Had my Passport a year and still loving it. And I'm still on the original 10.3.0.908 release. Have held off on updating as it's been great as it is: slick and easy 2 day battery life and I like having the flash for BBC news videos.

But thinking I could be missing out on new features and improvements....

Convince me to upgrade!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 06:02 AM
    There are Flash-enabled browsers available, either here on CB (fBrowser) or on BBW (Zeus).
    i get at least two days on the PP on 10.3.2.2876.
    02-11-16 06:19 AM
    Why would I convince you to up grade to a better OS....
    It's advice your happy with what you have.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 07:09 AM
    You don't need us to convince you. You can decide it on your own.

Posted via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-11-16 08:07 AM
    Don't upgrade to 10.3.2.2876. Then you will really wish you didn't. 2876 is Chen's little bag of dog **** lit on fire sitting on your front porch.

But the flash thing isn't as big of a deal as you think. Upgrading to 10.3.2.2813 will give you an outdated and quickly dying OS but not as bad as the corpse of an OS you're currently occupying.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    02-11-16 08:26 AM
    Take your point ref flash Doggerz, but 'corpse of an OS'!? It's a sweet OS even if BlackBerry let's it go - still great for what I want to do.

Back to the key question: What new features do people value with the upgrade?
    02-11-16 12:11 PM
    I honestly don't know if there is new features... you can assign custom colors to contacts without the use of an app like bee buzz. I guess that's new since 10.3.0 idk about anything else unless you count the bugs that I've noticed have crept up since I updated or got worse since

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 12:43 PM
    There are definitely new features and general improvements but they aren't insane. First and major feature that comes to mind: the new BlackBerry Protect with antitheft. If someone steals your device they can never use it without your password and BlackBerry ID.
    02-11-16 01:19 PM
    If it works then stick to it, 10.3.1 was a disaster; buggy and unstable, 10.3.2 is a little better but can have signal issues.

But, you are missing out on some Apps which are 10.3.1 minimum (the last API update we had)
    02-11-16 02:19 PM
    Better battery. Better camera. More apps. Bug fixes!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 10:45 PM
    Take your point ref flash Doggerz, but 'corpse of an OS'!? It's a sweet OS even if BlackBerry let's it go - still great for what I want to do.

Back to the key question: What new features do people value with the upgrade?
    2876 is the corpse. The rest are fine

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    02-12-16 01:45 AM
    10.3.2 brings more touch features to the keypad and shows date under the time on peek. I think there was led colours in. 1. Passport is my only device updated past 10.3.1 tho. One thing I missed is the "try it" feature when setting up notifications.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 11:42 AM
    If you're still running an old outdated OS on you computer (say Windows 98.... You don't need any convincing.

What you need is to FInd out (for yourself) WHY Operating Systems and Apps are updated and upgraded in the first place.

If you continue to run the OS that you are using, It won't be long til your mobile device convinces you.

I'm still wondering why they ever got rid of the rotary phone. It worked great. The only thing I didn't like about it was that damn coil cord.

texn884 likes this.
    02-13-16 01:13 AM
    Like the humour Lostboy, you shouldn't be wasting your time on Crackberry but perfecting your stand-up routine.. ;-). Back to the question of upgrades - not all really bring much additional value - Windows 8 v W7 anyone? - so I've learned to only upgrade if I have a functional issue (I haven't with the PP) or if there are significant functional enhancements - which is why I'm seeking the wisdom of the forum :-).
    IcYthemes likes this.
    02-13-16 11:29 AM
    You are missing the WF calling....if your network allow it of course

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 02:48 PM
    Why?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 03:50 PM
    Convince me to upgrade!

Posted via CB10
    BB10 OS is dying...

Your time may run out to enjoy the latest OS version...

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 10:46 PM
    So I did it. Upgraded to 2836 a few days ago. OTA went completely smoothly. Camera focus seems faster. Battery actually seems better than before - which was already excellent. Still finding new features. Overall seems a little more 'zippy'. I bought Zeus browser so still can get flash for the BBC site. A great phone is even better!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 03:34 PM
    10.3.2 is way smoother than the stock 10.3 was imo. No regrets since then outside of the occasional text screen flicker.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 08:21 PM
    Had my Passport a year and still loving it. And I'm still on the original 10.3.0.908 release. Have held off on updating as it's been great as it is: slick and easy 2 day battery life and I like having the flash for BBC news videos.

But thinking I could be missing out on new features and improvements....

Convince me to upgrade!

Posted via CB10
    Go here to read about the improvements: BlackBerry OS 10 ? BlackBerry 10.3 OS Software Features - US

Summary of 10.3.2 improvements:

Anti-theft protection � If your smartphone is lost or stolen, with the new anti-theft feature in BlackBerry Protect, the smartphone cannot be wiped and used by someone else.
    BlackBerry� Blend� � to bring messaging and content on your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer and tablet. No saving to a cloud, no transferring information between devices. Learn about BlackBerry Blend
    Android app compatibility � Download and install Android apps from the Amazon Appstore. Learn about the Amazon Appstore
    BlackBerry Assistant � Manage your email, contacts, calendar and other features through simple voice and text commands.
    Camera
    Improved accuracy for face detection
    Better low light performance in auto-mode
    Improved focus speed and accuracy to reduce blur caused by motion
    Automatically recommends modes and settings
    Capture a panorama or even record video and take pictures at the same time.
    Calendar
    Meeting Mode � Automatically set your phone to quiet mode for the duration of your meeting, and choose types of events/durations that are affected by Meeting Mode.
    New weekly agenda view
    Growing numbers � numbers within the Month view will shrink/grow, based on how busy you are during work hours.
    BlackBerry World for Work � organizations can now purchase BlackBerry World apps through BlackBerry World�s Volume Purchase Program (VPP)
    Browser
    Easily access private browsing from the tabs menu
    Use Reader Mode Voice Support to have website content read out loud.
    S/MIME Support for ActiveSync � Import your S/MIME certificate into your certificate store and manage your secure email settings in BlackBerry Hub.
    BlackBerry Hub with Instant Actions � Quickly organize and action your inbox without having to go into each individual message.
    Media improvements � Updates include the ability to �Favorite� your songs, photos or videos, and a new slow motion video edit feature.
    Battery life improvements � Boost your battery life by up to 15% by customizing your Power Saving Profile.
    02-24-16 08:58 PM
    Go here to read about the improvements: BlackBerry OS 10 ? BlackBerry 10.3 OS Software Features - US

Summary of 10.3.2 improvements:
    Plus 10.3.1, of course.
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-24-16 10:40 PM
    Meh. Just wait for the 2nd BB10 update this year.

*ME173X
    02-24-16 10:49 PM
    Meh. Just wait for the 2nd BB10 update this year.

*ME173X
    Summary of 10.3.3 improvements:

02-24-16 10:54 PM
    Try BlackBerry Blend!
    Grab QuickPost for free using promo code : TEAMQUICKPOST in BlackBerry World enjoy

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 08:15 PM