Hi guys,
    Just wondering how many of you are ex Q10 owners who have converted to Passport and how many of you are Passport users who have converted back to Q10?

Thinking of making the switch.

Q10 to Classic would not make that much sense since its the same under the hood and I have adapted to living without the tool belt buttons - sure it makes life and navigation better but it's no deal breaker for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 11:20 AM
    I did - now my husband has my old Q. Love the screen, love the keyboard, love the beautiful leather case that my Passport is wearing. Even love the camera, in spite of other users' complaints. You just need to learn how to use it well.

But it doesn't fit in the front pockets of my skinny jeans, so if that sort of thing is important to you, stick with the Q.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    andy957 likes this.
    12-19-14 11:28 AM
    I did as well. Concerning the keyboard, it sure takes a while to get used to it (couple of weeks for me) as your thumbs have to travel longer distances and as there is no alt or shift key. But you get used to that. And then, whenever you have to go back to the Q, you think "how could I ever live with such a tiny screen?" Not to mention the touch functionality of the keyboard for scrolling or accurately placing the cursor in a document.
    For sure, I do not regret the step. And so far, I haven't found a pocket in which the Q would fit and the passport won't.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 12:21 PM
    I'm a former Q10 user who bought the Passport back in Oct, but I'll be moving to the Classic. Many a great thing about the Passport but honestly it's too wide for my liking and I'm not real fond of the keyboard. Screen size & speed are great, however my Q10 was more than enough speed for me. I am just a traditional gal. Don't relish change as a rule & the PP is a pretty drastic change. I was just desperate for a slightly bigger screen than the Q10 offered. If the Classic had been released prior to the Passport I would have never considered the Passport to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 12:40 PM
    Really. Forget the passport. Get the downgraded classic. lol
    12-19-14 12:44 PM
    I'm glad I did. Love(d) my q10. Best smart phone I ever had. I'm still keeping it as a back up. Yet I'm glad I sprung for the Passport.

Admittedly the hybrid keyboard takes some getting used to. I've had the Passport since Dec. 2 and getting more comfortable with it everyday.

The screen is fantastic for my needs. I do a fair amount of reading (web articles, charts papers) and the screen makes this very easy, even though the q10 has the reader function for articles the Passport 's screen plus the reader is divine to these old eyes.

I was concerned about size. I tries a Sony Ultra Z and found that uncomfortably large. Prior to purchasing the Passport I took my expired Aussie passport and carried it around, imagining it to be a bit stiffer, to see if the size bothered me. When I received my Passport it seemed a bit awkward but quickly that went away.

The issue for me was does the size disrupt or limit my ability to produce as well as I did with the q10? It has not. In fact it has replaced a number of tasks I previously performed on my iPad Mini.

Having used BlackBerry since 2003 I know the allure of the Classic but I'm glad I went with the Passport and I'll keep it.

"Life is pain! Anyone who says is isn't is trying to sell you something."
    12-19-14 01:45 PM
    Yes and you won't regret it. Passport is totally new experience.

Passport
    anon(9673419) likes this.
    12-19-14 01:46 PM
    Agree with most so far, but would add that if you're a pretty committed one-handed typer, I would advise against the Passport. It's a great phone for those that like to 2-thumb it, bit will drive the single-thumbers' nuts...
    Vintage123 likes this.
    12-19-14 02:15 PM
    Totally! I’ve had the Q10 for 1.5 years and as much as I loved it, I can’t go back to it after experiencing Passport’s stunning display and efficient typing. It took me a day to get used to the new way of typing, but after six days now, I can positively say I can write an entire novel with it. It’s that fast and comfortable — it IS the keyboard of the future. (Since I was never a one-handed typer to begin with, the width doesn't bother me.)

Another thing which I don’t see being mentioned is the call quality — my operator hasn’t changed and neither have they gone through any major upgrades in the past week or so, but the clarity of my calls has gone up drastically.

I also love how sturdy yet sleek the Passport is. Let’s be honest, the Q10 was never a sleek device, was it?

Is it the perfect phone? It could’ve been, if Instagram was working properly and the camera wasn’t so blooming’ lazy. You know in Q10, how you could move around the box to focus as you please, you can’t on the Passport camera (or, at least, in my unit — I’m running 10.3.0.1). It takes bloody ages to focus, but once it does, it takes stunning photos, actually. So good that you don’t want to faff around with editing and just post them right away.

As for the size, well, I’m a lady, I always carry a handbag (which has everything but the kitchen sink) with me, so it doesn't make much of a difference. The only time I wish that I had a smaller phone is when I’m going out and carrying a clutch — the Q10 never fit in one. I had to carry my phone in my hand then and I’ll have to carry it now as well, so all good.
    HarrisonArcher likes this.
    12-19-14 03:04 PM
    After reading your thread, I picked up my old Q10! Eheh, it's impossible to go back after using to the passport screen.
    I'm running it since its launch and it's my daily driver. The size is super manageable, the keyboard is easy to get used to and it's nice, large, the Q10 one really feels tiny and hard to type with.. NO regrets here, cant wait for passport 2!
    Barbareren likes this.
    12-19-14 03:17 PM
    Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 03:28 PM
    Thanks for the replies! I moved to the One Plus after the Q10 - so the size was bigger and yeah after that I just cant go back to a smaller screen. My only concern was the "wide" display and the new fangled keyboard that everyone loves to hate.

The Classic should have been the Q10. I agree that the Q10 sort of lost its "premium" feel. Since the 9900 (after the CEO before John Chen) devices has been plastic-iy.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 05:44 PM
    Newest and supposedly the best Blackberry ever seems to have more detractors and more complaints than ever. Don't these guys know you can test these things w hardcore bby users behind a one way mirror? It's a very basic testing technique.
    12-20-14 08:46 PM
    Do it. It has worked out great for me so far.

Posted via CB10 from my Passport.
    12-20-14 09:35 PM
    Yes!

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 06:11 PM