Ok so i have probleme with my Passport with stock os i must swipe 3 or 4 times before the screen will react at my gesture, anyone have the same probleme?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 02:00 AM
    I have noticed the same thing. The Passport sometimes takes several seconds to wake up after 2 or 3 swipes. I wonder if it is not trying to reconnect to network services during that time. I may be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 02:37 AM
    Are you serious, I mean are you really serious this is a problem?

Bloody hell, life is too short to worry about this stuff.
    12-27-14 03:03 AM

He was just wondering if other people are having the same issue. That's kind of the point of this forum and website....

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 03:16 AM
    He was just wondering if other people are having the same issue. That's kind of the point of this forum and website....

Posted via CB10
    You are correct, I am being a bit harsh. But there has been a lot of threads about "problems" which in my mind are trivial. For instance I have had a stack of smartphones with touch screens and none of them has performed perfectly with regards to swiping, touches etc. etc. I sometimes have to swipe 2 or 3 times to wake the Passport up. So what. Do I view it as a problem. No. Were my hands dirty? Has my screen protector been applied properly? Have I swiped far enough or hard enough? Who knows?

That is how I view it.

I sometimes think that people are trying to find issues.
    12-27-14 03:36 AM
    Yes I have it too, sometimes up to four or five swipes. I found it is more responsive to my right hand as opposed to my left but still takes a few swipes. I also noticed today it can take 1-2 seconds to respond after swiping a couple of times to waken. The power button on top seems slow to react at times too, not that I used it much, but just to compare. Not a big issue, but an issue none the less, it does get annoying after a while. Not sure if this is/will be fixed in official 10.3.1 yet to be released, I'm on 10.3.0.908/10.3.0.1418. Anyone notice this on any of the leaks?

Posted by Passport, Blackberry's Beast!
    12-27-14 03:39 AM
    Dude chill out
    If my car doesn't start at the first key there is a problem so i need to fixe it
    If i am in a meeting and i must do a presentation it's not professional if my phone doesn't wake up after 5 swipes, i expect that my device to work flawless like my car

Posted via CB10
    anon(870071), vpblaze and zwuncki like this.
    12-27-14 03:55 AM
    Funny, I would never use a phone to do a presentation. Each to their own.
    12-27-14 03:59 AM
    Me too I have the same small problem... it is a bug

Posted via My Sexy and Bold Passport CB10
    12-27-14 04:04 AM
    Funny, I would never use a phone to do a presentation. Each to their own.
    Btw i wasn't compleining i was trying to find a solution, isn't this the all porpoise of this forums?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 04:05 AM
    I have the same problem on my Z10. Might be dirty display, dirty finger, software related or a combination. For now I can live with it.
    12-27-14 04:16 AM

Not short enough for a pointless Omg really?! Answer obviously.

By the way OP yes, I have this issue with my z10, after many swipes it won't wake up, I have to press the power button which unlocks it and bypasses the lock screen

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 04:19 AM
    Solution? Do a wake up press at the top of the device. And swipe up

12-27-14 05:16 AM
    Solution? Do a wake up press at the top of the device. And swipe up

Or pressing U + enter key.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    spike12 likes this.
    12-27-14 05:56 AM
    You are correct, I am being a bit harsh. But there has been a lot of threads about "problems" which in my mind are trivial. For instance I have had a stack of smartphones with touch screens and none of them has performed perfectly with regards to swiping, touches etc. etc. I sometimes have to swipe 2 or 3 times to wake the Passport up. So what. Do I view it as a problem. No. Were my hands dirty? Has my screen protector been applied properly? Have I swiped far enough or hard enough? Who knows?

That is how I view it.

You think not being able to wake your phone is a "trivial" problem? What else do you think is trivial? Perhaps...not being able to make a phone call? (Yea, so trivial!)

Let's assume that the users hands weren't' dirty, or that there was no screen protector, or that the perfect swipe was executed, and it still....ROUTINELY....doesn't wake up. IS THAT A PROBLEM?

Can you imagine if you pressed the power button on your TV 4 times in a row before you could get it to respond? Or flipped a light switch 4 times before the room out light up? I think some people would perceive that as a real problem.

And sometimes they actually have them.
    Barbareren and EsJayDee like this.
    12-27-14 08:36 AM
    well because passport screen kind of huge, you need to swipe it up longer towards to blackberry brand near the speaker. I dont have any problem with that...try it
    12-27-14 08:53 AM
    Hmm, I haven't noticed the swipe to wake issue. BUT, I've noticed that sometimes when in an app I can't get into settings by swiping down from the ear piece section.

Weird. Default OS.

Posted via a BlackBerry Passport...
    12-27-14 08:58 AM
    I've heard of the slow to wake issue before. It happens to mine sometimes (and that's weird I saw someone mention it works better with their right hand, I thought the same) sometimes it even gets stuck halfway waking up. I just press the power button and swipe up again. I suppose it it were a serious issue for you, you could either turn the swipe to wake off or return the phone.
    12-27-14 09:03 AM
    I have had the same issues. Sometimes takes 4 swipes to actually wake the screen. Sometimes I just give up and press the lock button.

The one time I was trying to show off my Passport and right off the bat I was trying to explain BB10. It's all about the gestures and swiping I said, sure enough, took 4 swipes to actually wake the screen...wasn't exactly impressive!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 09:36 AM
    I think that it has to do with the sensitivity of the touch screen which is different from the previous device of the user. I had the same issue for the first 5-10 days of use but further on somehow never happened again.
    Swiping works fluently for me, seems that my fingers learn to swipe in the right way.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    12-27-14 09:53 AM
    Ok so i have probleme with my Passport with stock os i must swipe 3 or 4 times before the screen will react at my gesture, anyone have the same probleme?

Posted via CB10
    Make sure you didn't leave the original plastic on the passport from when you got it. That plastic doesn't swipe at all. Take it off and MAGIC!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 10:58 AM
    My sometime takes 3 swipes to turn it on. Not impressed. On my Z10 and Q10 only takes one every time.
    12-27-14 11:02 AM
    I have noticed the same thing. The Passport sometimes takes several seconds to wake up after 2 or 3 swipes. I wonder if it is not trying to reconnect to network services during that time. I may be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I had the same problem, I am not sure if it was the screen protector might be the reason behind. Would love to hear if any user have the same problem without having a screen protector on.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 11:14 AM
    Do hard reset
    12-27-14 11:45 AM
    Two swipes has been the norm for me... one if I'm lucky.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 11:56 AM
79 123 ...