Hey guys I been using a Nokia 929 for awhile now and want to go back to a blackberry passport but have a few questions.

1. How good does instagram work on a blackberry.

2. Can we side load Snapchat?

3. Does instagram notifications show up in the blackberry hub?

4. How good is the gps in north America?

Thx guys
    08-11-15 10:32 PM
    I've just purchased a Passport so I'll try to break down and answer these questions.

Instagram - I'm using Igrann. In my eyes it is more beautiful than Instagram, it fits the Passport perfectly. Yes, it's third party but it's equally as good and allows you to upload photos and videos.

Snapchat - Officially No. The sideloading of the official Snapchat app can be done but you cannot log in due to the dependencies on certain Google services. I'm using Casper - it's perfect for my needs and apart from not been able to use the Snapchat IM features it's good and can be downloaded from around the Crackberry forums as an APK

Instagram and The Hub - Igrann has a pro edition which adds Hub integration. Personally I recommend purchasing this to show the dev some BlackBerry love.

GPS - Sadly I can't comment because I'm based in the UK

The Passport is beautiful, go for it.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 08:18 AM
    How good does instagram work on a blackberry. - IGRANN works very well.

2. Can we side load Snapchat?- You can try. If Snapchat is extremely important to you, I'd say you are going to be disappointed. For those lucky enough to still have it working on their phone (not official, a third party app), functionality is not complete and there is the risk you could lose access at any time and have to find a new workaround.

3. Does instagram notifications show up in the blackberry hub? - I don't have IGrann Pro, but apparently it does.

4. How good is the gps in north America? - Hasn't gotten me lost in Alberta or Southern California yet.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 09:14 AM
    They answered all the questions above proper. Igran works amazing, the passport is amazing

Posted via Passport SE
    08-15-15 08:37 PM
    to want a passport is like being in love... nobody can tell you that, you know the answer deep inside...
    08-15-15 09:21 PM
    YES!!!!!!!
    08-15-15 11:00 PM
    Yes. Do it. Do it now!

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 11:04 PM
    Not to sidetrack this thread, but how does netflix work? I officiate hockey and spend a lot of time at the rink between games... netflix is what I use to pass the time. Thoughts?
    08-16-15 12:24 AM
    It works other then the fact it's a square screen so you get the black borders!

Posted via Passport SE
    08-16-15 01:03 AM
    I would answer yes and no. It's an excellent phone, but I prefer not everyone has it, so hackers keep away ;-)

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 02:16 AM
    Should you get a Passport? Absolutely you should. I traded my Black Passport away for two Z30s and was given a red one as a gift today. There is no comparison. The Passport is just a powerhouse.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 02:23 AM