A friend is selling his Passport for 400 CAD. I have a Z10. Is it worth buying this one now that the Priv is out. I don't want to buy it if it is going to be obsolete in a year.
    11-17-15 11:34 AM
    It will likely get another update to 10.3.3 in the new year, like all other BB10 devices.

If you really enjoy the bb10 experience, then yes, the Passport is still a worthy buy. Most powerful bb10 on the market.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 11:36 AM
    In a word, yes. Great phone, great screen, and an amazing keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    11-17-15 12:00 PM
    I hope so, I've just bought one to take over duties from my classic

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 12:07 PM
    It's a pretty simple decision: if your Z10 does everything you need/want then the Passport is a good choice. If you want/need apps that don't work on your Z10, then they're not going to work on the Passport too, so you may want to get priv or another android phone.

Just assume that nothing will improve from the state it is in right now and make your decision based on that. There may be some improvements made, but if you don't 'hope' for added features, you will not be disappointed.

EDIT: The Passport could well be the last flagship BB10 device. It will not immediately become unusable. I was using my Nokia N9 until earlier this year - 4 years after Nokia killed the phone and the Meego OS. It still worked well, and pretty much everything worked....even though the app store was removed by Microsoft. There were community resources that kept the platform usable. BB10 may not have the same sort of community resources, but I also don't think that BlackBerry will completely remove all resources in the next couple of years.
    dusanvn likes this.
    11-17-15 12:07 PM
    Definitely worth it!! Passport is the best smartphone on the market, my opinion! Takes a few weeks to get used to the form factor but once you do you will love it!!

Posted via the amazing Passport
    Barbareren likes this.
    11-17-15 12:27 PM
    should be good for 2 years max with the passport.
    11-17-15 12:42 PM
    It is just 1 year old device, of course it is a good decision.

Remember, you take your decision, it doesn't matter what other people say but if you buy it your decision will be smart

Regards
    11-17-15 01:17 PM
    I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition last week as a present. As the OP previous phone was Z10, which I enjoyed a lot even to its problems. Was thinking a lot whether need to switch to Passport or go for some other platform which offers more apps. Now having my BlackBerry SE and feeling really good and happy about it. All the apps that I need are working just fine even from Play Market. Experience with Android apps on Z10 was not so good due to the battery and hardware, now on Passport everything runs smoothly and I'm not worried about battery anymore. No regrets so far and the Blackberry experience is awesome as usual.

When I was making my decision I just simply thought that I can switch to iOS or Android anytime and there won't be anything new there, however with the Passport it will be different. Will be staying with it until it works.

Good luck

It is just posted via Blackberry
    11-17-15 01:56 PM
    Just between you and me, when the two displays are set at the lowest level, the Passport display is noticeable brighter than the new Priv display.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-17-15 02:09 PM
    Just Got my passport SE today! Loving it so far! My last BB10 device was a Q5 which I busted up pretty badly. Jumped on the iphone bandwagon and now contract free! Getting used to a keyboard again but man what a great device this is.

Definitely still worth buying a passport! Especially if it's a SE!

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 06:35 PM
    Well worth it, I'd say. I'm amazed at my own amazement each time I hold my Passport SE. it's a truly fantastic device. And it's running Google play store too and it even added more to my being amazed haha! I don't need to get the Priv just to get the android apps now.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 07:04 PM