I'm in MD and if I leave the metropolitan area I cannot use the internet and cannot receive emails or text,just voice data only any help would be appreciated
    06-02-15 06:35 AM
    you may be out of coverage
    06-02-15 09:24 AM
    Your plan may not support those features. The fine print is important on prepaid plans. So just go to T-Mobile, service is awesome and no restrictions on usage. I am In maryland as well. Um also verify the band (frequency) the network is on and change your hand sets accordingly. If your phones network selection is in auto then it would be your plans fault. Also if you purchased your plan and or sim card from walmart then it is for sure your plan is limiting you.(walmart straight talk have a program that's cheap and is sub, by the feds but services are very limited. Fine print! Hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 09:12 PM
    Thanks!! T Mobile here I come!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 09:27 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile's truly unlimited plan in DFW. I clocked this last night on LTE.
    Straight talk with T Mobile sim card issues, why am I not able to send text messages or emails?-img_20150604_211249.png

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 09:21 AM
    Email from straighttalk telling me blackberry services won't work on their network. It seems that almost all prepaid carriers don't/won't activate BlackBerry for some reason. Had the same with metropcs(personal experience), cricket, and straight talk.

Straight talk with T Mobile sim card issues, why am I not able to send text messages or emails?-img_20150605_120244.png

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 11:11 AM
    That's BS from Straight Talk. Blackberry 10 phones does not require any special calling or data plan. It uses regular data like any iPhones or Android. Did you ask for a specific BlackBerry data plan?

Email from straighttalk telling me blackberry services won't work on their network. It seems that almost all prepaid carriers don't/won't activate BlackBerry for some reason. Had the same with metropcs(personal experience), cricket, and straight talk.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150605_120244.png 
Views:	763 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	356164

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 11:40 AM
    Just need to clarify, so you say you don't have internet but you have voice data? What is voice data?

I'm in MD and if I leave the metropolitan area I cannot use the internet and cannot receive emails or text,just voice data only any help would be appreciated
    06-05-15 11:44 AM
    Phone calls

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 12:21 PM
    So when I buy the T Mobile pre paid can I keep my number?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 12:22 PM
    That's BS from Straight Talk. Blackberry 10 phones does not require any special calling or data plan. It uses regular data like any iPhones or Android. Did you ask for a specific BlackBerry data plan?
    Nope. I just asked for it to be activated

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 03:39 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150605_120244.png 
Views:	763 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	356164

Posted via CB10
    Most of them are referring to the old BB OS7 phones that required a BIS plan to function. The new ones are plan agnostic. If you go to a local store and have them enter BS data in the IMEI field and get you a SIM card, your OS10 phone will work fine.
    06-05-15 05:16 PM
    Interesting enough if you activate Tmobile online after purchasing there starter kit, it asks you is it a blackberry? Select yes and the pain will go away. If you go into Tmobile and have a BlackBerry (I have a passport) look on there screen when they pull your account up and you can see the provisional soc code used for BlackBerry though it doesn't require a bes server anymore the network still has to support it. (GSM handsets have the ability to control towers versus cdma towers control the handset) blah

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 08:45 PM
    So when I buy the T Mobile pre paid can I keep my number?

Posted via CB10
    Yes you should be able to port yout telephone number I think! On Tmobile you have 3 choices prepaid, credit check or no credit check! Prepaid I m not sure if you can port cause it's prepaid there is no agreement with ptn but things may have changed just ask, I did the no credit check no deposit nothing just awesome service! I live in Ellicott city in the woods and I have service!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 08:55 PM
    What carrier SIM card are you using?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 09:56 PM
    Thanks 0101!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 11:06 AM
    Most of them are referring to the old BB OS7 phones that required a BIS plan to function. The new ones are plan agnostic. If you go to a local store and have them enter BS data in the IMEI field and get you a SIM card, your OS10 phone will work fine.
    I never thought of that. I hate the hate that BlackBerry gets. No one knows at these places what they are talking about or are ex users that haven't used one since os7 and think things haven't changed.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 11:32 AM
    The stores really isn't helping the customer by not knowing their stuff. Personally I would just rather borrow my a friends non BlackBerry phone a for minute and tell the store to activate a SIM on it. You can then take the SIM and put it on your BlackBerry10 phone and use it as is without the store trying to confuse or selling your things you don't need.

06-06-15 12:42 PM
    The stores really isn't helping the customer by not knowing their stuff. Personally I would just rather borrow my a friends non BlackBerry phone a for minute and tell the store to activate a SIM on it. You can then take the SIM and put it on your BlackBerry10 phone and use it as is without the store trying to confuse or selling your things you don't need.
    It's a shame but tmobile has an insane promotion if the OP wants to take advantage. They are offering two lines with unlimited data for only 100 a month. You don't need to buy a new phone. Once you have it, they can't take it away from you.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 06:31 PM
    did you set the data and text settings correctly, straight talk sim cards do not set them automatically, you need to open settings, mobile network and the the apn icon at the bottom for data to work, then open hub go too settings in the overflow (three dots) bottom right corner, text messages, click advanced bottom of page, scroll down and you will see the MMSC settings, you can find the correct APN settings on straight talk webbie, also note text mms may take a few weeks to a month to start working, I am attaching a screen shot for my straight talk ATT settings TMO are different and should only use as a guide the :80 means port 80
    Straight talk with T Mobile sim card issues, why am I not able to send text messages or emails?-img_20150606_214708.png
    APN setting is below

Attachment 356399
    thymaster likes this.
    06-06-15 09:49 PM