Hey everyone -

Very odd, my SE seems to lose 10% per night, turned totally off. The OS was just installed a few days ago, it is 2876 which online people have had some issues with. Anyone else experience this and does it go away once the OS settles in fully?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 08:16 PM
    I believe every phone still has battery drain when turned off. Why turn it off , just put it on silent and plug it in every night. I can't remember the last time I totally turned my phone off.
    07-26-16 09:12 PM
    It is not a normal case. If, after two days of settling, it still is there. You should consider a reinstallation. I once had a Passport with the issue. No fix for that yet. It is lying on my desk.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 01:07 AM
    Same.
    I have one Classic & one SE, I turned off the Classic one month ago and when I turned it on, it still has 92% battery.
    While for SE, when I turned it on after about 10 days, I saw a red battery icon...
    07-27-16 02:45 AM
    Yeah...it sucks. I will need to consider just sending it back for a replacement. Anyone else have an issue with "Standby" consuming an enormous amount of power in the early days of use ? Standby is consuming 19% right now.
    08-02-16 02:22 PM
    I have the same issue with my new Passport SE I bought a month and half ago. The battery drains 4% after 6 hours with the unit turned off. My other (daily driver ) Passport SE I bought one year and half ago doesnt have the problem. I am currently talking to the blackberry warranty dept. and they told me to do an OS reload to factory set condition using blackberry link softw. I will see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 07:53 PM
    i think you shouldn't be turning it off. i am with the guy or gal who said just plug it in at night and put it on silent. many years ago somebody told me i had to shut off my bb at night so the little brain inside could get settled to start up in the morning. when i started doing that i had all kinds of problems. when i stopped shutting them off and just plugged them in at night their little brains kept working just fine and i have had no problems. ive had a passport for 2 years now without a single flub. but i am getting tired of its width. thinking of going with this new DTEK.
    08-04-16 08:05 PM
    Classic and SE on .2836 both have this issue.
    Left on, they lose about 15% over a four-day span, but turned off, they can lose that much overnight.
    08-04-16 08:10 PM
    Amazingly, I think I figured this out at least for myself. Anyone else here on T Mobile? My phone doesn't do this when WiFi is turned OFF. Now how is that possible? The WiFi calling isn't setup, but I keep getting notifications for it. I actually think it's something to do with that, no idea how. But just on 4G, no WiFi, battery life is awesome. Finally getting the Passport experience.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 03:32 AM
    I have the same problem since I got my BB Priv I use it and after 2 days I checked my bb passport that was turn it on all the time, It went from 67 to 45% battery. So I turned it off and after 2 days again I tried to turn it on but the battery was gone!!! My question is how is that possible ???
    08-16-16 12:30 AM
    Well it has an explanation for everything. Every device even when is totally off uses a little amount of battery. Some devices use more and some less, iv heard something about battery watch that is in every device. Is the one that keeps ur device updated to changes like clock date time zone location and everything else, and to do this the battery watch is always working. I believe that in some devices it will work more and consume more power and in some others no, wich I guess the network provider has to do with it. My guessing anyway...

Posted via CB10
    Vic Daval likes this.
    08-16-16 02:02 AM
    I returned my new Passport SE to the manufacturer for repair today. For 100% fully charged phone to almost a depleted charge in about 5 days while the phone was turned off. My Z30 retains its charge for more than 3 weeks!. What a difference.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 12:08 PM
    Little known fact about ALL phones in service after 1997. One circuit loop has capacitor that acts as micro battery. Your phone is never really "off". This enables the NSA or any other clandestine agency to control or monitor your phone at all times.

Yep. A PassPort.
    08-18-16 03:03 PM
    I didn't know that, thanks!!
    Now I have another question: If I have to storage my BB Passport SE. Should I turn off or keep it turned on, because turned off drains the battery in four days turned on last almost a week? Thanks in advance !!!!!!
    08-18-16 08:21 PM
    Use it, I never turn mine off! Only time I do is when my battery is flatlined and it powers off, I then charge it up and use my BlackBerry backup device(s). No battery drain issues on my end.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 11:53 PM
    No battery drain on my Passport. Fully charged and left OFF for five days, after switching it on the indicator has shown 100%.
    08-19-16 04:56 AM
    No battery drain on my Passport. Fully charged and left OFF for five days, after switching it on the indicator has shown 100%.
    Hi--if you're still following this thread, which OS do you have installed? I have 2888 installed on my BB Passport, and it drains fast when turns completely off.

Tough to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue.
    10-21-16 01:07 PM
    PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2876 is what I'm on, and I have this issue too.

My Classic and Z30 aren't like this at all, and they have near 100% for days after being off, whereas my SE Passport drains like crazy when it's off.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 01:17 AM
    Hi--if you're still following this thread, which OS do you have installed? I have 2888 installed on my BB Passport, and it drains fast when turns completely off.

Tough to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue.
    Sorry for late reply. 10.3.2.2836, OS version 2876
    11-01-16 02:32 AM