Anybody else experiencing voicemail and or visual voicemail problems with their passports? Whenever I go to setup vvm, I keep getting an unknown error after I enter and confirm a new password. When I call normal voicemail, it doesn't register that I have a mailbox. It asks me to enter the number of the person's vm box I'm trying to reach. I enter my own and they tell me that vm box is unavailable. Afterwards I press pound to get to "my own box" and I'm prompted to enter my vm box number. It's not my ten or seven digit number. It's not the passcode I gave AT&T at the time of signup. I have no clue what it is.

I called AT&T, and the girl reset my password to the last 7 of my phone number. I tried again, both in vm and vvm and nothing worked. They suggested I download the myAT&T app to setup my vm/vvm. They texted me a D/L link for that app, and everytime I click 'Get App' I get a system maintainence screen, and they're unable to process my request at the time, try back later.

Anyone else with an unlocked passport on AT&T having voicemail issues and/or problems with the myAT&T app? I figured I'd ask here before calling them again, since the convo I last had with them didn't resolve anything. Any insight is greatly appreciated

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 10:20 AM
    Make sure they actually activated for that account.

I had the issue that Visual Voicemail wasn't activated for the account for my Z30.
    My Passport works, however.
    12-09-14 10:45 AM
    Agree with the poster above. When I went in to AT&T to get my Passport activated, they changed my plan to accommodate a Blackberry smart phone. This, apparently, included cancelling my voicemail service.

A phone call to AT&T customer service straightened this out. It appears that the rep(s) you've spoken to don't know how to verify whether or not voicemail service is being provided for your account.
    12-09-14 11:42 AM
    I had the same issue with my wife's PP. The local store could not resolve it but a call to AT&T via 611resolved it as the person we talked to set some "code" that resolved it. I would suggest calling AT&T back until you get a rep that knows what they are doing. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 12:03 PM
    Agree with above. VVM works perfectly on AT&T for me.

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1154
    12-09-14 12:28 PM
    The same thing happened to me. My local store either disabled or deleted my voice mail account. They wouldn't do anything to help without coming in to re-register the device, but 611 was able to get me going again.

Since then, I've once had my voice mail crash on someone who was leaving me a message. I really don't know what was up with that. Hopefully it doesn't become a habit.
    12-09-14 01:25 PM
    Thanks for all the tips everyone. It tool me 4 calls before I got someone who knew what they were talking about. When I went in last week to activate my Passport, the geniuses set my voicemail to activate on the 10th. Seven, count em. SEVEN. DAYS. AFTER. I. ACTIVATED. THE. PHONE. Brilliant. It should be all good tomorrow. I'll let you know. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 12:47 AM
    Voila! Voicemail!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 04:40 PM
    Some "Thanks" clicking is in order, me thinks.
    12-11-14 08:22 AM
    Everytime I unlock my screen the visual voice mail input box pops up, asking for a code, that I don't have.

Last few days, my normal voice-mail hasn't shown any indication that I had a voice-mail. Turns out I had several.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 11:34 AM
    It is likely the same password you enter if you dialed in from a different phone. If you've never set one it is likely 0000 or the last 4 of your phone number or possibly the last four digits of your phone number preceeded by 00. If that doesn't work you should be able to ask them to reset it and then it should prompt you to setup it up.
    12-11-14 12:59 PM