I was just listening to some YouTube music videos on my Passport through the speakers (not via headphones) and I have to say what stellar sound this device produces. It is WORLDS better than any iPhone or Android that I've heard. The only comparable speakers are, of course, two other BlackBerry devices: the Z30 and PlayBook. I wish people would realize that it's not always all about the apps, but the hardware is just as important.

Edit: For examples of what I was listening to, search for Lady Gaga's performance of "Imagine" at the Baku Games and also her duet with Tony Bennett for "The Lady is a Tramp", both on her LadyGagaVEVO channel.
    Last edited by andy957; 05-08-16 at 12:40 PM.
    05-07-16 09:55 PM
    Verrrry true.
    05-08-16 08:18 AM
    Your so right. Specially how Loud this Device is. Someone Called me yesterday and it was on full volume. And the older Persone looked at me and then on my phone and he said it's a BlackBerry they still making them? I told him after I finished my conversation because they called about BlackBerry Phones, yes this is one of the Latest Models and they thought BlackBerry is not selling new Devices any more. And one showed me his old BlackBerry. He told me he will replace it haha with the new Model.

BlackBerry  Passport Silver Edition  CB App
    05-08-16 12:06 PM
    I have the passport and the moto x pure, the moto leaves it for dead, clearer and louder, cudnt believe it myself, very ulcerated phone..

Passport to heaven..
    05-12-16 03:53 PM
    Underrated aswell.

Passport to heaven..
    05-12-16 03:54 PM
    I have the passport and the moto x pure, the moto leaves it for dead, clearer and louder, cudnt believe it myself, very ulcerated phone..

Passport to heaven..
    You prefer the Moto X speakers?
    05-16-16 01:42 PM
    No way!

The BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Speaker is so much better then the Motorola!

BlackBerry  Passport Silver Edition  CB App
    05-16-16 01:53 PM
    Samsung Galaxy's sound good...but Passport's DO sound better. I have to turn my Passport (silver version) down at work as the whole office can hear my tunes when I use it!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 02:04 PM
    Spectacular is the word

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 02:23 PM
    Even if my Phone is Ringing in Public I volume a bit down because all people around me are looking at me first then on my device and at me again haha. For sure they never heard a so loud ring or notification sounds haha.

One thing is for sure, you will always here your phone haha

 P A S S P O R T [ S E]  | CB App |
    05-17-16 02:48 PM
    Imagine is such a nice song and she did a nice rendition of it. I agree on the speakers too! When I'm around my friends and we want to put some songs, I'm always the one to fire up my spotify haha.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 01:51 AM
    IV both phones, the Moto x pure is in a different league to the passport, believe me, I was shocked, if you haven't got both, don't chat schit saying the Moto isn't better reingutierrez
    05-18-16 05:44 AM
    I was just listening to some YouTube music videos on my Passport through the speakers (not via headphones) and I have to say what stellar sound this device produces. It is WORLDS better than any iPhone or Android that I've heard. The only comparable speakers are, of course, two other BlackBerry devices: the Z30 and PlayBook. I wish people would realize that it's not always all about the apps, but the hardware is just as important.

Edit: For examples of what I was listening to, search for Lady Gaga's performance of "Imagine" at the Baku Games and also her duet with Tony Bennett for "The Lady is a Tramp", both on her LadyGagaVEVO channel.
    Yes agreed with you the sound quality is unparalleled.

 Passport propelled by 10.3.2.2639
    05-18-16 11:07 AM
    The grammar in the posts in this thread leaves something to be desired.
    SK122387 likes this.
    05-18-16 03:26 PM
    IV both phones, the Moto x pure is in a different league to the passport, believe me, I was shocked, if you haven't got both, don't chat schit saying the Moto isn't better reingutierrez
    What????

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    05-19-16 06:19 AM
    What????

Posted via CB10
    OK I will speak slowly, the Moto x pure has better speakers than the BlackBerry passport... better now.
    05-19-16 10:17 AM
    I've had the Blackberry Passport for more than a year, and I have to say the volume is definitely a major plus for random music playing moments. The sound clarity is also very apparent when listening to things like jazz trios.
    05-19-16 03:04 PM
    Its nice that its stereo!!! Bonus

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 07:58 PM
    Passport has incredible speakers. I just disassembled my Passport, and the speakers are heavy and quite large.

Great for music, videos, or conference calling. It's one of the major reasons the Passport can behave like a media-centric tablet when it wants to. Replacing both tablets and laptops for getting things done on the go.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    05-20-16 12:10 AM
    I too am happy with the sound quality with my passport. I had a Motorola before this phone and I would miss calls because I didn't hear the phone in my pocket, never with the Passport. I listen to a lot of podcasts and I have never seen the need for an external speaker.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 09:28 AM
    The Z30 has substantially better sound quality than the Passport. Deeper sounds, less tinny, and better stereo separation.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 09:41 AM
    It's all about the stereo separation, when the Moto x is on full volume it sounds like your at the movies..
    05-20-16 10:09 AM
    ^^^^ you're
    05-20-16 10:12 AM
    ^^^^ you're
    Yes, as in you're a grammar nazi .
    05-20-16 10:14 AM
    Passport SE and I'm sure OG is the best sounding device I ever owned and I owned allot however when on a few notches down, it is barely even able to be heard so all or nothing, I choose all.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 10:20 AM
85 123 ...