Ehm, no. My friends ordered Ubers at the same time as me. We were meeting up. It's a BB10 thing and frankly I've reached my fu@king limit with BlackBerry now. Adi�s!

Passport SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2876
    As I previously mentioned, it would rather seem the issue was on Uber's side, most likely some update or change on their m.uber webpage. I've checked and the mobile site is working again.

Granted, Android and iOS users didn't face the same problem as the apps probably work on different APIs to the mobile site.

Unfortunately, for BB10 the easiest methods to access Uber sometimes go down, like the mobile site, the Web wrappers found in BBW or the unpatched apk.

However, if you try using Cobalt's solution along with patching the Uber app, you'll get all the features found on Android. I believe this is because when you use the pre-patched by Cobalt Google Play Services, Uber's servers "think" you're using an Android phone, as opposed to when the unpatched Uber app is used solely.

If your needs require more apps, I do recommend the PRIV, I'm starting to like it quite a lot. Not as much as my Passport, but it's definitely a solid device running Marshmallow.

Posted with my mighty  PRIV by BlackBerry.
    08-02-16 06:02 PM
    I've also experienced this problem since Friday. I spoke to UBER support, and I can say that it's on UBER's side. My guess was that their engineers were messing with the m.uber.com site, but they told me my account had multiple access logs from different devices, so they temporary put a hold on my account.

They fixed my issue, but they explained it was Uber-sided, so contact them because it's the account that is affected, not your signal or device/OS. Contact me if you need more help

PIN:2C1B31BD

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 08:55 PM
    Why to worry over an app when they give you the permission to run the service via your BB10 native browser? I am completely fine with that! I just add the page to my home screen for further convenience.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 09:24 PM
    Why to worry over an app when they give you the permission to run the service via your BB10 native browser? I am completely fine with that! I just add the page to my home screen for further convenience.
    Except when their mobile site isn't working for a whole weekend and you desperately need an Uber? It's all these half-baked 'solutions' and cumbersome 'workarounds' BB10 users have to put up with I'm completely done with now.

I don't like the Priv, sorry, but I've ordered a Dtek-whatever. For once BlackBerry actually managed to price a device just right.

08-03-16 10:02 AM
    Except when their mobile site isn't working for a whole weekend and you desperately need an Uber? It's all these half-baked 'solutions' and cumbersome 'workarounds' BB10 users have to put up with I'm completely done with now.

I don't like the Priv, sorry, but I've ordered a Dtek-whatever. For once BlackBerry actually managed to price a device just right.

I understand what you mean. I still love my Passport and had actually thought of keep using it until the end of the year, but as I am the "official device tester" in my family, I was curious to try out the PRIV.

I find the DTEK50 a very nice device if you fancy an all-touch screen, congrats on your decision! I prefer the PRIV for the pkb, but the vkb is awesome, on par with the Z30, so I'm sure you'll enjoy your new device and definitely won't suffer the "app gap".

BB10 is my all around favourite OS, but if one needs to use apps which are only available on Android and iOS, I'm glad there are a couple of options available from BlackBerry. Uber works great on the PRIV, as I'm sure it will on your new device.

BTW, BlackBerry just updated all its apps, so you'll definitely get a great experience on your DTEK50 out of the box and a smoother transition from BB10. See you on the BlackBerry Android device's forum.

Posted with my mighty  PRIV by BlackBerry.
    08-03-16 10:14 AM
    BB10 is my favourite mobile OS as well, but with the lack of support and especially the lack of common apps working properly, I'm finally throwing in the towel. I think it's a shame that something like mere apps would force me away, but especially WhatsApp and Uber are crucial to me.

I chose BlackBerry because they are now the only manufacturer making pkb phones. The Priv is not my cup of tea for two reasons. 1: I don't like sliders, unless it's a properly designed landscape slider (which I've had several of before). 2. I'm not cheap, but I wouldn't buy something I consider grossly overpriced.

If I end up liking the Dtek and it's vkb (I have yet to try BlackBerry's vkb, but have heard good things. I usually hate vkbs, especially on Android), I'll probably try to forget about pkb phones (even though I've used various pkb smartphones since around 2002). I was planning to wait for the, still rumoured, Rome/Mercury, but unfortunately I can't wait until next year (I need proper WhatsApp support). Also, I'm thinking that when (if) it sees the light of day, it will probably be the very last physical qwerty keyboard phone released. So, I'll probably be forced to get used to virtual keyboards anyway...

Another thing I didn't expect to get so attached to is the Passport's wide/square screen. I've been a 'mobile phone geek' since 1995 and I've never kept a phone as long as I've had the Passport (almost 2 years now). I really love this thing and wish it was possible to get a dual boot with BB10 and Android, or an updated Android runtime with the support of Google services.

08-03-16 01:12 PM
    I understand your frustrations with BlackBerry 10 app ecosystem. But, the passport will surely be missed when you move on to another handset. I have tried it but there was something so special with the passport that ultimately I returned back to my Piano black PP.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 01:31 PM
    I know... but I'll still keep my beloved Passport, though. Even though it will no longer function as my daily driver, unfortunately... I'll just keep it for home use. I might even get a second SIM card for it, but I'll never carry two devices with me - that's something that completely defeats the purpose of a SMARTphone...

08-03-16 03:31 PM
33 12