I got a Passport yesterday and popped in a working T-Mobile SIM. It wouldn't find any networks. So I updated the OS and rebooted. No dice. Removed and reinserted the SIM and it finally connected. This morning I woke up and had LTE with thee BB symbol, but no data would transfer. Disabled cell services (which took over a minute) and re-enabled it to find that it couldn't find any networks at all. I rebooted and it worked again.

Is this a fluke or a real issue?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 09:59 AM
    Call Tmobile

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 10:10 AM
    Do you have good signal where you are? Also, do you have a second tmobile sim you can try in your passport to rule out sim card issue?

Also which phone did you have previously? What kind of data plan?
    Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 10:11 AM
    I'm on a Test Drive, so only one SIM. Works fine in the iPhone test phone and my wife's Droid Turbo. I get 4-5 bars LTE in the house. No other networks here besides 2G. I may call T-Mobile if it happens again.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 10:35 AM
    I got a Passport yesterday and popped in a working T-Mobile SIM. It wouldn't find any networks. So I updated the OS and rebooted. No dice. Removed and reinserted the SIM and it finally connected. This morning I woke up and had LTE with thee BB symbol, but no data would transfer. Disabled cell services (which took over a minute) and re-enabled it to find that it couldn't find any networks at all. I rebooted and it worked again.

Is this a fluke or a real issue?

Posted via CB10
    Is the blackberry unlocked?
    03-08-15 01:09 PM
    Yep. Purchased from Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 01:11 PM
    I am from Canada , and on vacation in Florida .
    I have an unlocked Z30 bought from shopblackberry. So I got my US plan from Bell and when I crossed the border AT&T connected to my phone and then later on as I drove T Mobile signal was on phone. But I noticed when I would check any Facebook or Instagram it wouldn't load any pictures. The words were all there, but wouldn't load pictures or the browser wouldn't load as well. So I went and searched manually and hooked up to AT&T and left it on them and haven't had a problem since.
    I did when I got down here went back to automatic signal and T-Mobile picked up the signal and once again the problem arose as before. So I went back on manually hooked up to AT&T.
    03-08-15 01:24 PM
    I purchased an unlocked Passport from ShopBlackberry, and went to my local T-Mobile store to get a new nano SIM. it has worked perfectly.
    03-08-15 08:58 PM
    Was it by any chance a verizon phone?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 09:30 PM
    I have a Passport purchased from Bell Mobility in Canada. I unlocked the phone and put in a new TMOBILE 'pay as you go' sim (when I am in the USA) It works very well. I did the same thing with my Z10 previously. No problems there either

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 09:49 PM
    If he is on a Test Drive, they may have locked his sim to his other phone's IMEI number.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 07:58 AM
    I went to my local store with an unlocked passport... they ported my number from verizon and I was good to go in ten minutes. I get a much better signal indoors vs verizon... very happy with t mobile so far.

At my gym I would have to go near the door to get 4g but with t mobile I never lose it inside.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:23 AM
    I went to my local store with an unlocked passport... they ported my number from verizon and I was good to go in ten minutes. I get a much better signal indoors vs verizon... very happy with t mobile so far.

At my gym I would have to go near the door to get 4g but with t mobile I never lose it inside.

Posted via CB10
    We recently switched from Verizon to T-Mobile (even gave up grandfathered unlimited data) and have been overwhelmingly happy with the switch. We are currently paying $80 for two lines with unlimited everything which cost us almost $200 a month on Verizon. Service has been pretty good (we live in the suburbs of a major city) and have experienced some difficulty with service in very rural areas, but it really hasn't changed our opinion of the quality of the service. Data speeds are much better too!
    03-10-15 12:33 PM
    We've seen many unlocked passports from Canadian networks Rogers, Telus, Bell and from AT&T running perfectly fine on T-Mobile,

try calling T-mobile maybe there is an issue on T-Mo's side
    03-11-15 05:33 AM
    We've seen many unlocked passports from Canadian networks Rogers, Telus, Bell and from AT&T running perfectly fine on T-Mobile,

try calling T-mobile maybe there is an issue on T-Mo's side
    I suspect it may have been on their end. I haven't had any problems since.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 08:59 AM