Hi All,
    I am a little bit confused. I use Passport for a week now (I used Q10 before and bolds 9000, 9700 and 9900 in the past). I just encouraged myself enough to install snap (with combination of BB extension and chrome). After that Instagram has been installed. Working like a charm.

Should I expect all apps to work so smoothly? What about performance and battery? Does using of snap affect battery or performance in any way?

Thanks in advance,
    Danijel
    09-21-15 01:14 AM
    Which version of Snapchat working on you?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 02:58 AM
    Which version of Snapchat working on you?

Posted via CB10
    Joshua, I am talking about Snap, not snapchat.

Danijel
    09-21-15 04:24 AM
    Should I expect all apps to work so smoothly? What about performance and battery? Does using of snap affect battery or performance in any way?
    It really depends on the App. Well developed apps and those not using google play services work really well.

However there are apps that won't start at all or are unusable without google play services installed. There is a way to delete the necessity for google play services, but it's not as convenient as a simple install via snap and there is no guarantee that the app will work that way.

Another thing is the right management of Android apps. It is not possible to control the rights of Android apps under BB10 just the way you probably know it from legacy and native apps... So keep that in mind while trying your luck with Android apps.

One last thing: Snap does not influence battery life nor performance. So don't be worried. And for Android apps you can at least stop them running in the background if you don't like them to do so, via the App management settings in OS10.
    dcrncec likes this.
    09-21-15 04:46 AM
    Igrann is much better as u can press n for next photo, p for previous, t for going back tot the top, r for refreshing....etc

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 04:57 AM
    Joshua, I am talking about Snap, not snapchat.

Danijel
    Sorry, my mistake... me and my friend are having discussion about Snapchat when I happened to read your post... I thought, there is already new version working on it...

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 04:58 AM
    It really depends on the App. Well developed apps and those not using google play services work really well.

However there are apps that won't start at all or are unusable without google play services installed. There is a way to delete the necessity for google play services, but it's not as convenient as a simple install via snap and there is no guarantee that the app will work that way.

Another thing is the right management of Android apps. It is not possible to control the rights of Android apps under BB10 just the way you probably know it from legacy and native apps... So keep that in mind while trying your luck with Android apps.

One last thing: Snap does not influence battery life nor performance. So don't be worried. And for Android apps you can at least stop them running in the background if you don't like them to do so, via the App management settings in OS10.
    Thanks Markus. This is very selfexplaining. As I consider myself as relatively simple user , I do not have idea to run whatever on phone as I can accept limitations of BB10 and live with tham. To have Instagram is just "nice to have" not "must have". I pretty much got anything I need form BlackBerry World but it is nice to know there is kind of alternative.

Danijel
    09-21-15 05:33 AM
    It really depends on the app. Just because BB10 can run android apps it doesn't mean it does it well.

I use around 5 different android apps with varying levels of success. For example I use the BBC News app but the capacitive keyboard scrolling works in the opposite way.

For instagram, I prefer the android version over insta10 or ingrann.

Posted via CB10
    dcrncec likes this.
    09-21-15 08:20 AM
    It really depends on the app. Just because BB10 can run android apps it doesn't mean it does it well.

I use around 5 different android apps with varying levels of success. For example I use the BBC News app but the capacitive keyboard scrolling works in the opposite way.

For instagram, I prefer the android version over insta10 or ingrann.

Posted via CB10
    Understood that.
    I also prefere Android version as Insta10 and Ingrann are somewhat slow...
    09-21-15 09:04 AM
    I use Google Play and so far all the apps I've loaded on my passport run just fine. In comparison, my older Q10 barely runs the android apps I need.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    09-22-15 02:06 PM
    How do you use Google Play?

danijel

PS
    My PP just restarted itself all of th sudden...
    Last edited by dcrncec; 09-23-15 at 03:03 AM.
    09-23-15 02:24 AM