Hi all,

sorry for another "should I buy" thread. I'm finally in a position where I can buy a Passport (on Thursday!) But, right before I pull the trigger I'm trying to be sensible and I have some questions.

How bad are the double type, screen flicker and screen lifting problems? Is this a device you see lasting 2 years? I'm coming from a Q10 and for 2 years it has been SOLID (with a little double typing).

How do you find the size of the passport for carrying around in your jeans' pocket? Nights out with it etc?

Any thing else to consider?

I'm happy with my Q10 but find the battery isn't good enough anymore and it's a little laggy at times (but not common). Is the passport a lot quicker?

Cheers!
    05-05-15 02:02 PM
    haven't had the double typing issue more than once, no screen flicker whatsoever (honestly). as for the lifting screen feature, you'll use it once or twice, and once you start typing from your pants pocket, you'll forget it and stick to the top button pushing option.

it'll last you at least 24 hours of serious usage. great phone, really.
    05-05-15 02:09 PM
    Flickering gone with the latest update, screen lifting is with one in thousand, you can exchange if u are that one thousandth one, it fits well in jeans as most of us carry it.
    Positive side of Passport is: its unique device and you are bound to fall in love with it, if u give it a week.
    Best of luck

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry, Jonny-R and stevepar like this.
    05-05-15 02:13 PM
    Thank you for your reply. Sorry, I may have not been clear in my original post. I have heard reports that the phone screen corner lifts away from the device, but I have no idea how common this is or if it's due to misuse
    05-05-15 02:13 PM
    Cheers for your reply Helalzone
    helalzone likes this.
    05-05-15 02:19 PM
    OTA update. Nuff said!

Posted via my amazing BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1
    Jonny-R likes this.
    05-05-15 02:33 PM
    I did the same as you(Q10 had to be replaced 6 months in due to double typing) and so far I've had no real problems. The flicker went away with an OS update, I've had no screen lifting problems and it does fit in my jeans pocket. I do use the Body Glove clip when I'm at work, but otherwise I just have it in the case. It is a big improvement over my Q10, which I loved. The screen size, improved processing power and the touch keyboard are my 3 favorite things so far. I'd say go for it, you won't be disappointed!

Posted via CB10
    janzeeschuimers and Jonny-R like this.
    05-05-15 02:39 PM
    No double typing, my screen certainly not lifting and the flickering went away.
    While we like to curse blackberry for not getting things right, the iPhone 6 had problems people bought it anyway, Samsun 6 is having problems still been bought, you don't hear those persons making a lot of noise even thou the have problems every time they launch a new product, this is part of life things are not perfect and will never it.
    Jonny-R likes this.
    05-05-15 02:56 PM
    No double typing for me screen lifting or flicking. Flicking went away with the latest update.

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    Jonny-R and stevepar like this.
    05-05-15 03:12 PM
    No double typing, no flickering, no screen lift here.
    Go and buy your Passport

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 03:18 PM
    I have not experienced said issues. Buy it! Best BlackBerry on the market.

Posted via CB10
    Jonny-R likes this.
    05-05-15 03:26 PM
    I have not experienced said issues.
    Except for flickering on an OS I left behind months ago. No issues here.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 Sachesi upgraded to 10.3.1.2744
    Jonny-R likes this.
    05-05-15 03:34 PM
    I'm a Z30 guy, but my wife is 100% Passport and you'd only get it by prying it out of her hands under the threat of death. She absolutely loves her Passport. She has had zero problems from the day it was released .... well it took a few days for Amazon to deliver it, but since that day it's with her or beside her at all times.
    Jonny-R likes this.
    05-05-15 03:35 PM
    Never a problem with my Passport. Tight pants might be a problem for any phone, fits in my pocket ok. Buy it you will love it.

Posted via CB10
    Jonny-R likes this.
    05-05-15 03:38 PM
    Thank you all for your replies. I have ordered it and I'm collecting it in store on Thursday. Pretty excited!
    05-05-15 03:53 PM
    All I had was the flickering screen which was fixed months back
    05-05-15 03:58 PM
    I've had no problems with my Passport. It's been a great phone.
    05-05-15 04:26 PM
    Have you considered selling the q10? my toddler decided to juice my z10 last night.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    05-05-15 04:31 PM
    No flicker for a while now, no screen lift or double typing either. Great phone...just do it!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 04:35 PM
    Go for it and wonder in few days how did you even work and live with your old phone, be it BlackBerry or not! I was one of those asking the same Q as you did and got the same response from the CB crew. Put your fears aside, you'll love it and enjoy every moment of using it

Posted via my mighty squircle Passport
    Jonny-R likes this.
    05-05-15 04:59 PM
    Had mine since October, just the flickering screen issue which was fixed on a subsequent update. Also, no real pants pockets issues - once in a while it sits on an angle in my pocket so I quickly adjust; bonus - once you get used to the form factor I think you'll find it's pretty easy to use one handed for everything except cranking out long messages.

Congrats on your purchase, I think you'll really enjoy the device.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    05-05-15 06:17 PM
    Hi all,

sorry for another "should I buy" thread. I'm finally in a position where I can buy a Passport (on Thursday!) But, right before I pull the trigger I'm trying to be sensible and I have some questions.

How bad are the double type, screen flicker and screen lifting problems? Is this a device you see lasting 2 years? I'm coming from a Q10 and for 2 years it has been SOLID (with a little double typing).

How do you find the size of the passport for carrying around in your jeans' pocket? Nights out with it etc?

Any thing else to consider?

I'm happy with my Q10 but find the battery isn't good enough anymore and it's a little laggy at times (but not common). Is the passport a lot quicker?

Cheers!
    Do not listen to others when making purchases! Buy what you like and if you have problems, you can return it within 30 days. I bought a car that Consumer Report listed as one of the worst for quality, yet I have never had a single problem with it.
    Jrox74 and thatplaybookguy like this.
    05-05-15 08:23 PM
    Mine has dislodged and flown across my car six times in the last two weeks. Dropped it onto hardwood floors a few times and once onto asphalt. No scratches or screen lifting. The thing is a beast and can take it. No double double typing typing. What's this screen flicker you talk about? Great bit o kit.

I should add, no case.
    DarthRebecca likes this.
    05-05-15 08:41 PM
    Passport since launch..

Screen flicker is fixed (buggy os update caused it)

No screen lift on mine.

Double typing issue is real, started around the same time as flickering screen. I believe it's software related. A lot of people are making a big deal out of it, honestly it really doesn't bother me because spell check usually takes care of it.

I've never carried a phone in my pants pocket so I can't comment on that.

Battery life is great, I charge it every 2 days.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 08:50 PM
    I am a phone nerd, I literally have every single flag ship to date. iOS and android. I have have finally found a phone that I can't seem to find a problem with. The passport! If you are already a blackberry user you will DEFINITELY love this phone. And if you like other operating systems you will still love this phone. Go for it!

Posted via CB10
    gritsinct, bb624 and anon(9353145) like this.
    05-05-15 09:01 PM
93 123 ...