Anyone get Snapchat to work on their Passport with BB 10.3.1.1865? I downloaded from SNAP, but it says I need oogle Play services to get it to run. Any way I can bypass that? Alternatively, is there a client or version that does work with BB? Thanks
    04-26-15 01:43 PM
    It's not the Google Play services you really need to worry about. Snapchat is pretty much dead for platforms they don't support. (Windows Phone and BlackBerry 10 ) While some people have luck using the older version, it's not working for EVERYONE, especially now. Those who are logged in seem to be able to use it but people wishing to login / create account now are rather out of luck.
    04-26-15 02:10 PM
    It's not the Google Play services you really need to worry about. Snapchat is pretty much dead for platforms they don't support. (Windows Phone and BlackBerry 10 ) While some people have luck using the older version, it's not working for EVERYONE, especially now. Those who are logged in seem to be able to use it but people wishing to login / create account now are rather out of luck.
    I see. Thanks for the info.
    04-26-15 02:32 PM
    Blaze do you see any work around to this in the future?? Very frustrating
    04-26-15 06:55 PM
    Get an android or iToy
    nah.uhh likes this.
    04-26-15 06:57 PM
    Get an android or iToy
    Yup. We enterprise around here. BlackBerry don't do consumer communications.

Lol, share a video? Are you joking? That childish stuff has no place in enterprise.. which is why our devices don't record in less than 720p. *sarcasm*

It's hard to believe just how confused BlackBerry is.
    These "enterprise" devices suck at communications.. they can make calls, type and text. Besides that, not much. Pre 2010, this may have been enough to say you did an adequate job handling communications. Now, the majority of the world has moved to communicating visually, via video and photos.

The BlackBerry10 world has no idea, because we've been... unable to record using resolutions (144/240-480p) that can be easily shared..
    I can however, record videos using my 9900, 9810 or PlayBook, bluetooth them to my passport and share them over BBM that way... lol

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    Last edited by nah.uhh; 04-26-15 at 07:52 PM.
    04-26-15 07:31 PM
    Get an android or iToy
    No need to be a smart ***
    04-26-15 08:02 PM
    Not really, there's several layers that would need to be addressed in order for it to even work.

1) Google Play Services would need to be removed or play better.
    2) Snapchat would need to take the stick out their arse and allow non-supported devices to run the app.

2 is summed up as short as possible, but they're doing several device checks that lock people out.
    04-26-15 10:20 PM
    Not really, there's several layers that would need to be addressed in order for it to even work.

2 is summed up as short as possible, but they're doing several device checks that lock people out.
    I don't understand why they would even care? Isn't the name of the game getting more users? Makes no logical sense to me.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 10:24 PM
    any news on the snapchat issue? my kid is making me mental wanting snapchat on her phone..........i cant get a working snapchat app on her bb10
    05-12-15 10:43 PM
    I don't understand why they would even care? Isn't the name of the game getting more users? Makes no logical sense to me.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, getting more users would be the name of the game. However, they need to keep their app "secure" too. Their whole concept relies on the "impression" of people that the Snaps they sent are only temporary and will not be stored in anyway.

Thus providing Public APIs are a big No. Now for making their own apps for other platforms, the user base of BB10 and WP is too small for them to justify building an app for it. Take note that they need to continuously modify their app to prevent against reverse engineering, which already happened and a ton of pictures where released. So maintenance of their apps is pretty high.

I know some of you might say why not they just port their own Android app over to BB10? I think that app and even Snapchat as a company itself is too invested on the Android platform. And from a business perspective it does make sense.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 12:26 AM