I bought the passport about 3 months ago. Had a laundry list of issues including the screen peel. The repair center ordered me a new one.

I receive the new PP in a couple days. Right out of the box I can see its brand new and the upper right hand corner of the screen is lifting. It's now a week old and I can see light bleeding through the edge of the phone halfway down the side.

I go to the repair center again and this time they want very little to do with me. He gives me a number to call and makes a note that he seen the screen lifting.

So, I call. I talk with a girl at att and she tells me they have no known issues with these phones having screen lifting issues. Then she tells me to go to the repair center I was just at so they can look at it and replace if need be. I explain to her that isn't an option, she asks why. I tell her that her information is not accurate due to the repair center not stocking the passport there and they've never even seen a passport in there store, both times I was there, 4 different repair techs.

She proceeds to send me to a repair center an hour from me. I told her that's not going to happen due to the lack of knowledge ATT has about this phone, weather it's a store that sells/stocks it, repairs it, or even seen it.

She's sending me out a new one (now 3rd PP in 3 months) and my second one hasn't even arrived at ATT yet. Crossing fingers it holds together. I'm about to go back to sprint so they buy me out of this contract or a sell this newest one on ebay. I don't know what else to do at this point. The odds of getting one that won't be a piece of $&@? Is slim.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 02:30 PM
    what a nightmare. I'd give up and get a different phone.
    07-06-15 04:38 PM
    I don't get how people get all these bad phones :x

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 04:58 PM
    I bought the passport about 3 months ago. Had a laundry list of issues including the screen peel. The repair center ordered me a new one.

I receive the new PP in a couple days. Right out of the box I can see its brand new and the upper right hand corner of the screen is lifting. It's now a week old and I can see light bleeding through the edge of the phone halfway down the side.

I go to the repair center again and this time they want very little to do with me. He gives me a number to call and makes a note that he seen the screen lifting.

So, I call. I talk with a girl at att and she tells me they have no known issues with these phones having screen lifting issues. Then she tells me to go to the repair center I was just at so they can look at it and replace if need be. I explain to her that isn't an option, she asks why. I tell her that her information is not accurate due to the repair center not stocking the passport there and they've never even seen a passport in there store, both times I was there, 4 different repair techs.

She proceeds to send me to a repair center an hour from me. I told her that's not going to happen due to the lack of knowledge ATT has about this phone, weather it's a store that sells/stocks it, repairs it, or even seen it.

She's sending me out a new one (now 3rd PP in 3 months) and my second one hasn't even arrived at ATT yet. Crossing fingers it holds together. I'm about to go back to sprint so they buy me out of this contract or a sell this newest one on ebay. I don't know what else to do at this point. The odds of getting one that won't be a piece of $&@? Is slim.

Posted via CB10

How is it you're now getting a 3rd PP in 3mths when the 2nd has yet to be signed-off in your hands to be marked as delivered?!

In my eyes THIS is part of the issue - not you specifically - I mean the system.
    Let's look at it from a very disgruntled BB user or a hater from the competition with the $$ and resources to work the system just like this.
    1) Get a PP, find or with tools MAKE it appear to have a factor build quality issue.
    2) return it make a complaint.
    3) Get one ordered which takes time, not yet in hands,
    4) Get another one yet this time in hands play the same game.
    5) #3 arrives, do the same thing you do with #1.

You don't exactly have to rinse, repeat and recycle to see what this does exactly.
    1) sales reps impression that the PP is piece of junk coinciding the already consumer social media hate against BB, no chance for a win there.
    2) AT&T or any provider starts being pressured to loose a client yet moreover horrible word of mouth for customer assurance and happiness and decides to loose cash to support credits to such a client JUST to keep them from spreading ill will and experience of the product and the services rendered to support this product amongst others - recall the power of word of mouth?!
    3) AT&T begins to get this in the high 10's of thousands ... guess what they'll do the same thing like T-Mobile USA had did for almost a year, shun BB.

So you see where I'm getting at? It's the real nightmare ... and again this is in NO WAY against the person I quoted, I'm just after the system of not delivering what was promised ... the FIRST time

Peace.
    PS: You gotta fight, for your right ...
    07-06-15 05:22 PM
    My original ATT passport ended up with the frame warping and the screen lifting off as well. Went to the warranty repair center in Houston and they didn't have any in Stock so they ordered me one. Five days later, the replacement arrives and it too has slight frame warping issues and the screen is lifting off on that one too. I'm now on my third passport with ATT and it also has screen lifting but I'll just use it until it gets on my nerves too much.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 05:26 PM
    I understand SupaFly's concerns, truly I do, because I too am aware of the unwarranted bashing that takes place against our beloved BBs. However, one must factor in the climatic effects on all goods delivered into the Greater Houston area, because the heat and humidity are able to warp all things solid, and create lifting of all screens, even on our beloved BBs!!!
    07-06-15 06:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    I understand SupaFly's concerns, truly I do, because I too am aware of the unwarranted bashing that takes place against our beloved BBs. However, one must factor in the climatic effects on all goods delivered into the Greater Houston area, because the heat and humidity are able to warp all things solid, and create lifting of all screens, even on our beloved BBs!!!
    Hey can you guys post pictures of the screen lifting on the AT&T Passport. I have seen the OG Passport issue, just have not seen it on the AT&T Passport.
    07-06-15 07:50 PM
    I'd just order the original one in red from shopbb but that's just me!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 08:05 PM
    The fact that ATT told me they aren't aware of this issue with there PP phones makes me want to take my business elsewhere. They are stone cold liars.

My options at this point are.

1. Go somewhere that will buy my contract outright for my business.
    2. Sell new one that comes on ebay and get a new phone with that money.
    3. Terminate my contract with them, pay penalties, and still sell phone on ebay and go to verizon.
    4. __________. Fill in the blank with what you would do.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 03:53 PM
    The fact that ATT told me they aren't aware of this issue with there PP phones makes me want to take my business elsewhere. They are stone cold liars.

3. Terminate my contract with them, pay penalties, and still sell phone on ebay and go to verizon.

Posted via CB10
    4. Post a picture of said AT&T Passport with the lifted screen issue. So other can see Thanks
    07-07-15 05:47 PM

Posted via CB10

Better yet start buying your devices unlocked from amazon and don't get hooked into contracts. Best thing I have done in years with regards to cell phones.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    blambtn likes this.
    07-07-15 08:23 PM
    I don't get how people get all these bad phones :x

Posted via CB10
    I agree here and also agree to go unlocked from shopblackberry or Amazon. Take the monthly discount for bringing your own device and you'll save in the long run.

Sorry to the OP that you are having issues. I've purchased a black Passport on launch and a red one in November as well as my mom's on Mothers Day (AT&T version) and there are zero hardware issues with any except a slightly loose volume up key on the original black Passport.

Still basically flawless for... wow, almost 10 months already! Good luck with your new Passport. Sucks that you have to go through this with less than knowledgeable reps.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 11:02 PM
    I actually have a video on youtube about the screen lifting issue.

I should have placed the devices face down in the video to show the warping but I left them face up. The original one is warped worse than the second one and I showed both of these to the techs at ATT.

Posted via CB10
    Pcmx and littlebite76 like this.
    07-08-15 12:56 AM
    Kewl girls video hits the nail right on the head. Well done. If I get another phone with these issues I'm going to the repair center again, talk with a manager, and if he has no answer I'm speaking to a regional manager. Work my way up the ladder till I stop getting bull****. This needs to be resolved. If this was an iphone or Samsung doing this it would be viral.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 06:04 AM
    AT&T passport saga continues-img_7536.jpg
    AT&T passport saga continues-img_7537.jpg
    AT&T passport saga continues-img_7538.jpg
    AT&T passport saga continues-img_7539.jpg

At&t here I come. My passport is maybe a month old. How sad.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 11:03 PM
    Yeah that's pretty bad.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 12:07 AM
    Are you carrying the phone in your back pocket? Two AT&T Passport in the house and two friends with Passport with no screen issues. Hope you get it taking care of.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 09:51 AM
    I went to AT&T today and they confirmed that it was a known issue. My new device will arrive in 3-4 days.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 08:10 PM
    3rd PP came today and the corner where the front facing camera is has a little spring to it when you push on it compared to the others that are solid.

I'm kinda curious if anyone has taken one of these phones apart to see if there's just minimal area for glue to make contact compared to the other corners or they lack glue in general due to a machine glitch at the factory not applying enough.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 02:03 PM