Almost like it's too narrow for the thickness of the phone. When it's on my desk I have to lay it face down otherwise it doesn't stay closed..... I'll have to wait for a BlackBerry pouch

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 11:52 AM
    So it's stuck on with adhesive? You can't take it off and on over and over?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 02:22 PM
    So it's stuck on with adhesive? You can't take it off and on over and over?

Posted via CB10
    Sure you can take it and off as you like - up to 2000 times as BlackBerry states. They also say the adhesive doesn't leave any marks on the back of the device. It's some new stuff made by 3M.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 02:52 PM
    I have been looking forward to this option, but it does not sound like the best bet. Do any of you remember the Palm m500 cover? How awesome would a cover that slides into the side frame be! It would be easily removed for mounts and such and an integral part of the phone for sturdiness in the pocket. Tan leather case shipping now!-image.jpg
    11-08-14 05:41 PM
    I ordered the OEM leather case, but I later found a case made by Stilgut and ordered it direct from Germany. I used a Stilgut case on my Xperia Z Ultra and was very satisfied with the craftsmanship.
    Last edited by tagumcity; 11-08-14 at 06:34 PM.
    11-08-14 06:09 PM
    I later found a case made by Stilgut and ordered it direct from Germany.
    Got mine today. Really nice case I'd say, fitting the Passport perfectly, high-quality material and well crafted. There's only one flaw: The hole for LED is in the wrong place, about 1cm too far to the left... Don't know whether it would work at all with the cutout in the right place, though, since it's a really small hole in quite a thick leather flip cover.
    11-11-14 12:53 PM
    I have been using the black leather case for about 4 days now. I think it's the perfect size.
    Took me a couple of days to get adjusted to it.
    I walked in to buy the tan version but decided on the black after the in-store rep pointed out the potential for visible scratches.

To me the black one looks like more a passport
    11-11-14 05:15 PM
    I have been looking forward to this option, but it does not sound like the best bet. Do any of you remember the Palm m500 cover? How awesome would a cover that slides into the side frame be! It would be easily removed for mounts and such and an integral part of the phone for sturdiness in the pocket. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1479 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	313090
    I think I still have one of these. The case was very easy to change...I have to agree.

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    11-11-14 07:53 PM
    Just got it today and I really love it!
    I use a q10 as my "phone" so the size is not an issue to me.

Typing is no problem at all, and I LOVE the book like feel to it because reading news articles is really comfortable because I can cradle it in one hand like a small book.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 11:18 PM
    Got mine today. Really nice case I'd say, fitting the Passport perfectly, high-quality material and well crafted. There's only one flaw: The hole for LED is in the wrong place, about 1cm too far to the left... Don't know whether it would work at all with the cutout in the right place, though, since it's a really small hole in quite a thick leather flip cover.
    Are you sure you are not trying to line up the hole in the case with the front facing camera? I made that mistake at first, thinking that my case was made wrong, as the camera is to the far right on the Passport. The LED is to the left of that by about a centimeter, and mine lines up perfectly with the hole in the OEM case.
    11-12-14 03:21 AM
    I bought the tan flip cover from Telus, and I have to agree a little disappointed with it. Seems too small for the phone, I've been using it for a couple weeks and when I close it without locking the phone I presses the buttons on the left side of the keyboard. Almost like it's too narrow for the thickness of the phone. When it's on my desk I have to lay it face down otherwise it doesn't stay closed..... I'll have to wait for a BlackBerry pouch

Posted via CB10
    On another thread someone mentioned this Spigen magnetic clip which was made for the Galaxy S5.

Magnetic Clip For Original Flip Cover (Galaxy S5 and Note 3/ Note 4) | Spigen

It also works perfectly with the BlackBerry Passport leather case. I bought mine on eBay but you can also buy direct from Spigen. I can now lay my Passport down, close the cover, and the magnet holds the cover closed. Does not interfere with the sleep/awake function of the cover, nor does it cause the cover to press any of the keys either. Highly recommend.
    11-12-14 03:29 AM
    Are you sure you are not trying to line up the hole in the case with the front facing camera? I made that mistake at first, thinking that my case was made wrong, as the camera is to the far right on the Passport. The LED is to the left of that by about a centimeter, and mine lines up perfectly with the hole in the OEM case.
    Does the Stilgut case have the LED hole in the right place? because it's a great looking case. If yes, I think i'll order one

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 06:18 AM
    I ordered mine from crackberry on October 13th hopefully mine ships out soon

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 10:56 AM
    Cheapest price I saw online for the BlackBerry Tan Leather flip was on Expansys.
    Ordered it 3 days ago and it's supposed to ship 4 days from then...
    Let's see how it goes...
    Right now it says they have 73 in stock in their warehouse (not sure how accurate that is)

http://www.expansys.ca/blackberry-pa...se-tan-264632/

Also ordered a cheapie Amzer charging dock from then that looks like a good fit, but it's not showing up on the site any more.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 09:33 PM
    Does the Stilgut case have the LED hole in the right place? because it's a great looking case. If yes, I think i'll order one

Posted via CB10
    It does! I ordered the tan one from Amazon and received it the other day. I really love it!
    11-20-14 02:52 AM
    Cheapest price I saw online for the BlackBerry Tan Leather flip was on Expansys.
    Ordered it 3 days ago and it's supposed to ship 4 days from then...
    Let's see how it goes...
    Right now it says they have 73 in stock in their warehouse (not sure how accurate that is)

http://www.expansys.ca/blackberry-pa...se-tan-264632/

Also ordered a cheapie Amzer charging dock from then that looks like a good fit, but it's not showing up on the site any more.

Posted via CB10
    Bit of bad news: even though their site says they will ship 4 days after order, apparently it's going to be 1-2 weeks before they receive stock.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 06:42 PM
    On another thread someone mentioned this Spigen magnetic clip which was made for the Galaxy S5.

Magnetic Clip For Original Flip Cover (Galaxy S5 and Note 3/ Note 4) | Spigen

It also works perfectly with the BlackBerry Passport leather case. I bought mine on eBay but you can also buy direct from Spigen. I can now lay my Passport down, close the cover, and the magnet holds the cover closed. Does not interfere with the sleep/awake function of the cover, nor does it cause the cover to press any of the keys either. Highly recommend.
    There are two clip models that the Spigen web site sells, one is for the Samsung and the other for HTC, different pricing too. Which model works better?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 03:28 AM
    It does! I ordered the tan one from Amazon and received it the other day. I really love it!
    Great! Thanks for the confirmation.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-30-14 06:05 AM
    Bit of bad news: even though their site says they will ship 4 days after order, apparently it's going to be 1-2 weeks before they receive stock.

Posted via CB10
    Got my tan case today.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 05:12 PM