Hey guys,

So I've owned my AT&T passport for only a few months but now all of a sudden the phone won't charge! I've tried two different chargers already (which have always worked in the past) and it won't charge at all. Everything else works fine with the phone (calling, browsing, music, etc)

Do you guys know if there is a warranty in place for the phone? Would blackberry replace this phone? Everything else with the phone works normally so it's strange for the charging port to be busted.

Also, I'm on the at&t monthly installments program. How does this affect getting a potential replacement for the phone? Any help would be appreciated!!

thanks
    06-01-15 09:02 AM
    You bring it back to ATT store and have them fix or repalce it.
    06-01-15 09:07 AM
    You bring it back to ATT store and have them fix or repalce it.
    so you're sure this is something at&t would replace with no issues? Cause I'm not sure if I had to purchase some type of warranty for it, or if this is something that is automatically covered
    06-01-15 09:14 AM
    so you're sure this is something at&t would replace with no issues? Cause I'm not sure if I had to purchase some type of warranty for it, or if this is something that is automatically covered
    All BlackBerry products have a one year limited warranty that your retailer has to take care of. Nothing to worry about here but you should call your technical support line for troubleshooting. It sounds like a software issue.

Have you tried to restart the phone by holding both volume buttons until the phone reboots? Try that first.
    06-01-15 09:16 AM
    I haven't, I guess I'll try that now but how does that affect the charging?

Anyway, I just got back from AT&T and did not get the phone replaced because they "fixed" it. They wipe down the charging port with alcohol and dried it with an dusting spray which actually did the trick. The charger they used worked!

When I got back home, it still didn't work with 2 different chargers. Finally, I tried a 3rd charger (a samsung charger from a friend) and it started charging but after 20 minutes, it stopped charging! Which is where I am at the moment. I will have to go back to the at&t center =/
    06-01-15 02:49 PM
    I haven't, I guess I'll try that now but how does that affect the charging?

Anyway, I just got back from AT&T and did not get the phone replaced because they "fixed" it. They wipe down the charging port with alcohol and dried it with an dusting spray which actually did the trick. The charger they used worked!

When I got back home, it still didn't work with 2 different chargers. Finally, I tried a 3rd charger (a samsung charger from a friend) and it started charging but after 20 minutes, it stopped charging! Which is where I am at the moment. I will have to go back to the at&t center =/
    Take your chargers with you. If your plug was dirty, the ones on your chargers may be as well, or at least it will prove your phone won't charge properly. If your phone charged with their charger though, I am sure the phone is now fine.
    06-01-15 02:52 PM
    ^^^it did'nt charge with their charger at first either. They tried twice and would get no charge. That's when they rubbed it down with alcohol and it started to work.

I was able to get a charge with a samsung charger at home as well but for some reason it stopped charging atter 15-20 minutes. Not sure how I would explain that
    06-01-15 03:25 PM
    ^^^it did'nt charge with their charger at first either. They tried twice and would get no charge. That's when they rubbed it down with alcohol and it started to work.

I was able to get a charge with a samsung charger at home as well but for some reason it stopped charging atter 15-20 minutes. Not sure how I would explain that
    And you haven't tried what I said? Lmao
    06-01-15 03:34 PM
    Try what Max suggested. Seems to fix some of the strange issues that pop up.

What the what?
    06-01-15 03:46 PM
    maaaan, strangely the charger is now working again randomly.

I had the phone shut off ever since before when I tried with no success. I decided to just plug it in to see what happens, and it's charging now.....it seems almost random at this point.
    06-01-15 04:00 PM
    Almost sounds like the charging post has a loose connection or a short. Was it dropped or otherwise treated unusually?

Posted via CB10
    kellyweng88 likes this.
    06-01-15 04:05 PM
    Do you have different charger to try?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 04:11 PM
    hmm..the phone hasn't been dropped or treated unsually, not to my knowledge at least.

what does it mean that the charging port has a short? Meaning water has made contact with it?

At this point I'd rather have it replaced with another passport. don't want to be stuck having to pray each night for a charge

As of now, my passport is still charging though so that is a good sign.
    06-01-15 04:34 PM
    As a quick update, the charging has been completely inconsistent. The charging port fails more often than it succeeds.

My problem now is replicating this inconsistency at the store so that they feel a replacement is needed.
    kw9700 likes this.
    06-02-15 08:41 AM
    Could try a wireless charger to see if it consistently charges that way.

I'm a big dude living in a big world. I need a big phone! Posted via my amazingly correctly sized Passport!
    06-02-15 09:36 AM
    I think that a replacement would be the best thing, it seems like a hardware problem, and who wants a phone that has this random behavior
    06-02-15 09:42 AM
    Could try a wireless charger to see if it consistently charges that way.

I'm a big dude living in a big world. I need a big phone! Posted via my amazingly correctly sized Passport!
    there is a wireless charger for the blackberry passport?
    06-02-15 09:57 AM
    I just looked into this....is the at&t blackberry passport enabled with Qi technology?

If so, I'm sure it should still work to charge my passport if the charging port is wacky. The battery still seems to be able to charge it's just that it doesnt always detect the charger in the usb port
    06-02-15 10:00 AM
    I just looked into this....is the at&t blackberry passport enabled with Qi technology?

If so, I'm sure it should still work to charge my passport if the charging port is wacky. The battery still seems to be able to charge it's just that it doesnt always detect the charger in the usb port
    You are correct, the AT&T variant of passport has wireless charging.
    06-02-15 10:03 AM
    for whatever reason, I've been able to charge my phone completely to 100% today

Hoping that this remains this way, but I have a feeling once I try again later I won't be so lucky...
    06-02-15 01:37 PM
    For the love of god, call your technical support line and troubleshoot the problem with them. You're only getting yourself more and more frustrated for nothing
    06-02-15 03:35 PM
    You really think technical support is worth anything? I dont think they are

In the process of getting a replacement
    06-02-15 06:11 PM
    You really think technical support is worth anything? I dont think they are

In the process of getting a replacement
    The tech support is NOT customer service. They are actually professionals and if they can't fix your problem they will contact BlackBerry directly for you.

Instead of wasting your time you could have done that and most likely just reloaded your OS and solved your problem in about one hour.

Why ask for help if you won't listen jesus
    06-07-15 09:05 AM
    The tech support is NOT customer service. They are actually professionals and if they can't fix your problem they will contact BlackBerry directly for you.

Instead of wasting your time you could have done that and most likely just reloaded your OS and solved your problem in about one hour.

Why ask for help if you won't listen jesus
    because several posts up, you may have noticed that I just decided to go with replacing it under warranty and was no longer looking for a "solve" as THERE ISNT ONE

this is NOT an OS problem. Reloading my OS is something I coulda done myself. You really think I needed TECH SUPPORT to show/tell me to reload the OS myself? That conversation would've been completely useless. so chill out
    06-08-15 09:14 AM
    How can i email to ATT to get warranty for my passport, Pls!
    09-28-15 03:10 AM
26 12