I switched over a week ago and I am generally in love with the Passport but two things are making me second guess my decision.

1.) The calendar bug. I am syncing against Google calendar and all my entries are on the wrong time like they are on another time zone. Googling this issue I found forum entries from 2013 that explain the same issue on the Z30. How can BlackBerry 10 that is made for Business Users still contain a bug that is so huge? Why are people not upset about this?

2.) If the rumors are true and Lenovo buys BlackBerry then there would be no further development of BlackBerry 10 making my decision to switch a bad one.

Am I wrong on this?

Posted via CB10
    mikeycollins13 likes this.
    10-21-14 05:58 PM
    I switched over a week ago and I am generally in love with the Passport but two things are making me second guess my decision.

1.) The calendar bug. I am syncing against Google calendar and all my entries are on the wrong time like they are on another time zone. Googling this issue I found forum entries from 2013 that explain the same issue on the Z30. How can BlackBerry 10 that is made for Business Users still contain a bug that is so huge? Why are people not upset about this?

2.) If the rumors are true and Lenovo buys BlackBerry then there would be no further development of BlackBerry 10 making my decision to switch a bad one.

Am I wrong on this?

Posted via CB10
    Hmm I don't have that problem with calenders, have you verified that your timezones are correct on Google and your device?

And as for your second point we don't even know if that rumor is true, and even if it was there are roadblocks to reach that deal (Canadian government for example). Even if lenovo acquired blackberry that doesn't mean development would stop, could be a possibility but not 100%.

Posted on my snappy new passport!!
    10-21-14 06:04 PM
    Change your time zone to a wrong one and then change it back.

Fixed it for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 06:06 PM

Am I wrong on this?

Posted via CB10
    The calendar bug is a pain. It appears to have come along in OS 10.3, as it never appeared in earlier releases, and it will hopefully be fixed quickly.
    It can be solved, though. Go to: Settings > Date and Time, and change your time zone; then, change it back.
    This fixes the issue (although, I agree, it should have been weeded out prior to the 10.3 release; I would imagine 10.3.1 will fix it, as 10.3.0 was rushed to market for the Passport launch-- issues in launch OS's are common, and iOS 8 had issues, too).

The Lenovo rumors are just that... rumors. They could turn out to be true, but honestly, I don't think that they will. John Chen has said previously that he isn't looking to sell the company. We'll see how it goes. When the company was temporarily up for sale last year, Lenovo's offer was blocked for security reasons; so, even if the rumors are true, and Lenovo made a bid AND BlackBerry accepted, that still doesn't mean it will go through.

I wouldn't worry too much about your second point. The first one is a legitimate complaint, but at least for me, it isn't a deal breaker for an entire OS/Platform/Phone, especially considering it's easy to fix, only present on the first iteration of 10.3.0--an iteration that was rushed out-- and that a major branch of the OS, 10.3.1 is set to release in less than a month. Realistically, 10.3.1 is the OS you want to be waiting for. Most BlackBerry devices aren't even getting 10.3.0-- it's kind of like an intermediate step, not unlike how iOS 8 was quickly replaced by 8.1

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 06:07 PM

Am I wrong on this?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think we can really think about Lenovo until it gets past rumor stage.
    10-21-14 06:11 PM

Am I wrong on this?

Posted via CB10
    1. I have been using Gmail for business on my Z10, Z30. I have user with Q10 and no issues with time zones. Calendar works perfect. Did you check your time zone for both your device and gmail? They need to be the same.

2. Lenovo will not be buying Blackberry.
    Zeratul57 and tanzarian like this.
    10-21-14 06:16 PM
    Just checked with 10.3.1 using my google calendar and zero time issues.
    10-21-14 06:22 PM
    I just bought the IPhone 6 Plus... It is quite a nice phone.. I won't go into a review, but lets just say it is a great phone. I have had almost every Blackberry made in the last 10 years and have been trying to find a Blackberry to go back to. My entire work and home life is Apple... Ipads, MacBook AIrs, Iphones, Imacs..... everything and having the iPhone just fits into my life very nicely...

But I am absolutely INFATUATED with the Passport.... I have read every review and I think it is amazing. I now have spent $800 on a IPhone 6 plus less than 2 weeks ago... and I am already looking to dump it for the Passport....I ordered the Passport from Amazon for $599 and it is back ordered and I will just have to wait my turn...I already have a guy at work who is willing to pay me the $800 I spent on the phone so financially I am covered.... Should I make the leap???? The IPhone does everything I need, but the Passport looks incredible..... I never thought about a possible Lenovo buyout?? I don't think that should play a role in my decision right now... I am so torn!!! I would hate to give up the IPhone and be disappointed in the Passport..... ahhhh..... such problems!!!!!
    10-21-14 06:22 PM
    I just bought the IPhone 6 Plus... It is quite a nice phone.. I won't go into a review, but lets just say it is a great phone. I have had almost every Blackberry made in the last 10 years and have been trying to find a Blackberry to go back to. My entire work and home life is Apple... Ipads, MacBook AIrs, Iphones, Imacs..... everything and having the iPhone just fits into my life very nicely...

But I am absolutely INFATUATED with the Passport.... I have read every review and I think it is amazing. I now have spent $800 on a IPhone 6 plus less than 2 weeks ago... and I am already looking to dump it for the Passport....I ordered the Passport from Amazon for $599 and it is back ordered and I will just have to wait my turn...I already have a guy at work who is willing to pay me the $800 I spent on the phone so financially I am covered.... Should I make the leap???? The IPhone does everything I need, but the Passport looks incredible..... I never thought about a possible Lenovo buyout?? I don't think that should play a role in my decision right now... I am so torn!!! I would hate to give up the IPhone and be disappointed in the Passport..... ahhhh..... such problems!!!!!
    This is crackberry of course switch. Post this on imore and the answer will be no. Make your own choice.

I love my passport

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 06:26 PM
    I don't think Lenovo will be buying BlackBerry. The Canadian Government already stopped it once. They would stop it again.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    10-21-14 06:28 PM

Go with what works. You are heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem and iPhone fits into that. Can you live with your phone NOT fitting into that ecosystem? No iMessage for example? No Facetime? Cross platform BBM does not include video chat yet. No iTunes? (Although no iTunes, to me, is a benefit)
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    10-21-14 06:38 PM

Am I wrong on this?

Posted via CB10
    Please give it time and no Lenovo isn't buying BlackBerry... don't believe everything that's reported.

Posted via CB10
    bigbadben10 and Mic_JP like this.
    10-21-14 06:40 PM

If you have an iPad and a Passport you would have the best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 06:42 PM
    I have apple computers and a BlackBerry phone and iTunes is not at all a problem. You can still purchase songs and content from iTunes and sync it to you BlackBerry device.

And with ecosystems I think it's overstated. Any great app that could have been made has already been made and are available to all platforms. Your BlackBerry device is already compatible with your iDevices.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 06:47 PM
    Why do people have problems with Gmail calender sync? I use MS active sync and the gmail calender blends right in. JUST WORKS. On Z10 and Z30. What the hell is the problem? No problem ever noticed here!

When setting up the Z30 all I did was set up my gmail email. it grabbed the calender too then I deleted the gmail email and kept the Cal. Perfect Gmail Cal sync.
    10-21-14 06:57 PM
    1. No issue here with my Google calendar synching. All good. Have used bb10 for nearly 2 years and not a problem. Check you device time zone. As well as time zone online with Google.
    2. Doubt this will ever happen.

Posted via the Blackberry Passport
    10-21-14 07:12 PM
    I don't think we can really think about Lenovo until it gets past rumor stage.
    And even then, the fate of BB10 would not be clear. Why buy BBRY and get rid of one of its biggest assets?
    10-21-14 07:18 PM
    No way at all blackberry will be bought by lenovo....considering it was blocked by the Canadian government once do you think they would allow a Chinese company security access to some of the most classified intelligence in the world from multiple countries......not a chance

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 07:21 PM
    Regarding lenovo, I wouldn't be too worried about any changes should they acquire BlackBerry. If anything, they will only buy BlackBerry if they think they can continue to improve the platform.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-21-14 07:23 PM
    Please give it time and no Lenovo isn't buying BlackBerry... don't believe everything that's reported.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, just like Dave said. Don't believe everything reported, if that,was the case BlackBerry would have been dead and closed two years ago according to the media!!!! Lol
    10-21-14 07:35 PM
    i dont have a problem either. load a new operating system on it. 10.3.1.632
    10-21-14 07:38 PM
    I'm a both-and user -- my iPhone 6 is my personal phone and my Passport is my work phone.

Keeping them separate is key - I can give the work number to all clients and turn the phone off at will.

I wouldn't worry about Lenovo -- no way Ottawa allows that sale. And the OS is great in how it can be loaded and re-loaded with the earlier versions -- wish I could do that with some earlier Apple devices!

Re Apple lock in -- all the music moves over easily. Enjoy your Passport, and keep the old iPhone as an iPod Touch!

Posted with my Passport via CB10!
    10-21-14 07:38 PM
    No iTunes? (Although no iTunes, to me, is a benefit)
    Good desktop software > iTunes >>>>> Link
    10-21-14 07:49 PM
    I've never had a Calendar issue until I loaded the latest 10.3 release. Now I experience the same time zone offset on both my Z30 and Passport. Of course the time zone change fix "works.". But you have to do it whenever you restart the device (I already missed one appointment because I forgot to do it).

I've been tempted to sideload the calendar bar from the previous 10.3 that I was running on the Z30 for weeks without any issues.

Hang in there OP, I'm sure they'll get it fixed sooner rather than later!

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 09:02 PM
    I have both at the moment. Only $15 per month to add a phone line to my att family plan. I have had the passport since Friday. Still trying to figure out how to hold the passport while typing. I havent drunk the Kool aid yet but I can see the glass....

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-21-14 09:37 PM
71 123