Hi guys,

Anyone know the shortcut key to press if you want to switch to speaker mode while on the line? On the classic or models before this we can do so by pressing the speaker button on the keyboard, but there's none on passport keyboard.
    04-16-15 06:23 AM
    I don't think there is any need for it since it is right there on the screen. Just tap it and you are on speaker mode.

z30sta100-2/10.3.2.281
    04-16-15 06:25 AM
    I don't think there is any need for it since it is right there on the screen. Just tap it and you are on speaker mode.

z30sta100-2/10.3.2.281
    Well then I guess we don't need any keyboard shortcuts! Since everything is on the screen. Might as well get rid of the physical keyboard, since there are on-screen keyboards too.

I also wish there were a physical key to turn on the speakerphone on the passport. Would make things easier especially when using the BlackBerry assistant in situations where you don't want to look at your screen
    skstrials likes this.
    04-16-15 08:36 AM
    Hi guys,

Anyone know the shortcut key to press if you want to switch to speaker mode while on the line? On the classic or models before this we can do so by pressing the speaker button on the keyboard, but there's none on passport keyboard.
    This is a neat feature. Doing this hadn't occurred to me, now I want it!! Here's hoping it's a feature in 10.3.2.
    04-16-15 08:41 AM
    I can add this to my app

Check out Keyboard Shortcuts - Access to 32+ custom keyboard shortcuts in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59949463

But the only problem is that shortcuts are only available while the homescreen is active. It you try to use the shortcut in any other app it will not work.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 11:27 AM
    It should be built into the phone app, and it usually is except for the passport
    04-16-15 11:29 AM
    Reason why i asked for a shortcut to speaker mode is because, the phone does lag a little whenever u pick up a phone call.

What i meant is, when a call comes in, you swipe to the left to accept the call, there is a 3 seconds lag before the screen switches to the "call ongoing" screen where the speaker mode or dialpad option is visible. This means whenever i pick up a call I've to wait 3 seconds before i can switch on speaker mode. On the other models with keyboard, i can immediately pick up, press the speaker button on my keyboard, and speak right away.

No, i don't wanna use bluetooth headpiece because the idea of not letting anything touch my face and use the speaker mode instead is to reduce that radiation on my head. So i prefer putting the phone in front of me and speak through the speaker...
    04-16-15 09:24 PM
    You could wrap foil around your head so the bluetooth and radio waves are shielded.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 09:30 PM
    Tried that but stopped cos everyone was looking at me funny
    07-01-15 12:04 AM
    There is a bluetooth speaker that you don't necessarily need to put near to your face - otherwise, you will look more ridiculous than having a triangular shape aluminium foil in your head.

From my personal point-of-view, a 2-3 second delayed to transfer the incoming voice from mobile regular speaker to its loudspeaker is not that much that you are going to lose the entire message conversation. And just to make it sure that the other person is not going to tell the whole story within 2-3 seconds, don't answer it until the loudspeaker is engaged. In fact, even your loudspeaker is already activated, as long as you are not answering his 'hellos', he/she will keep saying 'hello'... sometimes, with a confirmation of 'are you there?'... try it... ;-)

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 12:53 AM