I have a problem here: I sold my Passport because I'll (possibly) get a Priv. I'm supposed to ship it out today. I initiated a security wipe about 15 hours ago and it just won't stop - over the last 7 hours it's been sitting at somewhere around 97%.

What can be done? I didn't have any sensitive information on it in the first place.

Can I cancel this somehow?
    11-10-15 10:33 PM
    Security Wipe taking way too long. Cancel?-best-answer.jpg

Hold down the button on top of the device until it reacts. It's just waiting for a reboot at this point
    A security wipe shouldn't take more than an hour!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 11-12-15 at 02:33 PM.
    11-11-15 12:22 AM
    Security wipes can take quite sometime depending on how much data you had. I had that happen to me before. Restart the phone by holding the 2 volume buttons. After it boots up go into security wipe again to restart it. That's what I did before and it worked out fine. You can wipe it again after it finishes the first time.

Posted with my BlackBerry Priv via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 01:28 AM
    If you want to make a quick security wipe on any bb10 device, first, you need to autoload the latest firmware (with autoloader) and then (on a clean) device make a security wipe.
    11-11-15 05:26 AM
    I recently wiped my Passport. It took about three days total. It took its sweet time to go from 97% to 98% to 99% before finally giving me an error.

The screen displayed www.bberror.com/bb10-0015.

I thought I bricked my phone but then I followed the instructions given at that website. I used Link to reload the OS and all was well.

Posted via my Priv 5.1.1
    11-11-15 05:59 AM
    I recently wiped my Passport. It took about three days total. It took its sweet time to go from 97% to 98% to 99% before finally giving me an error.

The screen displayed BlackBerry 10 OS error codes - US.

I thought I bricked my phone but then I followed the instructions given at that website. I used Link to reload the OS and all was well.

Posted via my Priv 5.1.1
    what I ended up doing: pressed the power button until the phone stopped rebooting and produced the above mentioned error. I then used link to simply re-install BB OS and got it back to working condition. What a pain in the **** that was, though :-/
    11-11-15 08:06 AM
    Run an autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 08:39 AM
    If you want to make a quick security wipe on any bb10 device, first, you need to autoload the latest firmware (with autoloader) and then (on a clean) device make a security wipe.
    Sorry friend but that's a total waste of time!! Don't know where you got that information from but it's useless.
    But, whatever works! I don't mean any disrespect to you.
    11-11-15 03:59 PM
    Autoloader does in seconds what a security wipe takes hours to do.

I haven't reloaded my OS via link in over a year, so not sure if that's just as quick, but it is definitely faster than DAYS. Yikes.

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    joseanmx and anon(3732391) like this.
    11-12-15 05:56 AM
    I'm using Sachesi to wipe my device and it only took an hour.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 08:56 AM
    A couple of days ago, my black Passport started overheating in the top right hand corner, so I did a hard reset with the volume keys. Well that was the start of a morning's problems! The phone would boot up, but after about 2 mins would freeze, & then die, & not restart until I restarted it! & it just carried on like that over & over & I couldn't get past that initial boot up & then crash... Anyway, I looked on CB forums & some others had had similar problems etc, & some had suggested using Link to reload the software & some had returned for an exchange phone. So that's what I did & plugged it in to my laptop & used Link to reload the software. It didn't take too long, about an hour, & then I reinstalled all the apps etc separately.

Email, contacts & calendar were linked through Outlook, so that was easy, & then it was a matter of going through settings until I had it as I wanted. I didn't restore the data from Link in case there was an issue with corrupted data, or something, plus I had double contacts & I didn't want that again. So now it's working great, I don't have double contacts, & I would say the battery is lasting even longer. It would last me through till bedtime around 11 or 12 o'clock with about 15% but now I seem to get to the same point with 30 - 40% remaining. I must admit, I was a bit concerned with doing all of the above, but TBH, it went fine. I now have a good backup of the phone, so won't worry about using this to restore from. Hope this helps anyone else having the same problems.

Posted on CB10 with my  Passport but previously my  Q10
    Last edited by BBwild; 11-12-15 at 12:43 PM.
    joseanmx likes this.
    11-12-15 10:45 AM
    This was a lifesaver. I too sold my passport to get a Priv and was stuck at 98% for a whole day. Thanks for the tip. I ended up using Blackberry Link to reload and I was good to go.
    zipro and joseanmx like this.
    11-16-15 11:33 PM
    I wipe my blackberry passport and it takes too long, i did the long press hold down button still went back to wiping process. what will i do? do i have to wait again? is there any other way way. need help!
    11-13-16 06:07 PM
    I wipe my blackberry passport and it takes too long, i did the long press hold down button still went back to wiping process. what will i do? do i have to wait again? is there any other way way. need help!
    Run BlackBerry link on your computer, do the long press, then connect it and choose replace. Should take about 30mins tops.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 09:42 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Best Answer.jpg 
Views:	501 
Size:	3.9 KB 
ID:	380316

Hold down the button on top of the device until it reacts. It's just waiting for a reboot at this point
    A security wipe shouldn't take more than an hour!
    My phone was at 100% complete and even then it took a long time, so
    I did as you said but all it did was restart the wipe again!
    I really need to know what to do know. Please help
    04-24-17 11:42 AM
    Btw i have a Blackberry Classic and also I removed my SD card before the wipe and inserted it back during the wipe.
    04-24-17 11:48 AM
    If it will not complete the wipe you can use BlackBerry link to reinstall the OS. I waited 3 days for a wipe with several reboots of the device and after that I just used BlackBerry link.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-17 12:11 AM
    Avoid via link.. Always takes way too long and you usually end up getting an error.
    04-25-17 12:18 PM
    Help! I did a dumb thing. I am giving my husband my Blackberry Passport (AT&T) because I purchased the new Blackberry KEYone. I took the Sim card and put it in the new KEYone and got a new Sim card for the Passport. Then because all my stuff was still on it and I knew he would not want that stuff, I did a security wipe. I think I should have done a Factory Reset but no I did a Security Wipe. Now the phone won't turn on. Every time I try by holding down the power on/off button it just seems to start the security wipe over again.
    Ami I totally screwed? have I ruined the phone for my husband? Please any advice is gratefully accepted!
    Thanks!
    06-11-17 10:57 AM
    Use link to reinstall
    06-11-17 11:06 AM
    I also tried holding down the two volume keys and again it seems to restart the Security wipe.
    06-11-17 11:07 AM
    I also tried holding down the two volume keys and again it seems to restart the Security wipe.
    Don't worry, you have NOT ruined the Passport for your hubby. You should, however turn off BlackBerry Protect, both on the device and on the Protect website. You will have to reload the device with an autoloader (do a search here on CB). All will be good and the device will feel like new again.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 08:46 AM
    I have tried Link but it won't open on my PC. Downloaded Blend and it will at least work with my PC but it won't recognize the Passport. it won't turn off even with holding down off button for minutes. just gives me the following error: www.bberror.com/bb10-0015. now AT&T is suggesting that I let the battery run down completely and then reload thru Blend. so that's where I am at currently.
    06-13-17 01:45 PM
    Search for an autoloader for it on here.
    06-13-17 03:53 PM
    I have tried Link but it won't open on my PC. Downloaded Blend and it will at least work with my PC but it won't recognize the Passport. it won't turn off even with holding down off button for minutes. just gives me the following error: www.bberror.com/bb10-0015. now AT&T is suggesting that I let the battery run down completely and then reload thru Blend. so that's where I am at currently.
    Don't do any of that. Search on CB for autoloaders and how to use them.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-17 04:02 PM
28 12