The Z10 was officially released on February 5, 2013. T-Mobile became the first US carrier to offer the Z10, with it being available March 13th. AT&T followed soon after, making it available on March 22nd. Thus it became available in the U.S. approximately 5-7 weeks after the official launch.

I couldn't find data on the Q10, but the Z30 first became available in canada, on october 18, and became available in the US on November 14th, essentially 4 weeks later (though not on AT&T which seems to lag a bit).

Based on recent blackberry history, it seems likely that the passport will become officially available in the US (through AT&T) probably in the next 4-6 weeks. It seems unlikely that it will made available sooner than that.

I'm planning to get one when they're available, so I hope that I'm wrong and that they are out next week. But I'm guessing early to mid November before I get my early christmas present.
    10-01-14 01:17 AM
    I'm predicting Friday, October 10th. Or sooner would be better. lol
    10-01-14 03:12 AM
    I hope that you're right and that I'm wrong!
    10-01-14 08:42 AM
    I was on a chat with an AT&T rep yesterday and all they would tell me is it will be out in roughly a month
    10-01-14 09:23 AM
    Lang007,
    That seems likely to me as I noted, but company reps are notoriously ill-informed. So their comments are usually best taken with a large grain of salt. After getting stuck with a lot of Z10 inventory, Blackberry apparently underestimated the demand for the device. So I do worry that manufacturing capacity might delay the release even further. On the other hand, if AT&T is seeing the demand, they may move their timetable up a bit if the manufacturing can ramp up quickly enough to meet the demand. I just wish they would make an announcement and let people know officially when it will be available.

I'm tempted to just buy an unlocked one, but that's a lot of extra money to spend just to have it a month early (especially when it apparently will be a hassle to get working properly on their network). I don't plan on leaving AT&T (they get the best reception in my area, and I'm grandfathered in to an unlimited data plan), so I don't see any advantage to getting the unlocked phone except for getting to play with it a few weeks early (and as I said, even that is tempting!)
    lang007 likes this.
    10-01-14 10:13 AM
    Lang007,
    That seems likely to me as I noted, but company reps are notoriously ill-informed. So their comments are usually best taken with a large grain of salt. After getting stuck with a lot of Z10 inventory, Blackberry apparently underestimated the demand for the device. So I do worry that manufacturing capacity might delay the release even further. On the other hand, if AT&T is seeing the demand, they may move their timetable up a bit if the manufacturing can ramp up quickly enough to meet the demand. I just wish they would make an announcement and let people know officially when it will be available.

I'm tempted to just buy an unlocked one, but that's a lot of extra money to spend just to have it a month early (especially when it apparently will be a hassle to get working properly on their network). I don't plan on leaving AT&T (they get the best reception in my area, and I'm grandfathered in to an unlimited data plan), so I don't see any advantage to getting the unlocked phone except for getting to play with it a few weeks early (and as I said, even that is tempting!)
    yea but it depends on if your gonna go with att next or pay full retail so you don't get that $40 line charge provided you have that disgrace for a plan if you have it, buying it unlocked would be better and cheaper in the long run.
    10-01-14 10:25 AM