Just thought I'd share my story here..
    My wife, who's been using a Z10 (personal) and a Galaxy Win (work) for 2 years had finally decided to get a new phone. So I suggested the Priv, considering she needs apps. She thought it was too big and somewhat expensive. Eventually she decided on the Galaxy S7 (the regular flat version). I bought one for her under the condition that I get to play with it for a whole week.

It's been 4 days since I made the S7 my daily driver, and I can definitely see myself owning and using one - battery life is good, I've encountered no lags with several apps open and simple multitasking, both cameras are superb, and of course the social media apps I use are more fluid.

However, after 4 days, I'm already wanting to go back to my Passport which I've used for a year and a half now. The display of the S7 is indeed excellent, but the colors are too bright and punchy for me. I prefer the warmer display of the Passport. Multitasking/going in & out of apps is a simpler experience on the Passport, although it's fine with the recent apps button on the S7. As for apps, I didn't upgrade my Facebook app last March or April, so I still have Hub integration, and if I wanted to check my Facebook acct, I just use the Browser. For Instagram, I use Igrann and it's fine. Of course there's BBM, where I have very few contacts, but I still really enjoy because of Channels. For games, I have several including racing, adventure and shooter games. I used to play Clash of Clans but I got bored with it.

And so at this point I'd just like to share some positive & negative things about the Passport.
    Negatives:
    - Facebook chats sometimes don't load that fast in the Hub, and sometimes I have to open the chat first to see the new messages load
    - Camera (of course) - still images are great, but it's too slow to focus. Also, front cam images are too grainy.
    - Igrann posts don't link with Facebook even if I'd already turned that option on.

Positives:
    - The ability to use YouTube as a music player, meaning I can turn the display off and go in and out of the Browser without the video pausing. On the S7, I tried using the Samsung browser, Chrome and the YouTube app itself and videos pause when I turn off the display and when I go out of the app.
    - Mute/pause button. I find myself using this often. It's such a simple feature especially in relation to the abovementioned positive.
    - Stereo speakers. They're loud and quality is good. I still want to try a Z30 though because its speakers have gotten many good reviews.
    - There's still a lot, but all of that has been mentioned many times already (capacitive pkb, kb shortcuts, etc.)

That's it. Sorry for the long post.. =)

Posted via CB10
    PhamQuocAnh likes this.
    06-22-16 07:29 AM
    Thanks for the comparison. hope you settle on one you like.
    06-22-16 07:52 AM
    The Passport is also my go-to device. I've been putting it down and picking it up a few times, but seriously just after a while, I would be bored of the device that I'm using and going back to the Passport.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport - 1st one in Vietnam
    anon(8050899) likes this.
    06-22-16 09:18 AM
    Same situation here, I got mine from my brother last September, and had been putting it down and picking it up again along with iphone and android phones. For some reason, the Passport feels special due to its OS and hardware design. Here in Hong Kong, where people change their smartphones like a fashion piece, the Passport always get people's attention- it's so rare that I have only seen one other using it!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 07:51 PM
    Nice to know there are other people that feel the same..

When I put my sim from the S7 back to my Passport, my hands felt like they were home.. =)

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 10:59 PM
    Z30's speakers are impressive. I thought the passport would be unbeatable but having both devices you can tell the difference.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 02:38 AM