Hello to all,

I want to know how I can listen to spotify music on my passport without installing it from the google store, as I don't load any google apps on my passport at this time. I tried to load the spotify player through the browser like I do on my computer but it will not work without flash. Do I have any other options? I could not find a spotify app in Blackberry World. If not, are there any other music streaming services I can use on my passport without using any google apps?

Thanks in advance,
    12-07-15 02:03 PM
    It works with no issues for me!! I use it everyday to work. Pandora works too. I use it in both my PP original and SE.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 02:08 PM
    Go into settings and make sure you can submit install apps from outside bbworld.

http://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android

For that matter, you can just google any app you want. Search on the app name followed by "apk".

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    12-07-15 02:09 PM
    It works with no issues for me!! I use it everyday to work. Pandora works too. I use it in both my PP original and SE.

Posted via CB10
    Are you referring through the browser version of spotify that works for you? on my OG a dialog box pops up that says flash required.
    12-07-15 02:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Are you referring through the browser version of spotify that works for you? on my OG a dialog box pops up that says flash required.
    12-07-15 02:20 PM
    I use it every day. Just blow by the Google Play message boxes if they come up.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 02:32 PM
    You can also ad it from the Amazon app store.
    I'm using with no issues or problems.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 03:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks,

That's what I am doing right now.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 09:02 PM
    Really? No issues? Mine gets stuck on loading screens when searching. Music plays but I have to restart Spotify numerous times to get search to start working responsively again (otherwise just sits there with a spinning screen). Tried a bunch of different versions off play store and amazon store, as well as patching for google play services (which btw if you do will give you working Chromecast support). Still same issue. Used to not have issues like this a year ago on Z10, the app just keeps getting more bloated and the core functionality doesn't work.

I use a Passport.
    12-09-15 03:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    I also use Spotify from the Amazon App Store with no issues or problems.
    12-09-15 04:57 PM
    You can try Zeus Browser from BlackBerry World. Definitely worth the price for being able to view sites that still use Flash like Spotify.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59963924

I do prefer the android app, though. I can't remember if I got it via Snap or the Amazon store. I also use use Spotify on my Sonos system using the Sonos android app. Works great! I have the original Passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 01:05 AM
    You can try search for spotify APK and download it. It works fine

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 02:24 AM
    They have a promotion going on right now that gets you premium for. 99 a month for 3 months..

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 06:39 AM
    I figured out what was causing the issue. I'm guessing the cache on my media card got corrupted or it just got too large to manage. Deleting spotify and/or purging cache from within the app wasn't enough to fix this problem. I actually had to go in with File Manager and dig through the android directories on my SD card until I found the massive spotify folder in there. I noticed it had files from modified today and files modified all the way back in 2014.... wiped it and haven't seen the loading issue all day.

It was driving me pretty crazy.
    domex likes this.
    12-10-15 06:44 PM
    Downloaded spotify from amazon and so far no issues here.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-11-15 07:17 AM
    Amazon version works great. Use it all the time.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 01:50 AM
    I tried Spotify on my Passport. I'm quite concerned how much it heats up after some time. Is that fine?

Peculiar Odd Weird Efficient Robust. My BlackBerry is POWERful
    12-22-15 03:53 AM
    Came here to say that the amazon version works great for me as well. I was concerned prior to getting my passport because I had had several issues using it on my classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 10:02 AM
    My passport also heats up using spotify someone any idea ?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 07:50 PM
    Using Google. Playstore spotify for about a year now. No problems what so ever. No heating issues.
    Passport silver edition right now. Used black passport for a year. Both work fine. Controlling other spotify devices with passport device works like a charm

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    12-22-15 09:01 PM
    Really? No issues? Mine gets stuck on loading screens when searching. Music plays but I have to restart Spotify numerous times to get search to start working responsively again (otherwise just sits there with a spinning screen). Tried a bunch of different versions off play store and amazon store, as well as patching for google play services (which btw if you do will give you working Chromecast support). Still same issue. Used to not have issues like this a year ago on Z10, the app just keeps getting more bloated and the core functionality doesn't work.

I use a Passport.
    I've been having this problem lately too and I'm on Q10. I've been thinking of updating my version of BB10 since Spotify updates aren't helping. It's becoming annoying.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 12:23 AM
    I figured out what was causing the issue. I'm guessing the cache on my media card got corrupted or it just got too large to manage. Deleting spotify and/or purging cache from within the app wasn't enough to fix this problem. I actually had to go in with File Manager and dig through the android directories on my SD card until I found the massive spotify folder in there. I noticed it had files from modified today and files modified all the way back in 2014.... wiped it and haven't seen the loading issue all day.

Let me give this a try.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 12:25 AM
    Seems to be working, but I think I'll have to re-download stuff for offline play

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 12:33 AM
    Seems to be working, but I think I'll have to re-download stuff for offline play

Posted via CB10
    Yeah you def will need to re-download, glad I could help.

Posted via CB10 on me red Blackberry Passport
    12-24-15 01:15 AM

Thank you so much for this fix, this problem was driving me crazy.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 02:16 PM
30 12