Hi,
    I need some clarification. I received a replacement phone from AT&T a BlackBerry Passport and I also asked them for the unlocking code.(because I want to sell it and get a DTEK).
    Now my first question, does the AT&T Passport even come locked?
    My second question is in the email with the unlocking code and instructions it says to insert the non-AT&T sim card to unlock it, which I don't have. Can I unlock it without a sim card or with the AT&T sim card instead?

Any information on this is appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-16 02:30 PM
    Should be no problem to unlock it.... BlackBerryCodeSource (or an unlocking solution of your choice)

Yes the AT&T Passport is locked.
    As for SIM Card.... I'd contact BlackBerryCodeSource. I know for a while it was necessary to active a Passport first on AT&T, but that was early on when the Passport was a new device. But I haven't heard of any need for a non-AT&T SIM.
    12-21-16 03:57 PM
    I tried with code but had no success, so I bought a software called chimera, paid the license for unlocking BB and paid credits to do it myself, with just one click I've done it
    12-21-16 03:58 PM
    Amazing. Codesource worked for mine.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    12-22-16 02:29 PM
    I was wondering if the ppse I have is unlocked, I got it form shop BlackBerry the option to change my phone from 4g to 3g is not available under mobile network like others I see im on at&t anyone know a solution for this

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 01:17 PM
    Many use on att and yes SE is unlocked. go to poor area of coverage and you will have 4G there are many areas of poor quality. Actually since att is a crooked company, the 4g towers can actually show up as lte towers. Or Lte towers actually are 4g towers and run at that speed while showing up as lte. Make sense? This is att in America. call the FCC.
    12-24-16 08:22 PM
    Hi,
    I need some clarification. I received a replacement phone from AT&T a BlackBerry Passport and I also asked them for the unlocking code.(because I want to sell it and get a DTEK).
    Now my first question, does the AT&T Passport even come locked?
    My second question is in the email with the unlocking code and instructions it says to insert the non-AT&T sim card to unlock it, which I don't have. Can I unlock it without a sim card or with the AT&T sim card instead?

Any information on this is appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, your AT&T branded passport is networked lock. Since you already have the unlock code Just borrow someone's nano sim card. Enter the unlock code and boom you're done.
    01-08-17 02:26 PM
    Hey Zeratul57!

Thanks for the shoutout here

Cheers!
    Amazing. Codesource worked for mine.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    01-16-17 02:50 PM
    Hey Dunt! Thanks for the recommendation here

Appreciate it guys. Yes we can help anyone unlock an AT&T (or any other GSM network) Blackberry Passport quickly, PM anytime if you need help and I will be happy to help.

Cheers!

James
    Should be no problem to unlock it.... BlackBerryCodeSource (or an unlocking solution of your choice)

Yes the AT&T Passport is locked.
    As for SIM Card.... I'd contact BlackBerryCodeSource. I know for a while it was necessary to active a Passport first on AT&T, but that was early on when the Passport was a new device. But I haven't heard of any need for a non-AT&T SIM.
    01-16-17 02:51 PM
    From someone on att, let me break this down. 2g is no more. As of January first, they've shut down the 2g signal. Any 2g signal is roaming. 3g is exactly that. Hpsa, standard issue 3g technology. "4g" isn't. It's hpsa+. Anyone who owned a unlocked nokia saw this as 3.5g which is what it is. And finally Lte. This is what's closest to a true 4g tech. And my speeds are as follows. 2g 250k. 3g about 4mps. 3.5g about 11 mps and Lte about 25 to 45 mps.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 10:40 PM
    ATT gave me an unlock code for my Passport 3 months after I bought it from them on 2 year contract. Surprised me at the time. Later when I tried to unlock another phone on contract, customer service told me it was a mistake that they sent me the code for the Passport. I think the person who released the code thought ATT was done with BlackBerry. Whatever the case, it still tickles me after nearly 2 years.

I know it was a fluke, but those of you still locked on contract might want to request the unlock code from ATT. Never hurts to ask.
    01-20-17 04:36 AM
    I got my code from AT&T and entered it with my AT&T sim card in side and the device said it has been unlocked. I don't have another sim
    01-20-17 05:17 AM
    Congratulations
    01-20-17 05:51 AM
  14. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    Send back again if you have warrnty

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 03:45 AM
    Hey Dunt! Thanks for the recommendation here

Appreciate it guys. Yes we can help anyone unlock an AT&T (or any other GSM network) Blackberry Passport quickly, PM anytime if you need help and I will be happy to help.

Cheers!

James
    HI I was wondering if I could get assistance? Have has this phone for years and was wondering for help in unlocking and best apps to download? Thank you!
    05-04-20 12:33 AM
    HI I was wondering if I could get assistance? Have has this phone for years and was wondering for help in unlocking and best apps to download? Thank you!
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!! Post early and post often.

I would suggest contacting AT&T first
    05-04-20 07:08 AM