Sooo.... No passport for us Verizon folk? Have to say... I'm extremely disappointed. I was trying to stay positive, and was hoping for a nice surprise today... I don't understand why Verizon wouldn't have been included (I think verizon has the largest number of customers)?!

-RYknow
    Kathryn Brickell likes this.
    09-24-14 03:33 PM
    Sooo.... No passport for us Verizon folk? Have to say... I'm extremely disappointed. I was trying to stay positive, and was hoping for a nice surprise today... I don't understand why Verizon wouldn't have been included (I think verizon has the largest number of customers)?!

-RYknow
    I know, I am disappointed too as are a few other Verizon users I know. The device we were able to order (now sold out) won't work on Verizon's network either. Hopefully, even with an AT&T exclusive, we'll have a better time frame for release, or at least the ability to buy the Verizon variant direct from ShopBB (highly unlikely IMO)

I hope there is only a short lag between AT&T and other carrier availability... a month sounds reasonable and realistic
    09-24-14 03:42 PM
    Looks like Verizon is throwing their support behind the Classic instead. Going forward they probably only see value in BlackBerry providing the Bold and the Classic (I'm sure they will discontinue the Q10 once the classic comes out).

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:43 PM
    Looks like Verizon is throwing their support behind the Classic instead. Going forward they probably only see value in BlackBerry providing the Bold and the Classic (I'm sure they will discontinue the Q10 once the classic comes out).

Posted via CB10
    I sincerely hope that isn't the case- I don't want the Classic at all... I might get it for my gf to get her back to BlackBerry s
    TheBlkGuyFrmWrk likes this.
    09-24-14 03:54 PM
    VZW here as well. Picked up my z10 when the store opened on launch. I am deeply frustrated by this. Please, please come to Verizon!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 04:01 PM
    Well f**k me...so much for that.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 04:07 PM
    Yeah. The wife has been asking me all day when is the Passport available. She wants if so bad that she had one in her cart at Shop BlackBerry. I broke the news to her that it wouldn't work in VZW. [sad face]

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 04:15 PM
    To be perfectly honest, I'm not a very happy Verizon customer to begin with... But they have me by the ****s. Where I live (New Hampshire), there is really only two carriers with decent service. US Cellular and Verizon. Both CDMA. I'd jump ship in a heartbeat for the passport... But ATT doesn't have the best service in my area...

The worst part about it... I've talked a co-worker into getting the Passport as well. She's been a die-hard galaxy user. She's now pretty upset... but having never used a Blackberry the decision is easy... and I quote..."Well... guess I'll get my sweet new Galaxy"

On another note... who should I be pissed at?! Blackberry for not making a CDMA version... or Verizon for not carrying it?! What is the "chain of command" so to speak? Does Blackberry go to carriers and say, "hey...we have this phone.. here are some specs... will you support it?" Or does Blackberry just make a CDMA version and offer it to CDMA carriers?

-RYknow
    09-24-14 04:19 PM
    Very disappointing indeed. Was hoping to retire my Z10 (got it at launch) with the Passport and may have to rethink devices now.
    09-24-14 04:23 PM
    + 1
    09-24-14 04:27 PM
    Same boat here. Sad between VZW retiring the Z30 (which I wanted) and now no Passport and no new BB phones on the horizon I am rethinking devices too.
    09-24-14 04:27 PM
    Very disappointing indeed. Was hoping to retire my Z10 (got it at launch) with the Passport and may have to rethink devices now.
    My exact situation.... Don't get me wrong... I LOVE my z10...specially with the 10.3 leak... but the passport was my next phone...I made my mind up awhile ago. I had my heart set on it, and it was the obvious progression for a Blackberry fan... Totally disappointed...

And is it just me, or does it seem like not bringing the Passport to verizon is a big mistake?! Aside from upsetting verizon customers, the passport has all the hype... and has for awhile now. I've been reading articles everywhere. Reading positive things about this phone... For the first time in a long time, I could read articles about Blackberry that weren't doom and gloom. But now.... the phone "everyone" has been talking about (blackberry's saving grace so to speak) isn't even offered on the US's largest network?! I just can't wrap my head around this?!

-RYknow
    Reed Richards likes this.
    09-24-14 04:32 PM
    So its confirmed no Verizon? Then which carriers?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    09-24-14 04:35 PM
    So its confirmed no Verizon? Then which carriers?
    Looks like AT&T exclusive.

-RYknow
    09-24-14 04:37 PM
    +1, just because...
    09-24-14 04:37 PM
    Add me to the list of disappointed Verizon subscribers.
    09-24-14 04:38 PM
    Aww I was hoping for tmobile horrid service here in Florida but WiFi unleashed had me sold

09-24-14 04:38 PM
    Can anyone tell me the difference between quad band LTE and FD-LTE? looking at the specs provided, the passort has all four of the "quad LTE" bands under thier FD-LTE.(3,7,8 and 20). if they are the same then shouldnt we be able to use it on verizon? maybe there is only one phone model available (would save on production cost).
    09-24-14 04:50 PM
    I'm very disappointed myself! Although I love my Z30 I was looking forward to the passport on big red!!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 04:56 PM
    Can anyone tell me the difference between quad band LTE and FD-LTE? looking at the specs provided, the passort has all four of the "quad LTE" bands under thier FD-LTE.(3,7,8 and 20). if they are the same then shouldnt we be able to use it on verizon? maybe there is only one phone model available (would save on production cost).
    Saw this posted on Reddit.

They won't activate a phone that hasn't been approved. Only work around is you put a previously activated sim in the Passport, but you'll only get LTE (if your area gets band 13), you get no voice, you get no texts, basically nothing will really work. The Passport is devoid of any CDMA internals.
    Makes me a sad fish, as I have Verizon too.
    -RYknow
    09-24-14 05:01 PM
    I really hate Verizon right now lol

09-24-14 05:04 PM

-RYknow
    Heyyyy that's me.

But yes it's true. Just like the Nexus 7 LTE, despite having Verizon hardware support, they wouldn't activate the tablet because it wasn't Verizon branded or approved. The only work around was to take an old activated SIM (preferably one for a different Verizon tablet) and put it in the Nexus 7.

Same thing with this Passport. They will not activate a SIM with the Passport. You can, however, put an old activated SIM card in it.

Unfortunately you'll only get LTE data, but if you reach an area with no LTE or spotty coverage, you'll lose connection completely. You will not be able to use voice, or even VoLTE, because Verizon approves the phones that can access VoLTE. Bad situation for us VZW subscribers):
    09-24-14 05:10 PM

They won't activate a phone that hasn't been approved. Only work around is you put a previously activated sim in the Passport, but you'll only get LTE (if your area gets band 13), you get no voice, you get no texts, basically nothing will really work. The Passport is devoid of any CDMA internals.
    Makes me a sad fish, as I have Verizon too.

-RYknow
    The problem with that workaround is that any of us BlackBerry users will have to cut down our micro SIM cards to fit the Passport's nano SIM slot. And then it be tricky to place the now-cut-up SIM back in our existing VZW BlackBerry devices if we decided we needed to make calls after all!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:11 PM
    Heyyyy that's me.
    Ohh man! I wasn't trying to take credit! Thought it was a great explanation!

-RYknow
    09-24-14 05:13 PM
    Wait didn't a law get passed that says companies like Verizon along with any other carrier has to allow phones to run on each others networks? If they are able to that is

09-24-14 05:14 PM
247 123 ...