I have just noticed that Skype to Skype inbound and outbound calls have stopped working on the Passport and it seems not related to App version.

What I have tried:

Skype version from Play and Amazon
    Patched and Unpatched
    Different versions ie. 7.20, 7.19, 6.31

Issue manifests itself as it appears to caller that Skype is ringing but it never connects. If divert to phone is setup it does divert to phone after some time.

This is a major issue for me in my use of the Passport. Has anyone else come across this and knows how to resolve it?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 09:54 AM
    on my Z30 i had the same issue ,no updates no changes just stop connecting but it shows a missed call and that's when i decide to shut it off and use an android for now not very happy but iphone i don't like to much even with the 10 update that has some kind of bb10 looks
    i've got the hub and keyboard and that makes me stay with android
    10-19-16 10:06 AM
    I manage to resolve this myself. I had to go back to Skype version 5.11 from APKMirror and patch that before I found a version that worked for both inbound and outbound skype to skype calls.

For those who have the same problem you can download it from here

The password for the link share is: crackberry
    Last edited by JALUK; 10-19-16 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Typo
    rbtg likes this.
    10-19-16 12:36 PM
    I'm getting this issue too now... awful.
    I tried to install your version but I systematically get 'your phone has a later version of skype installed, please uninstall it and try again' even after I've uninstalled it.
    Not sure what to do at this point. Would hate to factory reset the phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 02:35 PM
    I manage to resolve this myself. I had to go back to Skype version 5.11 from APKMirror and patch that before I found a version that worked for both inbound and outbound skype to skype calls.

For those who have the same problem you can download it from here

The password for the link share is: crackberry
    To be more precise: your app won't install for some reason, and the error I posted above is when I get the same version off the Internet. What is this patched thing? Do I need to do anything special beforehand eg get Google services, etc?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 04:30 PM
    I'm getting this issue too now... awful.
    I tried to install your version but I systematically get 'your phone has a later version of skype installed, please uninstall it and try again' even after I've uninstalled it.
    Not sure what to do at this point. Would hate to factory reset the phone.

Posted via CB10
    What OS version are you on? If it's .2876, do you have the runtime fix from BB World installed?
    10-24-16 04:36 PM
    What OS version are you on? If it's .2876, do you have the runtime fix from BB World installed?
    Thank you sir, you saved my life. I hadn't thought of that. I now managed to install that patched version, and it works. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-16 08:37 AM
    Your version installed without a hitch, I'd never managed that since I can't patch apps on my Mac; thank you!
    10-25-16 10:53 AM
    Still works on my Passport.
    Version 6.1.0
    10-25-16 05:07 PM