Hey everyone,

I'm on my second Passport now, the first one I had to send back due to my signal that kept failing and keys not working. Now I'm on my second Passport, the same problem occurs. I'm done with BlackBerry, I was thinking about maybe getting a Priv but with the key issues on this device, I'm really considering an Apple.
    My M and E key are to sensitive and it inserts multiple letters whenever I use these keys.

For a 580� phone, I'd expect way, way better than this. Yesterday I tried to back-up my Passport since they probably will give me a replacement one, and I couldn't even make a back up!! From a company that makes most of their money with software, that's a joke, really, a joke.

Is there anyone with a Priv who hadn't had these issues with the keys failing after not even a YEAR of use?

Cheers!

"Got here with my Diplomatic Passport"
    08-23-16 06:20 AM
    The double typing has plagued me too. Some people have been able to get rid of it with different software versions, but mine has remained. Out of warranty too so not much I can do besides try to replace the keyboard.
    08-23-16 06:28 AM
    Years ago, every Blackberry I had, the cursor button would stop working mysteriously. My last Blackberry was the 9800. Can't remember the model before that.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 03:57 PM
    I'm so sick of it, I've called the store and said I'd gladly take a Priv or an iPhone 6 Plus instead of this Passport.
    Also, at the end of the year, is there going to be NO whatsapp for the Passport, or just no more updates?
    08-30-16 02:52 PM
    You'll have to use the android WhatsApp at the end of the year. Existing BB10 Whatapp servers will not be connectable.
    08-30-16 03:17 PM
    No whatsapp on any BB10 device after December.

One of the drawbacks of a physical keyboard is that the keyboard can fail - true of Blackberries, laptops, desktop computers...

Probably why the DTEK, Z10 and Z30 will be the last surviving Blackberries.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 10:11 AM
    Are you kidding us? Because of the key and you can't backup your phone, I have never heard such a thing!

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 10:18 AM
    I lucked out. My red OG Passport still going strong. Hopefully it keeps going until Mercury comes out.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    08-31-16 10:46 AM
    Mine has returned to the double typing again as well. It's infuriating when trying to write or edit docs.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 10:51 AM
    Mine has returned to the double typing again as well. It's infuriating when trying to write or edit docs.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I know the feeling, I've been offered a few phones, Samsung S6/S7, one Priv that's available. Which I need to pay extra for (Also for the S7), I don't know if I should go for the Priv, I LOVE how it looks but I have to pay more for the Priv than for the S7. But the Blackberry Hub is addictive haha.
    08-31-16 10:53 AM
    My Passport had the double typing, then it went away with an update and came back with the last update. Mysteriously, it has stopped double typing but now my Passport has started to freeze and occasionally the screen blacks out. Almost two yrs old.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 10:59 AM
    My Passport had the double typing, then it went away with an update and came back with the last update. Mysteriously, it has stopped double typing but now my Passport has started to freeze and occasionally the screen blacks out. Almost two yrs old.

Posted via CB10
    I had the last 2 problems as well. My double typing never went away and it's from the keys them selves, I'm dead sure. Hoping the Priv is different...
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    08-31-16 02:28 PM
    I had the last 2 problems as well. My double typing never went away and it's from the keys them selves, I'm dead sure. Hoping the Priv is different...
    I am really thinking about giving the Dtec50 a try.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 05:10 PM
    No double typing on my Passport yet, been using it for ~10months.
    08-31-16 10:28 PM
    replacing the keyboard is quite easy, The battery removal was a pain tho.
    09-01-16 09:57 AM
    Hey everyone,

I'm on my second Passport now, the first one I had to send back due to my signal that kept failing and keys not working. Now I'm on my second Passport, the same problem occurs. I'm done with BlackBerry, I was thinking about maybe getting a Priv but with the key issues on this device, I'm really considering an Apple.
    My M and E key are to sensitive and it inserts multiple letters whenever I use these keys.

For a 580� phone, I'd expect way, way better than this. Yesterday I tried to back-up my Passport since they probably will give me a replacement one, and I couldn't even make a back up!! From a company that makes most of their money with software, that's a joke, really, a joke.

Is there anyone with a Priv who hadn't had these issues with the keys failing after not even a YEAR of use?

Cheers!

"Got here with my Diplomatic Passport"
    My mom has had a priv for almost a year and it has worked great aside from her picture messages not downloading and an awful beeping noise when I call her that for some reason she can't hear on her side.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 09:23 PM
    I am typing this on my FIFTH Passport due to mutli-typing keys.

First device lasted about 6 months. All others started within the 90 day replacement warranty so I haven't had to pay for anything.

However I love this device so much I'll keep getting replacements every 90 days if necessary.

I also have Verizon Priv and no key issues to date.

Passport still superior, IMO
    mofoahh likes this.
    09-01-16 09:30 PM