On my Passport SE (running 10.3.2.2836) I see the wifi-calling icon in the top right corner, it's grey and sometimes it has a little red exclamation mark next to it and other times it doesn't. What does this mean?

I can find any settings for the feature on the handset so I don't know if it actuality works or not. Every once in a while I will get a Hub notification about wifi-calling telling me to turn on wifi in settings to use it, but I still see no settings for it.

Is the feature still available? If not is there a way to successfully get it back by sideloading something?

If it's not available then how do I make the icon disappear?

Many thanks!
    07-17-16 07:52 AM
    On my Passport SE (running 10.3.2.2836) I see the wifi-calling icon in the top right corner, it's grey and sometimes it has a little red exclamation mark next to it and other times it doesn't. What does this mean?
    It means that WiFi calling (WFC) is available by virtue of you being a TMO customer, but not on (greyed out) or the phone can't get it up and running (red exclamation mark.)

I can find any settings for the feature on the handset so I don't know if it actuality works or not. Every once in a while I will get a Hub notification about wifi-calling telling me to turn on wifi in settings to use it, but I still see no settings for it.
    Do you have this "app" installed on your phone: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=US&lang=en

This "app" is the light switch, if you will, to WFC. It comes pre-installed on phones TMO sold (Z10, Q10, Classic) but for phones they didn't sell--like the Passport SE--you have to manually download it to control WFC.

Is the feature still available? If not is there a way to successfully get it back by sideloading something?

If it's not available then how do I make the icon disappear?
    Yes, it's absolutely available. You just need to have a whitelisted OS installed. Off the top of my head, I don't recall if 10.3.2.2836 is such an OS, but if you're seeing the grey and red exclamation+grey icons, I would think it is a whitelisted one.

To make the WFC icon totally disappear, open the WFC "app" and turn off WFC. To get rid of just the red exclamation icon, pick from one of the three choices you're presented with.
    07-17-16 01:03 PM
    OP, you need to install the radio file from 10.3.2.2813. Sideload it with Sachesi.

https://mega.nz/#!JQBFjADC!8qX3Uh9ox...D6L0_-1SCGN3Uo
    raino likes this.
    07-17-16 01:33 PM
    Or scan list barcode with your device in BlackBerry World.

That will get you the app to turn it the WFC on/off; I sometimes had a difficult time getting the app to be found in search results via BBW until using this shortcut.

Enjoy your device!
    Attachment 404215
    Last edited by KeySafeLock; 07-17-16 at 05:09 PM.
    07-17-16 04:06 PM
    I can't install the radio file from Sachesi:

[18:46:10] Radio 10.3.2.2814 skipped. Newer version is installed(10.3.2.2877)
    [18:46:10] None of the selected files were installable. Skipped 1.
    07-21-16 06:46 PM
    I think I got it to work, but is it weird that the version I was installing was older than the one that was pre-existing?
    07-21-16 06:54 PM
    it weird that the version I was installing was older than the one that was pre-existing?
    Not necessarily. You may have updated to an OS newer than what's greenlighted for WFC.
    07-21-16 07:19 PM
    I can't install the radio file from Sachesi:

[18:46:10] Radio 10.3.2.2814 skipped. Newer version is installed(10.3.2.2877)
    [18:46:10] None of the selected files were installable. Skipped 1.
    Deselect "only install newer apps" (or something like that).
    07-21-16 07:23 PM
    It was working for a bit, but now it seems to have turned off again... I don't actually see a setting to turn it on or off... Does one exist?
    07-21-16 07:38 PM
    It was working for a bit, but now it seems to have turned off again... I don't actually see a setting to turn it on or off... Does one exist?
    I'm not on TMO, so I'm not sure if there is a toggle. Maybe try a reboot.
    Last edited by conite; 07-21-16 at 08:02 PM.
    07-21-16 07:42 PM
    I don't actually see a setting to turn it on or off... Does one exist?
    Yes. Download the "app" I linked to in post#2.
    07-21-16 07:47 PM
    Yes. Download the "app" I linked to in post#2.
    It won't let me download it because it's not allowed on the Passport...
    07-21-16 08:51 PM
    It won't let me download it because it's not allowed on the Passport...
    Side load this: http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar
    07-21-16 09:26 PM
    Hey Raino, would you happen to have a APK link instead of the .BAR file

Posted Via CB10 on my Passport SE
    07-21-16 09:36 PM
    It worked! Thanks!
    raino likes this.
    07-21-16 09:44 PM
    Hey Raino, would you happen to have a APK link instead of the .BAR file
    I don't think an .apk exists. This is something that controls an OS feature so it has to be .bar

It's pretty easy to side load using Sachesi--as easy as drag and drop the .bar into the Install tab. Check this out: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/
    07-21-16 09:45 PM
    Thank you. I will wait until I get home.

07-21-16 09:55 PM
    I don't think an .apk exists. This is something that controls an OS feature so it has to be .bar

It's pretty easy to side load using Sachesi--as easy as drag and drop the .bar into the Install tab. Check this out: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/
    It worked and made the wfc icon disappear. Thank you Raino.

raino likes this.
    07-22-16 12:19 AM
    It worked and made the wfc icon disappear. Thank you Raino.
    No problem. Glad I could help.
    07-22-16 12:48 AM
    WFC has always worked on my passport, but I get duplicate texts when it's on and a have a strong t-mo signal. Is that a glitch or setting

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 08:23 AM
    So this file has to be sideloaded from my computer to get it to install? Sorry if it's a silly question
    08-17-16 02:16 AM
    So this file has to be sideloaded from my computer to get it to install?
    Correct. You download the file to your computer and then can use Sachesi to sideload it onto your phone.
    08-17-16 12:01 PM
    Correct. You download the file to your computer and then can use Sachesi to sideload it onto your phone.
    Hey Raino, I want to start by saying that you have been a great help to this entire community. I'm a long time lurker and usually when I go diving into the forums to fix an issue, I end up at a post that you make very clear and concise on how to fix it. So thanks! Anyways, I just bought a ShopBB Passport SE (love it) and updated it to the Official OTA 10.3.2.2876. When I turned on WiFi, it automatically had the greyed out wifi calling symbol up at the top with no way to access it. I tried following your link to download "T-mobile Wifi Calling App" but it says not available for this device. I know you are saying that all we need to do is roll back the radio file to .2813 using Sachesi to sideload it, or to use Sachesi to sideload the app into the phone. But here's my issue, how do you ONLY sideload a radio file? I've used an autoloader for my old Z10, but that was for the entire OS and everything. Also, if it shows it greyed out, do I JUST need to sideload the WFC app itself and thats it? And not worry about the radio file? I'm sorry you're always having to hand hold us Newbs! But I greatly appreciate any help and DL links! Thanks so much Raino! You da man!!!
    10-12-16 10:23 PM
    Hi all:

I have a passport, and want to get wifi calling working as well. I do have the same question about how to sideload the radio file only?
    In addition, does anyone still have the radio file from 10.3.2.2813? The link that conite posted is expired.

Thank you.
    10-13-16 07:17 AM
    Go to this post:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...links-1051879/

and click on the "PASSPORT" link under "RADIO URL". That get you radio file you need and then load it with Sachesi.

Good luck!
    wiseguywood likes this.
    10-13-16 07:37 PM
32 12