So I received the BB Passport last week and so far I love it. I've heard many people speaking of the great battery life however I can't say the same......

My battery lasts under 24 hours with minimal usage even with low brightness. This morning I did not even use my passport whatsoever yet it drained over 40% in the duration of 2 hours....I was sitting in class and the phone felt somewhat hot. Leave class 2 hours later to find that the battery at 30%
    Something wrong with my passport software or battery, please help-7514fb2b78.png

Is there any way I can find whats wrong? Or is this a battery/hardware problem?
    System using 37% seems unusually considering usually it's the display that uses the most.
    10-20-14 01:28 PM
    Hard-reset? did you do a restore?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 01:33 PM
    System could be anything, can you do a cpu screenshot to see which app is using the phone the most? What are your polling rates set at on your emails and apps? Were you in a bad signal area??
    10-20-14 01:43 PM
    So I received the BB Passport last week and so far I love it. I've heard many people speaking of the great battery life however I can't say the same......

My battery lasts under 24 hours with minimal usage even with low brightness. This morning I did not even use my passport whatsoever yet it drained over 40% in the duration of 2 hours....I was sitting in class and the phone felt somewhat hot. Leave class 2 hours later to find that the battery at 30%
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7514fb2b78.png 
Views:	522 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	307787

Is there any way I can find whats wrong? Or is this a battery/hardware problem?
    System using 37% seems unusually considering usually it's the display that uses the most.
    I found a similar issue with my battery performance and it took me a couple of days and found that Blend was the culprit. Once I disabled Blend battery life went back to normal.
    10-20-14 01:46 PM
    Attached are cpu snapshots. I was in a classroom so quite possibly bad signal hover I've never had this problem with any other phone

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 01:47 PM
    10-20-14 01:55 PM
    You have some kind of abnormal CPU usage and battery drainage at around 8:00 AM which could mean several things:

1. You have an application that was written poorly and runs in the background, you won't see it in the CPU top users list. Try uninstalling apps (one by one) that should work in background, maybe one of them is a trouble maker.
    2. You battery drainage sensor isn't calibrated, which means you need to "reset" it. Try draining the battery to 0% and wait until it shuts down. Hard reset your BB and charge it for around 8 hours.
    3. As far as I know BB indexes your files so your could search them much faster later on, which means it "waits" for your phone to be "idle" and you don't use it, and then it starts to index the files. This process should occur only over the first period of use (2 weeks tops). The indexing process takes a lot of CPU and disk writes/reads which would drain your battery very fast.

Did it happen again? if not, just leave it alone for now.

Anyway, check your apps, update your firmware and try to totally drain your battery with a hard reset, it usually works.
    10-20-14 02:06 PM
    I had a similar issue with my Z30 yesterday. The hard reset had no effect. I backed up my phone and then was going to reinstall the OS but went to bed after the back up because it took almost an hour. I recharged the battery overnight and it is back to normal today. The backup and also reinstall of the OS were suggestions from a different thread. I don't know if the backup helped or if it just fixed itself, but it's now back to it's old normal self. If you keep having the issue, I'd try the backup and reinstalling the OS as the next things to try.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 04:28 PM