So, I am sitting at my desk, my Amazon unlocked PassPort (launch device) is sitting on a shelf. I pick it up to check back on an email that I had not responded to earlier in the day. When I pick it up, it is alarmingly hot in the top right corner in the area of the power and volume buttons. I unlock the phone and swipe to the HUB, and it's a black screen. 70% battery life looks about normal for this time of day, so I swipe to BBVE to see what might be running hard. BBVE opens to a black screen. Check other apps, the all open to a black screen! Tried to restart and no go. So I do a hard reset (volume up?down). that works and the phone comes up no problems. There were no open tiles. I only have a couple of Android apps, not running. I don't know what happened!!! The phone feels pretty cool now, but wow it was hot!

So, the strange thing. The email I was going to respond to was from my employers IT dept. They were wanting me to pick my new phone, iPhone 5s or 6. They dropped BB a while back and tried to go Android and gave me one at the time. (Now they are pushing iOS because it is more trouble free I guess.) I didn't like the droid so I've been buying my own BB10 phones and using the companies sim ever since with active sync.

Either my Passport was upset about being replaced, warning not to ditch it or self destructing at the thought of being replaced by an iPhone. I'm going to request status quo for now. I really prefer BB10 for my work phone.
    07-22-15 08:45 PM
    That area (right top) heats up in my case also if I run Android Apps. Once it happened with native app also. It was an app which vibrates when a call gets connected. I deleted that app and still showing in Device Monitor, battery tab. Finally after restarting, that annoyance gone.

Stranger things do happen on Passport!
    07-23-15 03:20 AM
    Exact same response happened with my girlfriend when my buddies told me it was time to switch.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    07-23-15 03:34 AM
    Seems to be the area where the ram and storage are located. I've seen that area heat up on mine with an intense android app running.
    07-23-15 09:42 AM
    OS problem, i always feel that 10.3.1 is more stable

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 09:54 AM