Hi, I just got my Passport today, sweet phone! But I haven't picked up my Nano sim yet to fully do the switch. I have a question though about my BlackBerry id. I haven't set it up yet on the passport as I don't know what will happen with my BBM contacts. Will it automatically save my BBM contacts and let them know of my new pin??
    02-17-15 06:29 PM
    I think your pin is yours for life,lol
    02-17-15 06:39 PM
    when you pick up your new sim watch out because as soon as you put it in ,it will load up and you will be charged for data on your way home,wait and connect usb cable at home wifi. I got Fuc++ and had to pay $10 for an extra GO because I had no idea it was loading and I went over my limit
    02-17-15 06:49 PM
    Hi! Congrats on your new Passport!

When you do the device switch, using either the BlackBerry Link or the Device Switch app from BlackBerry world, your BBM contacts will also be transferred. The Passport will just prompt you to enter your BlackBerry ID, since having the Passport will give you a new device PIN. Your contacts won't need to be notified of your device/PIN change. That is why, you won't be able to use the BBM app in your Z10 anymore.

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    02-17-15 06:53 PM
    Hi! Congrats on your new Passport!

When you do the device switch, using either the BlackBerry Link or the Device Switch app from BlackBerry world, your BBM contacts will also be transferred. The Passport will just prompt you to enter your BlackBerry ID, since having the Passport will give you a new device PIN. Your contacts won't need to be notified of your device/PIN change. That is why, you won't be able to use the BBM app in your Z10 anymore.

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    What he said. Existing contacts transfer and wouldn't notice that you have a new pin. Going forward you will need to forget that old pin.

Posted via Passport!
    02-17-15 07:01 PM
    Thanks for your help!

One more question about my media card. Can I just pop it out of the Z10 and into my Passport? Does it need to be formatted? I haven't tried it out yet, just don't want to screw anything up!!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 11:43 AM
    I get my Passport today. I believe if the SD card is 32gb or less you are OK. Hit up the forums as I have seen a process for 64 gb cards and higher.

Z30-simply the best touch BlackBerry
    02-18-15 12:34 PM
    The way I do device switches is as follows (typically restores BBM chats as well!), just need to make sure the new device has the same or newer OS:

1. Power up new device without sim.
    2. Go through the initial setup on the new device but do NOT sign-in to BBID at this point, just skip that for now; I'd connect to WiFi.
    3. Let the new device settle, give it 5min
    4. Reboot the new device (just in case) and let it settle for another 5min, until after hub is operational.
    5. Do BBID sign-in, can do it via the notification in the hub or via settings
    6. Plug in the new device on a PC with BB Link, hit the 'switch device' button.
    7. Plug in the old device when prompted, backup everything
    8. When prompted to plug in the new device, power off the old device take out sim and memory card
    9. Insert sim into new device, put in the memory card as well
    10. Plug in the new device and finalize the switch; after reboot make sure you open BBM (chat history should be there as well)
    02-18-15 12:47 PM
    Thanks for your help!

One more question about my media card. Can I just pop it out of the Z10 and into my Passport? Does it need to be formatted? I haven't tried it out yet, just don't want to screw anything up!!

Posted via CB10
    You need to decrypt it first if it is encrypted. Otherwise it can be swapped without issue.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    02-18-15 01:26 PM
    Yeah i made that mistake with media card (encrypted)..luckily I had everything i needed backed up.

Passport on ATT
    02-18-15 01:59 PM
    Thanks for all the help! Loving the thing!!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 07:49 PM
    02-24-15 04:25 PM