It's clear that the demand for the Passport severely outweighs its Supply. I wanted to get everyone's opinion on your perceived value of the device.

To those lucky people with Passports:
    Do you believe the phone is worth what you paid? If so, and after having used it, would you have been willing to pay more? Or, do you believe you overpaid? (Please say if you purchased it at MSRP, a discount, or a mark-up)

For those of us waiting and wishing:
    Are you considering paying more, in order to get the Passport sooner? (I am!) Do any of you have the patience to actually wait to buy it discounted price sometime next year? Is there anyone who wouldn't buy it at any price?

Let me know what you think! And if you think this is stupid, well, that's cool too.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    cckung90 likes this.
    10-22-14 09:06 PM
    I paid $599 on Amazon. I was willing to pay $699 to shopbb when I ordered a VIP because I thought that I would get it a week or 2 earlier. I was not willing to pay $799 that it was listed at on another site here in the USA.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 09:58 PM
    Pricing on this device is a very tricky topic. You only really appreciate its value once you have one in your hand and have used it for a few weeks, and definitely feel like you got a good deal. However, it's so different that many prospective buyers may hesitate if it was priced at its real (higher) value, which means that the real (higher) value would never materialize (since they never even really tried it!).

Their pricing strategy has been good, at least for U.S. and Canada. Particularly for the U.S. since any U.S. buyer is essentially going it alone understanding the risks of not having much (or any) carrier support. Eventually, the price may fall a bit, but not too much considering there is nothing else like it,.. and they likely will never have a glut of unsold inventory.
    10-22-14 09:58 PM
    I don't have it, but am waiting for AT&T to release it in California. I haven't been willing to pay 599 for it; however, it is not released through AT&T, I might consider buying it at the 599 next month. Also, if the white one is released in November like everyone says it will, then I will for sure pay 599 for it. I bought the white Q10 at full retail since AT&T was not going to have it....

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 10:09 PM
    It was worth the $599 I paid. I don't think I'd pay more than $699.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    10-22-14 10:14 PM
    Even at $599 it isn't a good value for me. Just the way Z10 had a huge demand at launch and was going for close to $1000 unlocked.

You're right that the demand is high. And that's good for BlackBerry. Doesn't justify the price in my opinion.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-22-14 10:18 PM
    Purchased at MSRP. 699 Canadian.

Might have paid fifty bucks more, but no more.

Why? Great phone, limited in a few ways. But those limits don't lift without a base, so...

Posted with my Passport via CB10!
    10-22-14 10:28 PM
    I am pleased with the pricing. I am romanian but bought it from the Uk and I could buy it without paying VAT (eu vat registered company) so I ended up paying 404� for it. Decent price for a brand new device if you ask me.

Posted via my square wonder thingie
    10-23-14 12:01 AM
    I think it's worth it for sure. The best blackberry that I have ever used in my opinion. It's a premium flagship phone priced pretty close to or a bit cheaper then other flagships. Just depends on the person though, for some people no phone is worth paying outright for it.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 12:14 AM
    The disparity in prices is a bit obnoxious. So I think based on everything I've seen and heard that $599 is fair unlocked. Except I'm not willing to order anything without a firm shipping date even though I recognize I won't be charged til they send it. It's crazy to me that both ShopBlackBerry and Amazon are out of stock for $599 but there's plenty of phones available for $800. All people that bought 2 and are try to make some money of the second one. I guess all is fair.

Posted via Rosco's Q10 on VZW from Philly
    10-23-14 12:20 AM
    If you consider me paying 580 GBP for Q10, and compare this to Passport which I paid 420 + 20(unlocking) GBP for.
    Yes. Passport is cheap, for me anyway.
    And I think it is worth the price.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 01:44 AM
    Bought a TMO Bold 9900 on launch day for something similar, maybe $569. I thought it was the best phone in existence aside from lack of launch TMO UMA calling.

All phones seem to be the same: six+ bills for the new launches.
    10-23-14 01:59 AM
    I'm in Oz, so $599US (about $650AU) is cheap. I have paid up to $750 for outright phones, and passport is well worth it. I'm very happy with my purchase. Might have even stretched to $800 if I had seen one in the flesh.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 02:27 AM
    My wife thinks I'm crazy. When it comes to things I really want, I take no prisoners and I don't worry too much about price. I have been waiting a long time for this phone and endured much lesser devices in that time. Luckily where I live the dealers have to unpack and demonstrate workability of an electronic device at purchase, so if it checks out and that's the device I want, I'm paying the man.
    10-23-14 07:48 AM
    My wife thinks I'm crazy. When it comes to things I really want, I take no prisoners and I don't worry too much about price. I have been waiting a long time for this phone and endured much lesser devices in that time. Luckily where I live the dealers have to unpack and demonstrate workability of an electronic device at purchase, so if it checks out and that's the device I want, I'm paying the man.
    Same here except no dealers. Waiting to get one online one day. When that box arrives the excitement will begin. My wife is always happy to see me happy with a new toy.
    10-23-14 08:06 AM