Or just sign out when you are done, like I said previously.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 05:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Tried signing out.

Still drains the phone. It continues to use resources.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 11:02 PM
    Bull****

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 11:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Signing out doesn't help. It still continues to run in the background. Turning off notifications also doesn't work.
    Last edited by Matt J; 12-28-14 at 10:08 AM.
    12-28-14 08:33 AM
    Thanks, appreciate it. Although it's not too complicated to do, it sure is a hassle. The OS should never let this happen in the first place. I will wait for 10.3.1. or an updated version of Skype to come out, see if that corrects the problem.
    Not so hassle since nova launcher is an app itself just take two click to reach settings. In fact you could increase the android apps speed a little by force gpu rendering in "dev settings" so nova launcher actually a good management for android apps.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    12-28-14 10:04 AM
    Not so hassle since nova launcher is an app itself just take two click to reach settings. In fact you could increase the android apps speed a little by force gpu rendering in "dev settings" so nova launcher actually a good management for android apps.

It's not onerous, but we shouldn't have to do this in the first place. That was my main point.
    12-28-14 10:09 AM
    Happened to me when on official OS and never again on OS 10.3.1.1154.
    12-28-14 10:29 AM
    Bull****

Posted via CB10
    If you can prove what we are claiming is not accurate, please share your factual findings before claiming BS

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 05:21 PM
    A backup on Link or device shutdown/restart kills the android runtime. You can be sure Skype will be off after either/or. There are people suggesting setting changes (notifications, etc). If it's really that important to turn off Skype, do a restart and don't re-open Skype. It only takes a few minutes. I keep my Skype running all the time, but I also have the battery bundle for my Q10 so I regularly change batteries. I also make regular backups using Link. Whenever I make a backup or swap batteries, I restart Skype and have to wait 30 seconds to a minute for the android runtime to load so Skype will start. No big deal.
    12-28-14 06:11 PM
    Try androind task manager killer. To kill skype and remove background sync. I think it works for me...

Posted via My Sexy and Bold Passport CB10
    12-28-14 08:23 PM
    Try androind task manager killer. To kill skype and remove background sync. I think it works for me...

Posted via My Sexy and Bold Passport CB10
    It can kill app main process but it can't kill the server process which is not visible to task manager if not mistaken. Some apps run in background completely and some have separate process. Much like bb10 headless apps.

12-28-14 10:33 PM
    Not sure why Skype would be draining the battery for you. what version are you using?

I run it all day long, along with 10 other colleagues, and we have no issues.

Battery runs all day and night.
    12-30-14 12:07 AM
    I upgraded to a Passport (from a Z10 running 10.2.1.1337) a month ago. I don't recall seeing this issue on my Z10.

Since upgrading I've seen this issue a few times, most recently yesterday. The thing to note is that I haven't even used Skype on my Passport yet (beyond setting it up and verifying that it worked). Each time I have seen this, I have rebooted and the problem has gone away. Then, a few days or a week later my battery is draining faster than normal, I open device monitor only to see that Skype is at it again.

To be clear, there has been reboots between instances of this cropping up and I have not opened the Skype app.

As you can see in the attached picture, Skype is clearly the culprit. I rebooted the phone (this was around 15% remaining) and the graph flattened out a little bit (as Skype is no longer doing whatever it was doing).

I don't know if this is a Skype <--->10.3.0.1418 bug or what. Other people that are seeing this should comment on what OS version they are on. Also, I'm using the Skype version from BlackBerry World.

Skype:  Biggest battery drain there is.  Even when not running.-img_20141229_230705.png

Posted via CB10 from my Passport
    12-30-14 09:44 AM
    I had similar experience then I deleted Skype. Now I don't have that happening anymore.

Skype resides on my ipod touch

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 10:39 AM
39 12