Hi everyone,

I am sure some of you will remember I have had recently issues with my Blackberry Passport signal dropping, and comparing it to my 9780 which always gets signal, However now all I get on my Passport is " Searching for Network" all the time and it never connects, been like it for 2 weeks now, possibly more. It is unlocked and I have tried EE, Vodafone UK, and Tesco UK sim cards with no results.

I have done a reset, a hard reset , and also a whole security swipe and reloaded the OS (3.2.2474) and still cant get anything at all. I am starting to thing for some reason the device is faulty? - even though I don't know how as it basically worked and the next day stopped working just like that. - I have tried to request a replacement from BlackBerry and they are being a little slow suggesting things I have already told them I have done and now I am also worried as my Years warranty runs out of the 3rd October and feel once its out of that time line that's it no support for me, even though I have requested a replaced before that time.

Any help, advice or suggestions will be greatly received !
    09-30-15 07:40 AM
    As long as the issue you are having and your request for a replacement unit is documented before the warranty expires, it should be fine.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 10:07 AM
    I was having a similar issue. I gave up and called BlackBerry support. A replacement is on its way. Cost about 250 which will be refunded once I send this one back. Would have been free if I had sent mine in first.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 11:34 PM
    I was having a similar issue. I gave up and called BlackBerry support. A replacement is on its way. Cost about 250 which will be refunded once I send this one back. Would have been free if I had sent mine in first.

Posted via CB10
    how did you call blackberry support? , as I am in the UK is it going to be tricky for me to get a replacement? , as I keep asking blackberry through DM on Twitter and email I want a replacement but they keep pushing me back to the carrier I originally got it from (Vodafone UK) and they say it's blackberry's warranty talk to them basically !

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 03:20 AM
    When you go back to the purchase point, carrier, ask to speak to the manager. If the answer is still contact BlackBerry, ask them for phone numbers to contact customer support.

I really think just talking to the manager might help you more. Are you within 30 days? If not, just talk to them about how long you have been a Vodaphone customer and like their service and really need their help. Good Luck.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 06:40 AM
    Update:
    After going back and forth and becoming sick of the issue and not getting a straight answer I tweeted John Chen last night about the problem, and this morning Blackberry customer care changes their tune and offers a full free of charge repair to my device!, probably just a coincidence but I am over the moon ! - finally !
    10-01-15 10:07 AM
    Glad you are going to get your phone fixed. Let us know how it is after it is returned to you.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 12:23 PM
    I've had the same issue. Device "searching for network" constantly whilst other devices in same areas pick up 4G/3G . Tried everything from changing sims to security wipe reset to reloading OS and even loading an older OS. No results. In the process of sending it back to place of purchase for repairs / replacement.
    04-03-16 05:07 PM