Something else you might wanna try!
    When is last time you cleaned....I mean REALLY cleaned your device??
    If you're not using condensed air to keep the ports free of dust and grime and gently spraying the opening in back there's a good chance the antenna
    has gotten so much build up that it's not reading the airways.
    Also, if you keep your device in your pocket, you MUST cover the power port. If a coin or a piece of metal makes contact with that port it WILL cause damage to your device.

These suggestions have been tested time and again through the years with people I've helped. Sometimes, it's the little things that you wouldn't normally think of that creates big problems.
    That's right! If cooking your phone in the kitchen oven doesn't work than run it thru the kitchen dishwasher! Works for me every time! ;] and if all that fails there's also the kitchen microwave, zap it wit da waves man, zap it wit da waves!!!
    04-22-17 06:34 AM
    I'd love to stay and feel sorry for myself but.... I seem to be the only one offering suggestions to those of you that would rather complain and tell me
    I can't do what i did.

What are you??? 4 years old????
    04-22-17 06:48 AM
    Here's the issue. The last update reversed your Wi-Fi connections back to default deleting the passwords.
    So, what you're experiencing is your device trying to reconnect, disconnecting and so on and depending on how many settings you have ( I have two for my main router connections and two for guest.)it'll try the first and continue to each one.

Here's the solution. Open each connection One at a time and reenter the passwords (to each connection)
    Reboot your device and that'll do it!!
    The OP mentioned it was their Cellular service, perhaps a quicker test would be to shut off WiFi, then see how the Cellular works, if Cellular still in and out and WiFi has been connected, WiFi would be irrelevant. But heck who knows you could be correct but don't be so certain that what you had is what they have. Another quick test would be to turn off Cellular and use just WiFi to see if WiFi is going in and out or not or also. I'd also suggest to OP to obtain a new Sim card too. I've owned 3 BBPPOG's and now one BBPPSE and none have had this issue, nor any issue other than bogging down and then I do a Wipe and reinstall everything fresh and this has always worked for me. If the OP is near a Carrier store he could also take the phone there and see what they can test also! But bottom line your suggest as well as all are welcome because these smart phones can be dumb and who knows what's affecting what. I think where your upsetting others is coming off as yours is 'THE' solution.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    04-22-17 07:01 AM
    I've tried to be very clear that I'm just "offering suggestions." And just saying "what worked for me.'
    I got caught up with being told I don't know what I'm doing and no 0ne should put anyone else in a position where they have to defend themselves.
    In all my years here helping hundred of people solve issues...this is the first time anyone has had the audacity to call someone a liar!

Anyway, ER, you make some very good points and offer some thoughtful ideas. Thank you for getting us back on track!
    EndRacism likes this.
    04-22-17 07:22 AM
    I'd love to stay and feel sorry for myself but.... I seem to be the only one offering suggestions to those of you that would rather complain and tell me
    I can't do what i did.

What are you??? 4 years old????
    The things is, your "solutions" have nothing to do with the stated problems. Stick around and pat yourself on the back all you want for "helping" but it's the same thing if I went to a cancer victim forum and told them they'd be cured if they stand on their head and scream.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-17 11:36 AM
    The things is, your "solutions" have nothing to do with the stated problems. Stick around and pat yourself on the back all you want for "helping" but it's the same thing if I went to a cancer victim forum and told them they'd be cured if they stand on their head and scream.

Posted via CB10
    Let it go. You're right! I don't have a clue. I don't even own a cell phone. and a computer?? hell, you couldn't GIVE me one.
    I have a 13 inch TV with rabbit ears and I get about 4 channels, on a good day.

My name is really Sally Ann and I'm from Kansas! My twin sister is my only friend and she types what I'm saying.

Now, quit picking on me or I'm gonna tell.
    Is the "sos" Network issue with Passpost fixed?-large2.gif
    04-22-17 12:35 PM
    I was pretty sure the problem was caused by the heat generating from the phone. But did not know that the solder is the culprit. Interesting

Posted via CB10
    04-22-17 10:58 PM
    Well I am a smug person cos I took out the $5 per month insurance direct with BB so if this happens, it's covered. Boom. #smug #dontwantittohappen #really #idont

Love my PPSE - trade it for KeyOne?
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    04-23-17 10:54 AM
    Passport will not connect to the carrier network. Anyone got this figured out yet.
    04-21-18 08:35 PM
    Passport will not connect to the carrier network. Anyone got this figured out yet.
    Check APN setting if it's set correctly. When I fresh security wipe, APN setting wasn't correct.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-18 01:04 AM
    hello
    I have the same problem in open spaces it can pick up the signal but unfortunately inside an office or building it displays "emergency call only"
    Do you have an idea?
    Thanks for advance
    07-31-18 05:45 AM
    Look like there is an issue with the APN setting.
    Just hit load APN defaults, then go into and out of airplane mode...and we're back
    … fortunately for me event if the trick is working its not holding for long time and the issue is coming back.

Anyone could figure out what's the real issue; hardware, software, carrier ??
    08-22-18 04:26 PM
    It's a known Passport issue. No permanent fix for it. Still usable but mostly as a WiFi-only device.
    08-22-18 05:51 PM
    It's a known Passport issue. No permanent fix for it. Still usable but mostly as a WiFi-only device.
    Well, so much for those who brag all day about the Passport's supreme build quality and bash the TCL-made Droidberrys...

Has man ever made every single unit of a product perfect?
    08-23-18 02:14 AM
    Look like there is an issue with the APN setting.
    Just hit load APN defaults, then go into and out of airplane mode...and we're back
    … fortunately for me event if the trick is working its not holding for long time and the issue is coming back.

Anyone could figure out what's the real issue; hardware, software, carrier ??
    I only seldom get this when I am in US, but it gets easily solved if I restart the phone.
    Cannot be hardware problem. If it were, it would be all the time and with all carriers.
    It might poorly written software code, as often the case.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-18 05:31 PM
65 123