HI, fellow BerryHolics. I just wanted to start this thread because I haven't seen one that really tackles all of the possible features associated with T-Mobile service. As a lot of you know, T-Mobile, with its $80 plan, allows people unlimited TTW and 5 GB's of Mobile Hotspot Tethering. They also support WiFi Calling and, on Android, allow push notifications for usage. I understand that WiFi Calling has been proven by a few not to work, but my real interest is the Hotspot. For the most part, using root access, any Hotspot enabled Android device can be used on their network by disabling the authentication. Therefore, regardless of carrier branding, I've been able to use my 5 GB's without issue. However, I haven't heard anyone say anything about tethering with T-Mobile on the unlocked PassPort. Anyone who has tried this, and maybe gotten the other aforementioned services working, please drop a line in this thread. This way, anyone who has the same questions as me can understand the PassPort-TMobile situation to its fullest extent and make an informed decision when buying. Given the Legere-Chen battle, I figure we'll need to stock-pile as much information on our own, because the two companies won't be much help.
    09-30-14 01:02 AM
    Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for - I have an unlocked Passport from the BB store, and I'm on T-Mobile and hotspot works just fine on it. Wi-Fi calling does not.
    09-30-14 01:06 AM
    Not to get too far into your personal business, but is the data showing up in your Hotspot allotment or is it just being added to your normal internet. For instance, due to a happy accident while fiddling around in my Android phone, any data I use through hotspot only shows up in my normal data allotment. According to T-Mobile, it's not drawing from my Hotspot allotment.
    09-30-14 01:15 AM
    Really need that WiFi calling though... will help so much on places without signal...

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    10-01-14 06:11 AM
    Bump

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-10-14 08:26 PM
    Not to get too far into your personal business, but is the data showing up in your Hotspot allotment or is it just being added to your normal internet. For instance, due to a happy accident while fiddling around in my Android phone, any data I use through hotspot only shows up in my normal data allotment. According to T-Mobile, it's not drawing from my Hotspot allotment.
    It is part of your normal Internet service. If you have 5 GB per month and you use 3 GB through hot spot, then you have 2GB left for the month. What does not count towards your Internet is music streaming.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 09:24 PM
    It is part of your normal Internet service. If you have 5 GB per month and you use 3 GB through hot spot, then you have 2GB left for the month. What does not count towards your Internet is music streaming.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Good to know so I don't blow my entire allotment in the first day lol. Have you been getting consistent LTE coverage? There's a thread where one guy was only getting 4G rather than LTE.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-10-14 09:35 PM