I am shocked a blackberrys build quality - it's been just over six months since i got my passport and the screen protector that came with it is now showing signs of wear and i will need to replace it.

Can I get a refund

In all seriousness, this phone is in and out of my pocket all day long and i've dropped it twice so far and this is the only only complaint I can find.

I really can't believe blackberry haven't pushed this phone more.
    raves68 likes this.
    04-11-16 06:25 AM
    I am glad you like your passport, I also had a couple of them and never had any build quality issues and I know a few folks who have had theirs since the device was released and love it. Thanks for sharing.
    gugomat likes this.
    04-11-16 06:58 AM
    If it's brand new than that's not a true screen protector. It's there for shipping only and your suppose to remove it.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 08:49 AM
    Do you mean the "new plastic" that you're supposed to take off when you unbox it?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 08:52 AM
    I am shocked a blackberrys build quality - it's been just over six months since i got my passport and the screen protector that came with it is now showing signs of wear and i will need to replace it.

Can I get a refund

In all seriousness, this phone is in and out of my pocket all day long and i've dropped it twice so far and this is the only only complaint I can find.

I really can't believe blackberry haven't pushed this phone more.
    Build of the device is solid for sure.......as a matter of habit, I regularly change my screen protector, probably 3-4 times per year.
    04-11-16 08:53 AM
    The screen protector is nothing to do with the device you must be a real numpty if you think it is or warrants a refund the build quality of the Passport particularly the SE is excellent

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 09:06 AM
    The screen protector is nothing to do with the device you must be a real numpty if you think it is or warrants a refund the build quality of the Passport particularly the SE is excellent

Posted via CB10
    Sarcasm from the OP perhaps
    04-11-16 09:09 AM
    Hope to swap somebody a Sammie Tab S , a Samsung Gear S and a Samsung 3 for a used Passport when I can post on the buy,sell board. Yes, the Gear does make phone calls very well actually.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 09:16 AM
    Yeah - forgot the <SARCASM></SARCASM> tags
    04-11-16 10:01 AM
    The z30 was built very well too. Jury is still out on my priv but so far so good

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    04-11-16 10:59 AM
    Which passport do you have? The Silver edition? Just asking for curiosity

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 12:02 PM
    I just took mine off and my wife's Passport a couple of weeks ago. The screen "protector" was starting to look scuffed... the screen is beautiful without the shipping label... and I know if was supposed to be removed at unboxing I just never did until recently. The SE is a tank of a phone. Sad that it was the last great bb10 phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 12:48 PM
    My Z10 is a crazy lasting brick. I don't know how many times I dropped that thing, even without the protective case. Sure it has some tiny scratches, but you should have to try to be as clumsy as me with a Samsung or an iPhone. I don't know about the priv but BBRY used to build very durable devices. Let's hope they keep that in mind if they stay in hardware.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 02:32 PM
    I still have original "packaging" film on mine. Have it from beginning when it became available in UK.
    Not perfect condition trough (few scuffs and bit milky) but does the job.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 05:10 PM
    Yeah, all of my BB10 phones are crazy durable. The Z10 and OG Passport, most especially. Dropped and sit upon more than I care to remember, but still solid and usable. The Q10 is also strong, but rather vulnerable on the keyboard. The Playbook--hmm, I haven't tried to drop or sit on it just as yet, so I can't comment. Lol.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 04-12-16 at 02:41 PM.
    04-12-16 01:59 PM
    The original PP has that awesome I-frame design. I have dropped mine on concrete so many times. I got a couple of hairline fractures in the corners but the fact I'm still able to use it is great.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 02:37 PM
    I got a used og pp with shipping screen protector on front and the camera, to me it's like leaving the plastic on the couch.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 04:41 PM
    Sarcasm from the OP perhaps
    People don't seem to know how to read between the lines.

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    brookie229 likes this.
    04-12-16 07:28 PM
    I got a used og pp with shipping screen protector on front and the camera, to me it's like leaving the plastic on the couch.
    Nah, - when i've just laid down nearly �400 notes for a phone I will damn well get everthing out of it

Hell my z30 had it's shipping screen protector still attached well into it's second year - in fact it lasted way longer than the 3rd party screen protector I applied afterwords.

Seriously though, the Passport is probably the best phone i've ever had and the only thing i'd really change about it is to make the onscreen part of the keyboard customisable - in that i could change the layout to suit right handed operation.

And i've never seen a Passport here in th UK, in the wild or in a store - so shame on you John Chen.
    04-13-16 02:23 AM
    Hi UNCLE...
    I'm from UK and not seen any in wild besides of second hand shops.
    Bought mine from Vodafone, so they been available and seen stands with BlackBerry phones as well in some shops. But I agree, not enough advertising (if any) seen.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 08:35 PM
    Somebody bumped into me at a music festival and I tossed/dropped my phone from elbow level, watched it fall in slow motion.
    Expected the worst as I went to pick it up, my hard case had a small scratch on the corner, everything else worked fine, whew!

Also my screen protector that came with the Hard Shell has done well, especially with keys and other metal objects scratching against it.

Posted via CB10 via Passport.
    04-13-16 09:38 PM
    Hmm, I use my pp without any screen protector and case. i never faced any issue it has fallen down several times...

From My Red Passport
    xKingHopy likes this.
    04-14-16 01:51 AM