Hi!

I have a friend who bought a new Blackberry Passport and he is complaining about the battery life on the phone.
    Wondering if it's ok that the battery lasts just one day. He surf and doe's not email excessively.

Is there reason to complain about the battery?
    12-06-16 07:56 AM
    Some non-native android apps can quickly drain your battery, skype being a notorious culprit. I would recommend using device monitor to check to see what is consuming the battery.

I purchased a new passport on November 24, it gives me a solid day of use and by the time I crawl into bed it has about 20% left on charge.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 08:31 AM
    My passport is like almost 2 years old. But of late with android apps running, it lasts only 15-16 hours. Though the battery monitor shows that system is the largest sucker on battery followed by PIM services and display.

I guess the android apps make the system run harder, which sucks up the battery then.

Posted via my awesome  Passport
    12-06-16 11:05 AM
    Yeah it's really impossible to say without seeing his battery stats and knowing what apps he has installed. My passport easily lasted a day and I was a heavy user.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    12-06-16 11:42 AM
    Battery stats would be helpful, but getting a full day of use isn't really that bad. To add to the comments above, another battery hogger is the antenna constantly polling for a connection to the carrier. If you're in a bad coverage area, for example, the battery gets depleted quickly.
    12-06-16 02:18 PM
    It's about usage habits, apps installed, battery health, mobile network, etc. If you friend posts his graphs (extended to apps list), he might get some advices. Otherwise it's impossible to discuss.
    12-06-16 06:31 PM
    My Passport lasts 2.5 days.....at least.
    12-07-16 09:01 PM
    In moderate use my passport last hardly 7 to 8hrs

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 11:36 AM
    Hi!

I have a friend who bought a new Blackberry Passport and he is complaining about the battery life on the phone.
    Wondering if it's ok that the battery lasts just one day. He surf and doe's not email excessively.

Is there reason to complain about the battery?
    If he is surfing the Web watching a lot of videos than yeah Battery will suffer.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 12:12 PM
    Honestly I think its all about the battery! When it ages it starts to loose its charge! Nothing you can do about that! I barely get the full day on a full charge cauz mines 2yrs ol now!

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 02:17 PM
    Honestly I think its all about the battery! When it ages it starts to loose its charge! Nothing you can do about that! I barely get the full day on a full charge cauz mines 2yrs ol now!

Posted via CB10
    That's why I like removable batteries. The minor gains in capacity and size reduction with a built in battery are not worth the drawbacks unless you like being in a "disposable" world. It's my one big complaint about the Z30 & Passport. I've seen the degradation first hand on my Playbook. Meanwhile I know I can always refresh even my 9360 or 9900 by popping in a new battery
    dmlis likes this.
    12-09-16 03:43 PM
    That's why I like removable batteries. The minor gains in capacity and size reduction with a built in battery are not worth the drawbacks unless you like being in a "disposable" world. It's my one big complaint about the Z30 & Passport. I've seen the degradation first hand on my Playbook. Meanwhile I know I can always refresh even my 9360 or 9900 by popping in a new battery
    +1 that's why I am using a Z10
    12-09-16 05:25 PM
    I get two full days and one night without touching a charger. On weekends, I go three full days and two nights without a charger.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    12-09-16 07:17 PM