Got my Passport today at Rogers. Took my sim card from my Q10 and can't put it into my Passport! It's too big for the slot

Does the Passport require a specialized (smaller) sim card?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 10:26 PM
    Pretty sure you can cut it down to fit if you wanted to, btw. There's some guides on google

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 10:30 PM
    Got my Passport today at Rogers. Took my sim card from my Q10 and can't put it into my Passport! It's too big for the slot

Posted via CB10
    Yes the Passport requires a nano SIM while Q10 has a micro SIM. You can cut down the SIM (the contacts real estate is exactly the same) but you need to be very careful because you do not want to cut too much. The risk is then to get the SIM stuck into the slot.

The alternative would be to ask the nano SIM to your carrier and purchase an adapter (you can find cheap and good ones on Amazon) so you can switch back and forth from the Q10

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 10:37 PM
    Yup, I cut mine down using a template and it works fine.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 10:40 PM
    Yes the Passport requires a nano SIM while Q10 has a micro SIM. You can cut down the SIM (the contacts real estate is exactly the same) but you need to be very careful because you do not want to cut too much. The risk is then to get the SIM stuck into the slot.

The alternative would be to ask the nano SIM to your carrier and purchase an adapter (you can find cheap and good ones on Amazon) so you can switch back and forth from the Q10

Posted via CB10
    So as an AT&T customer is there a consensus on how exactly to get a nano sim that will allow LTE and such? It would be perfect if I could switch back and forth between my Q10 and Passport with the same sim using an adapter....

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 10:48 PM
    So as an AT&T customer is there a consensus on how exactly to get a nano sim that will allow LTE and such? It would be perfect if I could switch back and forth between my Q10 and Passport with the same sim using an adapter....
    I bought one of those sim cutting tools off of Amazon and cut my working LTE micro sim from my Z10...it was cheap, worked perfectly and included an adapter so I can pop the cut sim back into the Z10 if needed. Still haven't contacted AT&T and I have solid LTE connectivity.
    10-21-14 10:53 PM
    Just go into a rogers store. It's 11 bucks and they'll give you the nano. They'll activate it and everything.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    10-21-14 11:05 PM
    Here's a template that you can print on an A4 size paper and cut along the lines to make your sim card compatible with the Passport:

http://www.gosoftworks.com/GoSoftWor.../nanosima4.pdf

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    10-21-14 11:43 PM
    Just go into a rogers store. It's 11 bucks and they'll give you the nano. They'll activate it and everything.

Posted via CB10
    Agree, save yourself the trouble and go to Rogers to pick up a nano sim.
    10-22-14 03:57 AM
    Face palm so hard
    Spawn12 and dietertong like this.
    10-22-14 03:59 AM
    My rogers passport came with a Nano. Refuse to pay for it. Ask them how you are suppose to use your phone with no sim card. You'll get one for free

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 04:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lmao

Did u not bother to find out what sort of sim card the Passport takes?? Pretty well known that the Passport takes a nano sim card LOL

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 04:31 AM
    Don't us a SIM card adapter in the Q10. You can break the sim reader if the adapter gets stuck. You can just slide the Nano SIM into the Q10, aligning it so it works.

As other said, go to Rogers and have them give you a Nano SIM, which they should have done when you got the phone from them. This is assuming your cellular service is through Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 04:54 AM
    Just go to the closest Rogers store and get a new sim card. They swapped mine for free.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 08:05 AM
    Just go to the closest Rogers store and get a new sim card. They swapped mine for free.

Posted via CB10
    I would also like to point out that with Rogers at least, as long as both SIMs are on the SAME account service, you can call customer care and have them "activate" either SIM. They can NOT be moved from one service to another, but they can be enabled and disabled on the single service at your request.
    10-22-14 08:54 AM