Hi Fellow Members,

I have been interested in buying the Passport since it was first launched. I came across the current Spring Sale which lists the Original Passport @ �320 and the Passport SE @ �343 . I am really keen to buy it. However I have also been following recent news and the FB and Whats App decision. This has made me think about considering the Priv (�499) I was keen on getting opinions on which one to buy. Please find below a bit about me and my needs;

Used 8520, 9700, 9900 and Q10 ( so familiar with OS 10 and specially the HUB!!!).
    Used IPhone 5/Galaxy S4/Note 2 in the past
    Currently using IPhone 6 and Samsung S6

My needs include:

Good call quality
    Email management (since I have 6 email accounts)
    Battery life
    Basic apps needed since I have 2 other smartphones which i can use.
    No gaming

So Passport, Passport SE or Priv.??? What do you think?
    03-29-16 08:20 AM
    I'd get the PRIV and then just carry around one phone....

If you like carrying two phones, get the Passport SE... it's not that much more, but most like it's premium feel and rounded corners.
    03-29-16 08:45 AM
    Based on your needs...definitely the Passport SE. Even the Classic to be quite frank. I can't comment too much on the Priv as I have never tried it. But since the SE has a sale on it, I'd say the choice is pretty clear.

As for WhatsApp, the Android version works on the Passport without issues. FB still works with alerts coming to your Hub via email and using FB via the Browser. Believe it or not, it's actually a practical workaround that is probably better than the FB app which was broken anyway. This is a workaround that currently works on my Classic and if the Classic can handle it, surely the Passport can.
    03-29-16 09:06 AM
    Good call quality - Passport (OG or SE)
    Email management (since I have 6 email accounts) - Passport (OG or SE)
    Battery life - Passport (OG or SE)
    Basic apps needed since I have 2 other smartphones which i can use. - download Snap or install the Google Playstore and you're set
    No gaming - Passport is a great platform for gaming if you change your mind that is.

So Passport, Passport SE or Priv.??? What do you think?
    If I were you, I'd get the SE because it is a great phone to type on. Much easier than the OG.

TBH it's a no brainer.
    03-29-16 09:10 AM
    Any Passport will do.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    03-29-16 11:34 AM
    Buy one of each.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 12:12 PM
    Hey. I using blackberry passport since they released it and I love it. I work at news station so I'm working man as you I guess. I don't know about priv much but for calling email's and management passport is perfect and battery life is great. If you use facebook a lot and need apps well maybe you better get priv, but passport is just wow for me. I never had any regret for buying it. It's go good with my suit also hehe

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 01:45 PM
    For me the Passport SE..it does everything you want with aplomb...unless you need certain Android apps (and less face it many people do) the Passport wins out.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 02:39 PM
    Need Android apps?
    Yes - Priv
    No - SE
    No and tight on budget?- OG.

OG and SE is on par. for me at least.
    03-29-16 02:53 PM
    Good call quality - Passport (OG or SE)
    Email management (since I have 6 email accounts) - Passport (OG or SE)
    Battery life - Passport (OG or SE)
    Basic apps needed since I have 2 other smartphones which i can use. - download Snap or install the Google Playstore and you're set
    No gaming - Passport is a great platform for gaming if you change your mind that is.

If I were you, I'd get the SE because it is a great phone to type on. Much easier than the OG.

TBH it's a no brainer.
    This. Passport SE.

Best for email management, typing, battery life, call quality and holding signal in weak areas (in my case that includes underground parking garages, elevators - I love watching iSheep talk for 30 minutes in the lobby while I go up and down elevators and don't lose my call).

Google maps including voice input for directions works great. Whatsapp works. Deezer (android version) works including offline sync. For me this more than covers 'basic apps'.

I cannot stand iOS email management and not being able to search my inbox for key terms and finding emails quickly. I can't speak to Android as I haven't used Android for email management since the GS3 and that was terrible.

GL with your selection.
    Arjun Sahota likes this.
    03-30-16 08:01 AM
    I am also looking to change my older BlackBerry phone with a newer model, so I can have a bigger display and more speed, and so far it looks like the Passport SE is my favorite choice from what I tested. I use my phone a lot for business and emails and Passport seems to be able to handle everything I need just great, I used to BB OS and I love it, so I don't want Android. Looking at your needs, I think that it might suit you also: the keyboard and display (plus the HUB) make it very easy to type and handle all emails (that's why I love BB phones), you can scroll very easily and search the inbox, the quality of the call is very good and the battery life is higher than for other models and there are plenty of apps that can be installed besides the basic ones. The price you found is also quite good for this phone, I would totally go for it! Good luck and enjoy your phone!
    03-30-16 09:18 AM
    Thanks for the help guys. Gonna go for the Passport SE. Only concern is that I have read about issues with the phone rebooting and the screen lift issues. Is there someone who could shed light on this?
    04-01-16 05:01 PM
    You can get your BB10 device registered and download the googleplay store (cobalt). All the apps you want. Lots of videos how to do it on youtube.

As for FB, nemory has 2 great apps I may go ahead and pay for - Face10 and Messenger10. The paid apps will integrate into your hub like the old BlackBerry FB did. I think they are $3 each which is worth it to me.

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    04-01-16 05:17 PM
    Thanks for the help guys. Gonna go for the Passport SE. Only concern is that I have read about issues with the phone rebooting and the screen lift issues. Is there someone who could shed light on this?
    Sounds like changing the software version with an autoloader will resolve this. Scroll thru this forum and there is plenty of responses to this issue

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    04-01-16 05:18 PM
    Get it what you only live once.
    I have a white one unlocked extra I'll sell it to you if you like mint condition??

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 06:19 PM
    Guys just an update. Ordered the Original passport from Amazon Warehouse deals. Paid �218 for it with 1 year warranty from Amazon and only problem being the box is slightly damaged. I have 30 days to return it if I feel it is not right this also gives me time to use the phone for more than 15 mins and get a feel for it. If I like the experience I will order a new passport SE from blackberry (in case the amazon one has problems and I return it)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Wise Owl likes this.
    04-12-16 05:13 AM
    I would've just walked in to one of the mobile service stores and used a demo. Hopefully you like the passport as it is a BOSS phone. It is going downhill though since it is running BB10 OS, so live it up while you still can. BB10 OS will probably be completely gone in at least 2 years (I'm guessing) but definitely from what you described, passport is the way to go.
    04-12-16 10:20 AM
    Went to Harrods in London to play with the phone and get a feel for it. Was impressed and that convinced me to buy it. None of the mobile phone carriers in the UK had the Passport on display.

I have an IPhone 6 and Samsung S6 so not worried about the app gap. As long as the Email, Phone call quality and features like Hub and Blend work well, I can continue using the phone.
    04-12-16 10:27 AM
    PP SE. I had to buy sim free (UK) due to, as you say, no networks bothering to stock it. Awesome phone, a great update to my q10 that I had for a good few years.

Posted via CB10 - 9900 -Playbook- Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2)
    04-12-16 01:41 PM
    Got the phone really enjoying it so far. Any suggestions for must have apps? Also is anyone using Telegram? Could you recommend a good app to download for telegram?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 05:28 AM
    The spring sale offer has expired
    I wasted time in thinking whether I should opt for black or silver due to price difference
    Please let me know if you have promo code

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 06:49 AM
    I wasted time in thinking whether I should opt for black or silver due to price difference

Posted via CB10
    passport silver in Cell Phones and Smartphones | eBay

I saw a new unused Passport Silver Edition go for $440 with free shipping. Still, my parents insisted that we order it for $440 and pay the taxes on it. /shakingmyhead Oh well, at least I'm getting it direct from BlackBerry.
    04-14-16 10:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    There Is a forum here for deals on BlackBerry. Check that out

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 06:39 PM
    Buy it on the next sale or buy a gold one for $1300

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    04-15-16 08:28 PM