How does anyone know for sure if it wasn't sent through CDMA FCC testing? If this guy is right then we all should know it's not coming to Verizon. True or false

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    09-22-14 11:27 AM
    A link would be nice...

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 11:30 AM
    A link would be nice...

Posted via CB10
    It's in this forum under the story of passport being $599

Just some guy commented that the CDMA version never went through FCC testing. That would explain if it's coming to Verizon.

09-22-14 11:31 AM
    09-22-14 11:33 AM
    you posted the blog story. where is the actual quote about the FCC?
    09-22-14 11:38 AM
    you posted the blog story. where is the actual quote about the FCC?
    I think that's what he's asking about too.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 11:49 AM
    Checked FCC website. Only the two P9983 models and the one GSM Passport model have been recently certified by the FCC.

However, that's only the publicly available listings.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 11:53 AM
    Did the iPhone 6 with a CDMA chip go through the FCC? Or did the the iPhone only get built with all the chips in it.

I only ask because someone said that he iPhone 6 supports voLTE now.
    09-22-14 12:06 PM
    Checked FCC website. Only the two P9983 models and the one GSM Passport model have been recently certified by the FCC.

However, that's only the publicly available listings.

Posted via CB10
    So just because it's not listed does not mean it didn't happen your saying. BlackBerry and the FCC can make something private?

09-22-14 02:40 PM
    So just because it's not listed does not mean it didn't happen your saying. BlackBerry and the FCC can make something private?

Here's an example application (GSM Passport) :https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...id=L6ARGY180LW

BlackBerry sent everything to the FCC on July 30. Most of it is available the same day they sent it in. However, photos of the device itself and of the user manual are hidden until October 20, and internal diagrams are under permanent confidentiality.

So the Verizon Passport might just be under short term confidentiality.

Posted via CB10
    baspeed likes this.
    09-22-14 02:50 PM
    Thurask is right that there is nothing on the FCC's Equipment Authorization Search website today about any CDMA Passport.

Note that the latest Porsche Design phone was submitted to FCC on August 18 and Approved on September 11. There is a lag even if the website is unclear. Gsm Passport was submitted on June 20 and approved on July 30.

Search results are approvals, not pending applications.

Applications can only be tracked if you know the application number. If there is a CDMA Passport application, we can't track it because we don't know the application number (called a Form 731 Confirmation Number) .

All we know is that it has not yet been approved.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 04:03 PM
    Phone description from all the FCC entries with labels matching the Passport
    Mobile phone with GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/1900, WCDMA/HSPA FDD 2, 4, 5, LTE Bands 2, 4, 5, 13, 17, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth, NFC, FM Radio and GPS.

Description from all the FCC entries that go along with the 9983
    Mobile phone with GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/1900, WCDMA/HSPA FDD 2, 5, 6, LTE Bands 2, 4, 5, 17, 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth, NFC, FM Radio and GPS.

LTE band 13 I'm reading is one of the Verizon Wireless LTE bands . What are the chances that the Passport is a one-model superphone like the iPhones are now? Seems like that would be better than having models for different regions, and goes along with Mr. Chen saying it will be available right away. Those are signs of a big launch!

Always a fun place to kill a few minutes when this stuff is happening: https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...ericSearch.cfm
    09-22-14 04:31 PM
    Thank you for the replys. It would be sad not to see a verizon version and I find it hard to believe we won't see a Passport on Verizon. What scared me was the retiring of the z30 on the giant carrier.

09-22-14 07:51 PM
    Thank you for the replys. It would be sad not to see a verizon version and I find it hard to believe we won't see a Passport on Verizon. What scared me was the retiring of the z30 on the giant carrier.

According to the OS there's supposed to be a SQW100-2 for Verizon, so at least Verizon users have that.

Sprint users have even less to look forward to.
    baspeed likes this.
    09-22-14 08:09 PM
    Just because it hasn't went through FCC means nothing. I've seen plenty of android phones announced but didn't see them pass through FCC until days or weeks later.

Also everyone said the classic was coming to VZW, did a cdma version pass through FCC on it? If so then chances r VZW won't get the passport. If neither of them have then chances r were still in luck, I'm on VZW and praying we get the passport.
    09-22-14 08:17 PM
    I do not remember seeing WCDMA listed on GSMArena before. I defiantly see CDMA listed for the iPhone on that site but not WCDMA.
    09-22-14 08:37 PM
    I am not claiming I know anything but about these FCC filings but I am see a bunch of new submissions on 9-11-2014. I am also seeing the date of 10-26-2014 of when user manuals, pictures, etc are made public.

Of course being made public by the FCC doesn't mean much as it could be possible to have the phone in your hand before the FCC is allowed to release a photo or manual. At that point you would think that others around the globe would already have the user manual available.
    INCREMENTAL likes this.
    09-22-14 08:53 PM