Anyone else having temperamental issues with their phone since updating to 10.3.2.2836?? Some days it's fine, other days it is a slow, glitchy mess! Very frustrating as there is no pattern to it.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 04:32 PM
    It's been like this for me for months. It happens every day.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 11:17 AM
    Mine was a slow, glitchy mess from day one. Including random reboots. Send it back is my advice.
    05-11-16 11:47 AM
    me too. I got rid of as much google/droid crap as I could. but it is intermittent.
    05-11-16 06:54 PM
    I talked to a couple guy today that has a q10. His resets intermittently lately as well (no pattern to it). He uses no android apps at all. So it seems to lean towards being OS related. Hopefully they get the new updates out sooner than later. Didn't they say by June?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 08:43 PM
    yeah, once youre accustomed to the fast flow of BB10 it really sucks when the functionality is interrupted. hoping for a fix soon too. my wife hates the priv after breaking her z30 and i cant figure out how to use it.
    05-12-16 05:21 PM
    So yesterday I got a notification for a 350MB update. Same OS number (10.3.2.2836). Anyway, long story short. No freezing or sluggishness since. It's only been 16ish hours though...

I didn't see anything on crackberry about them rolling out os updates, so I'm not too sure what happened.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 08:45 AM
    My BlackBerry World Apps are working fine without any Problems.

But some of My Droid Apps are starting to freeze. And sometimes just stopped working

BlackBerry  Passport Silver Edition  CB App
    05-15-16 02:49 AM
    redownloading has been a carrier issue. its a rare case and has been happening for three years. att problem.

In fact there are many problems that people have with their phones that are carrier and NSA related. Dont forget its a government tracking device too.
    05-15-16 12:19 PM
    It's an Government Tracking Device? Oo

BlackBerry  Passport Silver Edition  CB App
    05-15-16 12:24 PM
    I got some freeze -two exactly - but nothing to worry

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 10:33 PM
    I too got the notification for the same update but since the update, my BlackBerry Passport SE had restarted twice within the day....
    05-29-16 09:59 PM
    My Passport has been randomly resetting, screen going black, slowdown, freezing, requiring reboots. Even a hard reset didn't fix it the first time, but after a second hard reset, it seems to be working better.

What's the deal? Is this standard for BB10 now? Because it's unreliable for the first time.

edit Had to do another hard reset/simulated battery pull. So it's at least daily. I dont think the hardware is to blame if the reset fixes everything for a time. Maybe need to run the latest autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 05-30-16 at 08:23 AM.
    05-29-16 10:06 PM
    by backlight is going up and down as I navigate the UI, brighter and dimmer than ive ever seen it before. so strange, just switched to this all of a sudden, i'll hard reset and it'll act fine...again for a few hours

when I switched the screen in my passport, i'm worried I screwed something up. I used a grounded bracelet and was clean about my disassembly and repair...and a hard reset fixes everything for most of the day...so what is going on?

so strange. haunted phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 02:58 PM
    So I think I found a work around or temp fix for the freezing and glitches...

The culprit for me seems to be an something from android. I assume an app, but not sure. Anyway here is a way to shut down the android runtime and keep it off until you need it.

Go to BlackBerry World->my world->my apps & games->installed. Scrolling down to the 'BlackBerry Runtime for Android' app. Select it and hit the open bar. It will open a runtime window that will say 'initializing, please wait...'. Leave it alone for about 15-20 seconds and the window will minimise. You can close it down now as the runtime is shutdown as well it will have forced all running and background android apps to shut down. Now if you don't open any android apps the runtime will remain off as well as all my installed android apps that do whatever they do in the background. Anyway, no freezes or glitches etc so far for 3 days. I still use android apps but when I'm done with them I just perform that routine to shut off the runtime and all is good.

Also I noticed my battery if amazing again now that I am running pure bb10. Down only 50% throughout the work day.

Also another helper I bookmarked the 'BlackBerry runtime for Android' app in BlackBerry world so it shows up right at the bottom of the app when you go into my world. Quicker access.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 07:58 PM