I am having troubles downloading snap on my passport (I am trying to get snap because I need google play services)
    Problems that are facing me everytime
    Snap bar is for 10.2 or above so I am not sure if it is going to work with the 10.3 software
    I downloaded the google chrome BP and every time I add my IPV4 number and write my device's password it gives me a screen saying retrieving your list then asks me for the password again (an endless loop)
    Is there any step by step way for me to get the google play services and snap as well

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 07:26 AM
    Google play services will never work on BB10. As for snap, you can get install instructions by searching via google.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    01-31-15 07:35 AM
    Download the Google play store using cobalts instructions. No pc required.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 07:47 AM
    Snap bar is for 10.2 or above so I am not sure if it is going to work with the 10.3 software
    Snap works just fine on 10.3 & 10.3.1. Install Google Chrome Browser, then search extensions for the BB10 / Playbook App Manager and add that extension. Now turn on Development Mode on your BlackBerry, set a password, and connect it via USB to your PC. Start Google Chrome browser, add the device Ip (169.254.0.1 usually) and click "Manage your device". Click the "ignore security warning" tab, enter your Black Berry's password, and you're in. Then take the Snap bar you downloaded and drag it into the little window on the upper right corner of the screen. You'll see an install progress status in the upper left of the screen, and it will say "Success" in green when it's finished. Disconnect your BB, reboot it, and then find & click on Snap. Log in with a gmail account, and you can now search for apps.

As for Google Play, check out This Thread for details on how to get it to work.
    Last edited by PJD642; 01-31-15 at 07:49 AM. Reason: added google play info
    edi_man and andy957 like this.
    01-31-15 07:47 AM
    I downloaded the cobalt google play services apk and now I have an icon that says google play services so is that it? Plus there is also something called patcher so do I need to download that too and why?
    One last thing google chrome is not working on my device all I see is a black blank screen then it shuts down on it's own so any help please
    Thanks in advance guys you were of a great help to me

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 04:34 PM
    I followed every step you said but unfortunately it doesn't work
    I added the extension wrote the password and pressed log in
    And a new page showed up with the message retreive list of installed apps from bb10 then I was back again to the log in page

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 07:34 PM
    Thank you guys I uninstalled chrome and reinstalled back and everything is fine now

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 07:52 PM