I'm a crackberry since 2007 and a Bold 9700 was my first BlackBerry. I loved all my devices as well as BlackBerry OS & OS10.

I recently bought a white Passport but after all the developments of OS10 currently i'm really thinking about selling my Passport now after 2 month of use to still get a good deal and switch to an iOS device. It is a sad thought but being honest in the end my own money is more important than any brand loyalty...

BlackBerry OS10 � It ain't over until it's over! White Passport...
    03-22-16 10:48 PM
    Are you saying it's over?
    03-22-16 10:52 PM

You should do what suits your needs, logically.
    03-22-16 10:52 PM
    Since you're asking. I'd move to iOS. Unless you really... Really need the physical keyboard. Other than that there's not a good reason in my opinion to prefer the Passport. I have a Passport by the way.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-22-16 10:54 PM
    If it's only 2 months, just sell it if there is a good deal. I think it is safe to assume a phone will last you at least a year (in Canada the phone contract is between 2~3 years). Let's just say a year. The blackberry 10 app environment will only get worse, I think it is safe to say that there is basically no hope left for BlackBerry 10, because if there is any, Facebook definitely wouldn't close the API, especially since the API already exists. If you have absolute no trouble living without any big app such as Facebook, then blackberry will serve your basic needs very well. But if that's the case, I suggest a old Nokia.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 10:59 PM

You should do what suits your needs, logically.
    Here's a live version...

*A3-A20
    bodjor likes this.
    03-22-16 11:18 PM
    Decided to keep it until end of year.

03-25-16 03:24 AM
    Just got an iPhone 6 from work, I use a passport for personal use. So far the only plusses for me are apple maps, the app store. Though I've only downloaded apps I use on BlackBerry 10, now I have choice I ve only downloaded one app I couldn't get on my passport!
    Once more BlackBerry 10 apps stop working then I might change my mind more in favour of ios.
    The gestures aren't as smooth as bb10 and the home button is a pain, it's easier to swap between apps and close them on BlackBerry but I'm getting use to it

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    03-25-16 04:50 AM
    I have been using Passport for nearly a year. FB is a pain. Rest excellent.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 06:18 AM
    Just got an iPhone 6 from work, I use a passport for personal use. So far the only plusses for me are apple maps, the app store. Though I've only downloaded apps I use on BlackBerry 10, now I have choice I ve only downloaded one app I couldn't get on my passport!
    Once more BlackBerry 10 apps stop working then I might change my mind more in favour of ios.
    The gestures aren't as smooth as bb10 and the home button is a pain, it's easier to swap between apps and close them on BlackBerry but I'm getting use to it

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    I will get an iPhone 5s or 6 from work for private use as well. Therefore I can lean back and watch the development of OS10 pretty easy.

Next decision will be made start of 2017 when my contract is expiring. It will be interesting to watch what BlackBerry is doing:

- BlackBerry:
    New PBK device based on Android? I'll definitely give it a try thus I really don't like Android in it's current state because it is structured inefficient compared to BB10.

- Apple:
    Will be my second option if BlackBerry fails to convince me changing to a BlackBerry Android device.

- Windows Phone:
    Currently third option if iPhone7/iOS fails to convince me.

- Android:
    Currently last option if all others fail to convince me or in case Android develops to an efficient structured OS, especially in PIM areas (Hub etc.)

Personally I already accepted that OS10 is on the way out and I expect development ends with 10.3.4 end of 2016. There will be no BB10 successor I suppose. Therefore I hope that iOS nor Windows phone will introduce the unique features of OS10 mainly the Hub into their own versions.

03-25-16 06:37 AM
    I'd go android before apple.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 09:29 AM
    It depends on you and your needs, if you need flashy app ecosystem go for android or apple, but still passport has great hardware so i think there is no problem in running android apps on passport.

Posted via CB10
    antonrr likes this.
    03-25-16 09:31 AM
    It depends on you and your needs, if you need flashy app ecosystem go for android or apple, but still passport has great hardware so i think there is no problem in running android apps on passport.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I tried going android twice (Priv and Sony Xperia) and couldn't stand either. Had to return to the passport within a week of usage.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 09:33 AM
    I had a problem with my Passport and I received a replacement at no charge. I was thinking of getting an Android phone and checked a few out. I wasn't convinced. I just like how the BlackBerry works, the physical keyboard, the ability to re size an email and how it right justifies the text, how you can do that with a Word document or a PDF document. The Hub is great. I use this device for work and it is a workhorse. Great battery life. The delineation of work space and the abilities of BlackBerry blend are great. When I have compared these features to an iPhone or an Android the BlackBerry always comes out on top. Most of my business colleagues don't use many apps. I think a Passport is a great business phone. For me it's perfect. And I think I will be using it for a while yet. I was an early adopter. I had my secretary look up my first delivery... October 2014

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 09:46 AM
    Go Priv. The HUB makes it worthwhile and future BlackBerry Android phones with even better keyboards will continue making BlackBerry a worthwhile investment. iOS is awful.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 07:54 PM
    I have 22 apps on my Passport! As long as these continue to work ill keep my Passport! Coudn't care less about the newest, and other current apps! I prey that the ones I currently have continue to work indefinetly!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 08:18 PM
    I have a White Passport...and a black Classic....I just bought a Nextbit Robin because I need to give another system a fair chance and not be so negative.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-27-16 08:19 PM
    I have also mixed feelings. I am pretty sad about the way BlackBerry is moving or not. Unfortunately BlackBerry is no longer Research in Motion but something else.

I am not particularly attracted by android from the day I had a samsung S3, but I know things evolve. I am still using the Passport as my main device but not very attracted by the Priv. This is why I am testing Lunia 640XL with wm10. Unfortunately it has not convinced me yet and I am afraid it goes the same route as BB10 although I am sure microsoft has been plenty more resources then blackberry. So I am in a limbo between LG G5 and the iPhone. I always hated iphone because it is too mainstream in our days. But I'm not dumb enough to say it's not a good alternative and probably the more consistent OS in the market. Let time goes by and maybe something new and different will come. That's my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 03:45 AM
    "Should we stay or should we go?"

It's probably depends on individual reasoning and justification to stay or go...

"Should BlackBerry stay or go?"

The way they are dealing with present situation, one prominent thing is, they will still stay... but most likely with Android OS...

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 07:30 AM
    I have a Passport but recently decided to just stop torturing myself about Facebook by getting an old, battered but still usable Asus Zenfone 6, just for Facebook, FB Messenger, Go-jek, and any other app I cannot otherwise get properly on BB10. The passport is still a definite keeper due to the keyboard, Hub, battery life, productivity with document editing and security when using my bank app. I'm still using the Blackberry's Whatsapp until that dreadful time comes when I can no longer use it properly on BB10. Only then I'll switch to the android version on ZF6. My playbook becomes redundant and has to be boxed, just like my Q10 (plagued by DT).

I actually hate using two gadgets like this, but...whatthehecklah.
    03-28-16 08:05 AM
    Decided to keep it until end of year.

He already decided, so thread's finished I guess.
    03-28-16 08:12 AM
    Yesterday I received third Passport as replacement from Amazon. Now it's more like 90% go than stay if the third replacement also fails...

04-13-16 04:04 PM
    By the time my Passport gets here I'm going to be like heellooo anyone theeeere?? Never been this late to any party - like years late.
    04-13-16 05:28 PM
    I returned my passport to many problems from the start I went back to my classic

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 09:19 PM
    Stay man! Lots of updates and support coming for OS10 in the future!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 09:31 PM
28 12