Wait, really?! I've seen the other Passports get their batteries removed, but I've never seen it done with a Silver Edition, so I'm curious about how they compare?
    you open the sim card plate. Then remove the T5 screws. at this point you gently pull the back off, on the silver edition there are no other screws but the top 3. Once the cover is off, remove the screw for the battery plug. Than on the opposite side of the plug gently and I mean gently start to work the battery. Poof its done
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-26-16 10:29 PM
    you open the sim card plate. Then remove the T5 screws. at this point you gently pull the back off, on the silver edition there are no other screws but the top 3. Once the cover is off, remove the screw for the battery plug. Than on the opposite side of the plug gently and I mean gently start to work the battery. Poof its done
    Thanks for the response! I actually found a disassembly video of the Silver Edition last night, and then watched another one of the normal passport to observe the differences. Both were relatively easy, but still wouldn't recommend it to someone with coffee nerves!
    07-27-16 08:18 PM
    It's not as hard as you may think. The trick is to remember which part go where and be gentle.
    When you remove the screws, work is a pattern, clockwise or reverse, from outside in, place the screws and part in order of removal (left to right for example). That way you will minimize misplacing part when reassemble. Then with the battery, be gentle and work around. You'll have it quite alright. It's fun too.

Posted from my Passport
    07-29-16 05:07 AM
28 12