Just got my new passport. Haven't been able to use it as I have to get the carrier to hook it up.

I was playing with the keyboard and most of the buttons have a nice spring to them. The bottom left side doesn't. Particularly the letter Z.

Anyone else have this issue. Should I be concerned or is this normal.

It almost feels like it has very little room to push in.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-17-15 02:09 PM
    It's not normal and probably you need to play more with the z button to make it more responsive. I have no issues with any key.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    02-17-15 02:29 PM
    Ok thanks.

02-17-15 02:31 PM
    In case this becomes an issue does anyone know what the warranty is on a new device?

02-17-15 03:05 PM
    One year from the retailer who sold it to you. I think you have 30 days for a no questions asked replacement
    02-17-15 04:24 PM
    Ok thank again guys.

02-17-15 04:31 PM
    The spacebar on my first PP was just like that, I wasn't sure if that was normal. So I exchanged it. When I got the second set in the mail, I played around with it and the spacebar was like butter. So back the first set went.
    02-17-15 05:13 PM
    I will find out tomorrow night once I get TELUS to hook up my phone. I am worried I will have to send it back to DR which I sure hope I don't have to do.

02-17-15 08:28 PM
    Can anyone else chime in here? I really don't want to send this back.

The z Buttom doesn't really click. It does work though. If I don't send it back will it eventually stop working?

Any more advice is appreciated.

02-17-15 10:42 PM
    How'd you get it?

If you did it through Digital River, you could ask for an "advance exchange," where you give them your credit card info, they place a hold (nothing is charged or taken, they basically just have your number) for the retail value of the phone, and send you out a brand new one. You then send your defective device back in the Fed Ex bag that comes in the Fed Ex box with your new, perfect Passport.

A few days later, they contact you and tell you they've received your faulty device, and that's it. No being without a Passport, just annoying.

Do it quickly though, it's only like this for the first 30 days, and then you have to deal with the much more annoying RMA repair/replacement process.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 01:27 AM
    How'd you get it?

If you did it through Digital River, you could ask for an "advance exchange," where you give them your credit card info, they place a hold (nothing is charged or taken, they basically just have your number) for the retail value of the phone, and send you out a brand new one. You then send your defective device back in the Fed Ex bag that comes in the Fed Ex box with your new, perfect Passport.

A few days later, they contact you and tell you they've received your faulty device, and that's it. No being without a Passport, just annoying.

Do it quickly though, it's only like this for the first 30 days, and then you have to deal with the much more annoying RMA repair/replacement process.

Posted via CB10
    I did this but my spider senses are tingling.

I'm worried another phone will come with an issue. I don't really care if the phone is a bit used from DR as long as it works.

I questioned the car rep at blackberry why my new phone was shipped from the returns dept but she didn't have an answer and assured me all phones shipped from blackberry are new.

02-18-15 10:50 AM
    I did this but my spider senses are tingling.

I'm worried another phone will come with an issue. I don't really care if the phone is a bit used from DR as long as it works.

I questioned the car rep at blackberry why my new phone was shipped from the returns dept but she didn't have an answer and assured me all phones shipped from blackberry are new.

Just try it. Better to do it and try to get a phone with no faults than to stick with the one you have. The keyboard is the most important thing on a BlackBerry, so to me it should be perfect. And it won't cost you anything to exchange, just a little time on the phone.
    02-18-15 01:35 PM
    Did it look brand new or did DR send you a used one like they seem to be doing alot

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    02-18-15 01:43 PM
    Did it look brand new or did DR send you a used one like they seem to be doing alot

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    Mine did look new. But I didn't even take the sticky tape off.... I just spent time playing with that Z button.

Sorry you had an issue as well. I asked the BB car why it was shipped from a return center and if it was new... She just paused and had no idea.... Then said all items are new from shop Blackberry.

I just hope my next one is good and I can be done with them.

02-18-15 04:56 PM
    I also question why a new phone is shipped from the USA and not Canada, when I live in Canada.

Last edited by Blackberryblade; 02-18-15 at 05:46 PM.
    02-18-15 04:59 PM