Hi everyone, I was told by my carrier today that the settings for Hotspot on the Chatr network have changed to chatrisp.apn.

Now he made it very clear that this is different than the APN for the Data connection.

My guess is that this is somehow accomplished via escreens:// in the browser, but I have searched high and low and have found nothing that stands out.

Your help is appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 09:36 PM
    Hi everyone, I was told by my carrier today that the settings for Hotspot on the Chatr network have changed to chatrisp.apn.

Now he made it very clear that this is different than the APN for the Data connection.

My guess is that this is somehow accomplished via escreens:// in the browser, but I have searched high and low and have found nothing that stands out.

Your help is appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    Do you find engineering scree on passport?
    Yeah... I can

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    03-24-17 12:16 AM
    Yes I have the engineering screen and have looked everywhere, and nothing comes out. I called BlackBerry support, but while they are fairly confident they can help, they are not 100% sure, unless I pay the $35 fee. I don't mind, but if someone has some experience before I bite the bullet and pay, I would be grateful.

Thanks!
    Set an APN for Hotspot?-img_20170324_091843.png

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 08:20 AM
    You will find it the settings, the easiest way is to pull the quick menu down from the top of the screen, select 'Mobile Network' and the APN setting screen is accessed by pressing the cog at the bottom of the screen marked APN.

I am not sure there is anywhere else you can change APN settings.

You could try setting up the Mobile Hotspot, go into settings, then select Networks and Connections, then select Mobile Hotspot and proceed through the setup process, I don't use the Hotspot so I cant help past here.

You should know what you are doing before you change the settings here so be careful.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    03-24-17 10:11 AM
    Unfortunately I have tried adjusting the APN for the Data network but then I immediately lose my data connection. Apparently the Data APN and Hotspot APN need to be defined separately. My Priv does it automatically it seems, but the Passport does not have this feature. Guess I may have to plop the $35, for BlackBerry support, cross fingers and hope for the best!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 10:42 AM
    Unfortunately I have tried adjusting the APN for the Data network but then I immediately lose my data connection. Apparently the Data APN and Hotspot APN need to be defined separately. My Priv does it automatically it seems, but the Passport does not have this feature. Guess I may have to plop the $35, for BlackBerry support, cross fingers and hope for the best!

Posted via CB10
    did you end up trying BlackBerry support to change Hotspot APN? I'm having the same issue with you right now. i can change the Data APN (chatrweb.apn), but I can't change the hotspot apn (chatrisp.apn). it's quite annoying actually. never used to have this problem with Mobilicity
    08-09-17 11:50 AM
    Unfortunately, they told me that even if I paid, there was no guarantee that it would work. I gave up and just used the passport as is. Oddly, my Priv works flawlessly on Chatr.
    09-09-17 10:19 PM
    Unfortunately, they told me that even if I paid, there was no guarantee that it would work. I gave up and just used the passport as is. Oddly, my Priv works flawlessly on Chatr.
    well that sucks... might give it a shot with BB and see if it works, cuz otherwise I'll have to buy a new phone. thanks anyways
    09-12-17 03:31 PM