Anyone know is there any unlocked AT&T passport on market for sale?

As far as my concern, the AT&T special features prevent the AT&T passport from getting unlocked.

Moreover, I wonder any chance BB will release rounded corners passport in Black (not SE) in near future. I love using BB10 and its very sad i dont like their designs in recent years and Chen is discontinuing BB10 on future phones.

thanks in advance!

Ron
    05-03-16 03:04 PM
    There are unlocked AT&T Passport out there. No special feature, phone needs to be bought out right and not on contract. As far as more BB devices coming out...Not likely. BB10 is done.
    05-03-16 07:32 PM
    I bought the SE factory unlocked and had ATT guy cut my 9900 Sim card to nano, thereby replacing my beloved Bold which won't work as of this November when ATT drops the 2G network...
    I'm extremely happy with the SE.
    Still learning how to ride this Thoroughbred.

Re BlackBerry 10 - these devices are built to last. I will stay with the Passport for a long long time.

No sense sweating the small stuff... it's all small stuff in the long run.

Posted via CB10
    sesp9 likes this.
    05-04-16 08:14 AM
    thanks for you guy's replies. I was tempting to get SE as well but gf saying no no. I guess i have to travel to the US in future to get the unlocked AT&T passport. I m still fine with my Z30 but has been looking at passport and user reviews more than years. Hopefully one day i can get a ride on the beast!
    Last edited by rt2567; 05-04-16 at 04:44 PM.
    05-04-16 04:15 PM
    I bought the SE factory unlocked and had ATT guy cut my 9900 Sim card to nano, thereby replacing my beloved Bold which won't work as of this November when ATT drops the 2G network...
    I'm extremely happy with the SE.
    Still learning how to ride this Thoroughbred.

Re BlackBerry 10 - these devices are built to last. I will stay with the Passport for a long long time.

No sense sweating the small stuff... it's all small stuff in the long run.

Posted via CB10
    Why would you let the guy cut a SIM to fit when you could have had him get you the right size SIM for free.....
    raino likes this.
    05-04-16 05:41 PM
    @rsebud68

Because they were out of Nano Sims and I didn't want to wait plus wanted to keep that mobile number active.

I can get an adapter for the 9900 but its most likely use will be as foreign travel phone with local sim card unless foreign providers also drop 2G 3G netowrks - although doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 05:59 PM
    @rsebud68

Because they were out of Nano Sims and I didn't want to wait plus wanted to keep that mobile number active.

I can get an adapter for the 9900 but its most likely use will be as foreign travel phone with local sim card unless foreign providers also drop 2G 3G netowrks - although doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    AT&T out of Nano SIM card? The same SIM that's goes in the iPhone 6.... Really?
    05-04-16 08:25 PM
    Really.
    That's what the guy said: they ran out of nanos. Small rural town - it's possible.

And we're off topic - the OP wants to buy an unlocked ATT Passport. I don't know why rt2567 has a thing against the SE - it has rounded corners and it comes unlocked. But to each his - or her - own.
    05-04-16 08:48 PM
    Really.
    That's what the guy said: they ran out of nanos. Small rural town - it's possible.

And we're off topic - the OP wants to buy an unlocked ATT Passport. I don't know why rt2567 has a thing against the SE - it has rounded corners and it comes unlocked. But to each his - or her - own.
    Maybe the OP wants the wireless charging feature that is only for the At&t passport....

Posted via CB10
    rt2567 likes this.
    05-04-16 08:59 PM
    Maybe - but just more buzzers and bells...
    Oh look bright shiny thing!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 09:07 PM
    I don't blame him for wanting the att passport. I found one unlocked here on cb and got it shipped from Florida to Vancouver, Canada. Best phone I've ever used by a mile. I had my eye on a passport for a long time but fell in love with the rounded corner version and knew I wouldn't be satisfied without one. Just freakin love this device every day.

Posted via CB10
    rt2567 likes this.
    05-04-16 09:55 PM
    Really.

Agree,,,Maybe Ops is getting a good deal on an AT&T Passport.
    05-04-16 10:18 PM
    thanks for you guy's replies. I was tempting to get SE as well but gf saying no no. I guess i have to travel to the US in future to get the unlocked AT&T passport. I m still fine with my Z30 but has been looking at passport and user reviews more than years. Hopefully one day i can get a ride on the beast!
    Just remember that yes, the SE is a gorgeous phone but spare parts are not going to be easy. Also, I had two of them and they developed little cracks around the keyboard plastic frame. I never had this issue with the "normal" Passports. I ended up back to a white BlackBerry Passport. Never had issues with them. The keyboard on my white Passport is a bit harder to press compared to all my previous Passports and even other blackberries..but in the end you get used to it.....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-04-16 10:47 PM
    I'll cross the 'hardware' breakdown(s) when/if it comes to that. I can live with the black, the white, the red one (which I craved initially), but then I got a brand new SE (on sale from BB!) about a month or so ago -- be still my heart...

In another year, the prices will drop on all the BB10 devices - PP, SE, Classic. There will be great buys on ebay. Plus, I can get the ATT PP from ATT - no biggie to sign up for 2 years. It's all good. I'm a new-berry, but I'm an enthusiastic member of the Crackberry choir.

Re phones breaking - my first 4s was a lemon - Dec 2012. On/off power switch failed in less than 5 months. Within a year, the battery went. I had the 2-year program, went to genius bar (totally misnamed) and got a new one. I'll ride that bad baby into the ground and it won't owe me anything at all. Then I'll decide what to do about Sprint - iPhones tend to be crap for call quality and I gotta have a phone-phone for interviews - nothing more aggravating than transcribing from lousy audio...

BUT I digress. The build quality will get better - I'm an optimist by nature - and I still have my 9900 for foreign sim cards just in case... No worries re PP SE - I love Thoroughbred horses too - they're powerful magnificent creatures, but they last longer if you're careful about how hard you run them...

Same goes for the Passport... peace of cake, boys, really! I just love Blackberrys - smartest thing I did was buy unlocked 9900 on ebay in autumn 2014. Bought a Q10 (sprint branded) early last winter, but Sprint doesn't support them and I have no clue if it's worth finding a Sprint sim card for it. I think I prefer to have the Classic on ATT...

Just waiting and hoping that Hi Ho Silver passes the test: five miles of lots of trees in full summer foliage and hills between me and the nearest ATT tower! If I can continue to rely on phone service with the SE, my future, phone-wise, is very Blackberry!
    rt2567 likes this.
    05-04-16 11:16 PM
    Went from OR to ATT. It's growing on me although feels bulkier.

Keyboard feels too firm like the OR.

The convenient charging is awesome of course.

Speaking of replacement parts, would love to be able to buy a screen for the OR Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 12:28 AM
    For spare parts check out ebay - nothing ventured nothing gained - just look for poz feedback!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 01:29 PM
    I don't know why rt2567 has a thing against the SE - it has rounded corners and it comes unlocked. But to each his - or her - own.
    In short : Silver is too bling, and the front part near the front camera looks like another weakness point just like my old xperia arc s.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 02:22 PM
    Fair enough - time will tell how mine holds up! I'm betting on this horse to go the distance - minimum of 3 years...

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 03:44 PM
    my beloved Bold which won't work as of this November when ATT drops the 2G network...
    You don't get 3G out where you are? 3G is going to be around a while.
    05-05-16 03:58 PM
    @Raino
    Allegedly - I dunno. I thought they were dropping both. Could probably dig for the info but not a biggie. I was going to semi-retire dear Bold when I got Silver...
    No harm done - the SE is a sweet beast and I have the 9900 as backup.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 05:07 PM
    @Raino
    While scrolling BlackBerry news over coffee, I found the announcement re ATT ending 2G network at the end of 2016. You're right - they will continue to support 3G - but I have been determined to work wide with the PP and thus that text a month or so ago provided impetus - booted along by the sale on BlackBerry where the SE was priced a little more than a brand new unlocked OG.
    ::beams happily::

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 08:21 AM
    My Passport is the locked AT&T version obtained through AT&T. I'm not worried about updates though. I can always manually update using Sachesi which I've already done since getting my phone.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    05-06-16 10:03 AM